Who has a 7.3 and experienced the "misfire" plug wire concern or not please leave feedback

Issue or no issue

• Yes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 78.4%

• Total voters
Single Lead Spark Plug WirePart#: WR6164 (12286)
Usages: 01/20/2021, F-Series Super Duty, 7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8 Gas;01/20/2021, F-Series Super Duty, 7.3L 2V DVCT NA PFI V8 GAS - B
Most parts available next business day.
Your Price: $27.09
MSRP: $27.09

This is what they ordered for me. The old number was $14.70, new part number is $27.09

I had a misfire BECAUSE I changed to massive wires. My factory ones were and are fine
2021. Build date 2/21

I had a slightly rough idle and swapped in the Massive wires, which were complete shit. Awful product. Produced multiple misfires and melted in a few thousand miles. DO NOT BUY MASSIVE SPARK PLUG WIRES.

I swapped for another aftermarket brand of wires from 5 Star Tuning, they are performing great.

I had a slightly rough idle and swapped in the Massive wires, which were complete shit. Awful product. Produced multiple misfires and melted in a few thousand miles. DO NOT BUY MASSIVE SPARK PLUG WIRES.

I swapped for another aftermarket brand of wires from 5 Star Tuning, they are performing great.
My truck was build 8/29/2022 and has the new wires on it. I ordered 2 extra just in case I have an issue towing. I have not herd any complaints on the 2022's.

keep us posted on performance

Here is the elusive "C" wire I just got today. Supposedly the motor home wire.
20210917_141011.jpg

Single Lead Spark Plug WirePart#: WR6164 (12286)
Usages: 01/20/2021, F-Series Super Duty, 7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8 Gas;01/20/2021, F-Series Super Duty, 7.3L 2V DVCT NA PFI V8 GAS - B
Most parts available next business day.
Your Price: $27.09
MSRP: $27.09

This is what they ordered for me. The old number was $14.70, new part number is $27.09
Thanks for posting. Just ordered a couple to have on hand.

I've read on an RV site that the lower wire in this pic are the latest wires. They are the wires that came on my 7.3 built in August of 21.
There is more space around the wire, it is wider at the bend, and there is a spring around the boot to give space and air flow I'm guessing. The lower wire in the pic is the new one, (not my pic), compared with the old wire, (top).
LC3Z-12286-C (WR6167) View attachment 33977

Yeah just went back and saw this pic, My 20 has the top wires, but no issues yet at 11k miles, towing over 50% of that. The C wire I bought is just like the bottom one and posted above. So they clearly made a change, guess Ford will see if they can get the old wires out of warranty before replacing them.

I don't get why any wires would be cooking like the one's I've seen people posting. Are they using cheap Chinese rubber?
I used to run an old 72 corvette with a worked 350 and chrome hooker headers with side pipes. Those headers would glow red, and the air blowing past them would make the floor so hot it would melt my chucks to the point where I put a piece of wood down to rest my foot on. The plug wires would get beat after a while, but they never burned up, and I beat the liv'n crap out of that car. Here I'm doing a burn out. It would cook the exhaust manifold gaskets, and I always carried spares of those
fullsizeoutput_235.jpeg

keep us posted on performance
I installed the new Firecore 5.0 Ignition wires in July once we reached Cape Cod towing our 10k travel trailer. Then went down to Maryland, then west to Yellowstone, through Montana, Idaho and back to Tacoma area. Lots of mountain driving towing 10k and revving the engine 3500-4500 and beyond for 20-30 minutes at a time climbing those mountain passes. Firecores with the titanium heat protectors have performed flawlessly with 4000 miles of towing.

So the wires in the photo from @NDfan131 looks slightly different from the “C” wires for a motorhome that @Trapper posted. The WR6164 appears to have a 90 degree boot but the LC3Z-12286-C has a 60 degree boot.
3071398A-CE09-4D90-8302-93A10BF6526A.png

On another note, my rocket scientist father-in-law was probably right that it’s caused by excessive heat generated at higher RPM’s. As stated above the 7.3L has a modulating Ignition Coil that generates up to 46,000 volts. Makes sense that as RPM increases, voltage increases and heat increases. My failures all appear to be from the inside at the connector. The A plug was completely sealed which would hold in heat. These new plug wires are “vented”. Looks like Ford’s series of “Punishing Tests” were preformed by the “Owners QA Department”. “Test to Failure” is when they crap out on the Ike pulling you trailer😩

I don't get why any wires would be cooking like the one's I've seen people posting. Are they using cheap Chinese rubber?
I used to run an old 72 corvette with a worked 350 and chrome hooker headers with side pipes. Those headers would glow red, and the air blowing past them would make the floor so hot it would melt my chucks to the point where I put a piece of wood down to rest my foot on. The plug wires would get beat after a while, but they never burned up, and I beat the liv'n crap out of that car. Here I'm doing a burn out. It would cook the exhaust manifold gaskets, and I always carried spares of thoseView attachment 34146
Looks like you had a big old grin goin on too!

Just trying to narrow this issue down, Let me know if you have or have not. Include your year and mileage of truck for your answer also.
Yes,2020 Tremor,,,, 12,000 miles,,, 4 weeks to fix at dealership in Billings Montana. I now carry a spare set of plug wires with me

I used to run an old 72 corvette with a worked 350 and chrome hooker headers with side pipes. Those headers would glow red, and the air blowing past them would make the floor so hot it would melt my chucks to the point where I put a piece of wood down to rest my foot on. The plug wires would get beat after a while, but they never burned up, and I beat the liv'n crap out of that car. Here I'm doing a burn out. It would cook the exhaust manifold gaskets, and I always carried spares of thoseView attachment 34146
From the look on your face, we can tell you were having too much fun in that car.

Also, from the station wagon with wood panels in the background, this is a really old picture... :ROFLMAO:

From the look on your face, we can tell you were having too much fun in that car.

Also, from the station wagon with wood panels in the background, this is a really old picture... :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, Im lucky I survived that car. That was about 37 years ago. 21 years old when I bought it. Was an x race car with a fresh 425hp 350, a posi rear, and a traction bar welded to the differential.

Back