Who else wants an Ineos?

Jrod250

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points

Boy do I want one

Looks like a Land Rover/G Wagon wannabe!

But it actually might be more reliable than a Land Rover! Most things are!

A friend of mine picked his up last week. He bought the diesel with the trialmaster pack. He bought it after he was involved in a fatal head on accident with a drunk driver in a Landcruiser Troopy wrote off his Y61 diesel Patrol.

He’s setting it up for remote outback travelling. In the very limited time he has had it, he is very happy with it. He briefly looked at getting a 70 Series Landcruiser but reckons the Ineos is a far better deal.

I actually considered buying one before the Tremor back in '22. I saw one at night here in Fort Lauderdale...looks (in real life) like a G-wagon's lights got placed in a newly designed Defender Classic. They're near-identical on cabin cargo space to our Subaru Ascent, so that basically killed it for me. Image below of the specs since they're not posted on the website, lol.

1708525833978.png

I just got done building one online... I have always had a sweet spot for LR Defender 90s, or the 4-door. When I was in the UK I annoyed my wife with all the photos I took of them. lol.

I see you cannot get a diesel or stick. Am I missing something?

I just got done building one online... I have always had a sweet spot for LR Defender 90s, or the 4-door. When I was in the UK I annoyed my wife with all the photos I took of them. lol.

I believe you are correct. No diesel or stick

Living in the wrong country. Move to Oz if you want the diesel. Or Britain, but why would you want to do a silly thing like that. Full of whinging Poms who lose at their national game and drink warm beer.

I saw one of these just a couple weeks ago, did exactly what you fkrs did and ran to build one. Strongly considered it lol. The bmw turbo 6 and ZF should make it a fun car but I do wish it was diesel.

We test drove one at length a few weeks back. While I like the styling and features I left feeling underwhelmed and uncertain. The obvious issues of the unknown are enough to make most move on such as resale value, reliability (it has a BMW motor after all), staying power (very few dealers, some of which have already closed) and parts availability and service. They fell short on the pricing, blowing that number out of the water by $20K or 25%+ from the initial proposed price and honestly it's not worth the sticker price, they are $70K trucks IMHO. But the biggest issue of all are the owners reports of electrical failures and durability issues. I noticed multiple trim pieces missing and/or in the process of falling off/popping out while driving the dealers demo which only had 2,500 miles on it.

I'll give it a few years for the brand and the vehicles to prove their worth and increase the market share before I consider getting serious about one.

While I like the styling and features I left feeling underwhelmed and uncertain.
I think the grill lamps are hideous - but the taillamps are worse. Everything else externally I can work with. Shame to hear the interior was "meh" too. If I could afford to buy and import an actual LR from the UK, I would.

One of the trucks I nabbed a photo of while in Ireland.

View attachment 152021View attachment 152022
That's so badass. I would prefer the Ineos just bc the zf 8speed. We have one in the jeep wrangler (wife's car, the daycare dominator in leu of Mal's Mall Crawler) and Audi (other brands I am sure too) uses them in their high output v8s so I am fine with that plus, wife would go bananas wanting to drive it. I can row my own gears like the rest of you but wouldn't want to deal with my wife learning and doing it (hearing about it).

Last edited:
I'll let those settle into the market for a while and see how they do. Certainly more attractive price point than what it would take to get into a well sorted/restored Defender at this point, but I will need to see some people beating on them and how they perform before I pulled the trigger.

I think the grill lamps are hideous - but the taillamps are worse. Everything else externally I can work with. Shame to hear the interior was "meh" too. If I could afford to buy and import an actual LR from the UK, I would.

I agree in regards to the grille lights, that are awful and they are cheap too. I'll give them a few years and see where they are at in the market, maybe by then they will have some facelift changes and improvements as well.

Back