Who has a 7.3 and experienced the "misfire" plug wire concern or not please leave feedback

Issue or no issue

• Yes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 78.4%

• Total voters
Wasn't my truck, but I test drove a 2021 while I waited for my build. It was a Tremor that was returned after 150 miles and traded for a Diesel XLT. The thing was gutless and was misfiring on one cylinder. The dealership pretended not to know about the problem. I told them to put it on the analyzer and they would find a bad wire. Don't know if they did or not but the truck sold a week later.

Do you know if there is an updated part number for the wires? I saw the TFL guy had one go bad. It also seems like all the aftermarket ones are having issues as well so they must be getting really hot around the manifold. Is it normal to have a metal heat shield around the boot? I havent seen enough of the other ford gas engines to know...

3,600 miles on my 2021. Build date 2-8-21. No troubles so far.

Do you know if there is an updated part number for the wires? I saw the TFL guy had one go bad. It also seems like all the aftermarket ones are having issues as well so they must be getting really hot around the manifold. Is it normal to have a metal heat shield around the boot? I havent seen enough of the other ford gas engines to know...
There are three part #s I've seen. Spoke with parts at a dealership yesterday and they said despite the difference in part # it was the same part (not sure I can believe this, but have no proof otherwise). Just going on the part # they replaced on my truck and the one listed in the motorhome TSB.

What came on the truck from factory and what they replaced with (LC3Z-12286-B):

What's listed as the replacement on the motorhome TSB (LC3Z-12286-C):

Just trying to narrow this issue down, Let me know if you have or have not. Include your year and mileage of truck for your answer also.
Seems to be more of a duty cycle issue. Most of the guys I've seen on here with the problem were towing heavy up long grades. The problem manifested that day or the next.

No problems for my 2021, but most I've towed up a grade is maybe 3000 lbs.

There are three part #s I've seen. Spoke with parts at a dealership yesterday and they said despite the difference in part # it was the same part (not sure I can believe this, but have no proof otherwise). Just going on the part # they replaced on my truck and the one listed in the motorhome TSB.

What came on the truck from factory and what they replaced with (LC3Z-12286-B):

What's listed as the replacement on the motorhome TSB (LC3Z-12286-C):

Maybe Fordguy74656 can get his hands on both the -b and -c and compare and post pics? If the -a are still out there maybe see if there is any difference in them as well.

Seems to be more of a duty cycle issue. Most of the guys I've seen on here with the problem were towing heavy up long grades. The problem manifested that day or the next.

No problems for my 2021, but most I've towed up a grade is maybe 3000 lbs.
Maybe. Doesn't quite match, but in the window perhaps. Towed 10k TT about 100 miles to 9,500 ft elevation on 9/2. Drove back down 100 miles home and then headed up again on Friday. Drove around Saturday no issues. Started it up on Sunday 9/5 first thing and 2 miles from camp light came on with loss of power. So 3 days after towing.

No issues with mine, 2021 with about 11k miles on it. About 5k miles were towing my travel trailer. Mine was built in March 2021.

Back