Whipple Supercharger for 7.3

G

Guest4293

Attachments

• Whipple.jpg
    Whipple.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 247
Pro Charger has kit available for the 7.3. When I was initially looking at 7.3 trucks, back in 2020, I asked the shop that S/C'd my 2015 Mustang about a Whipple for the 7.3 and they said they were working on it. I would have thought it would be out by now. I also read that someone got 1,000HP+ with a TT install on a 7.3. Understand the factory tune is very modest on these trucks.

"We estimate the price at $7,895, but that is subject to change. Our goal is to start taking orders soon with deliveries being in Q2 of 2022. This will be a complete kit that includes everything needed to install along with our PCM recalibration. The kit will be 50-State emissions legal producing over 700hp and is eligible for our option powertrain warranty which cost $650 for 3yr/36k coverage."

"We estimate the price at $7,895, but that is subject to change. Our goal is to start taking orders soon with deliveries being in Q2 of 2022. This will be a complete kit that includes everything needed to install along with our PCM recalibration. The kit will be 50-State emissions legal producing over 700hp and is eligible for our option powertrain warranty which cost $650 for 3yr/36k coverage."
Not getting a powerstroke because it was an $8k option doesn't sound like a bad idea anymore

Not getting a powerstroke because it was an $8k option doesn't sound like a bad idea anymore
<snarkymode> Some of us don't want a front end as heavy as a Kardashian's rear end, we like to have a conversation with the truck idling, and we don't want $10k repair bills in 4 years... this is 50 state legal and 700hp will blow the doors off the 475HP 6.7L that is way, way heavier... That being said, If I got a oil-burner, it would be a cummins... </snarkymode>

That's good they offer a powertrain warranty, I'd be worried about the transmission.

I'm on the waiting list for this to come out. Biggest reason I went 7.3 over PS.

The warranty is only 3 yr/36,000 mile if you have it installed at zero miles otherwise it covers the vehicles first 3 years or 36,000 miles. Also, only valid if installed by authorized installer or a Ford dealership. Also also, it will only cover the engine, transmission, transfercase, and axle for repairs.

Last I spoke with them, on the phone, they said release date of "mid December". That was about Thanksgiving time so I figured they meant December 2021. I'm beginning to think they mean December 2022.

Doesn't the 7.3 and powestroke share the same tranny? You still would be putting down way less torque than the powerstroke.
They are both 10 speeds. They are not the same transmission. There's there's one for the gas motor and a separate one for the Power Stroke.

They are both 10 speeds. They are not the same transmission. There's there's one for the gas motor and a separate one for the Power Stroke.
Is this confirmed?? I'm not so sure. The only difference as I see it would be programming and shift points based on the different engine output acrss the PRM range. Otherwise, the cost of manufacturing and assembly would mitigate profit.

Just a thought.

Is this confirmed?? I'm not so sure. The only difference as I see it would be programming and shift points based on the different engine output acrss the PRM range. Otherwise, the cost of manufacturing and assembly would mitigate profit.

Just a thought.
I’ve often wondered this as well. Someone here will know the answer. I believe they are the same size dimensionally, but are internals the same?

What I have HEARD about the trans difference(and there is a G and a D trans) is that the gas trans is missing 1 clutch and 1 steel per clutch pack and has 4 pinion planetaries vs. 5 pinion.

Supposedly its about 1k in parts plus labor to have the trans rebuilt to diesel spec.

I personally wouldnt be worried to much about the trans holding the power a whipple would put out... but thats me. Especially if Whipple is willing to warranty the engine, trans, transfer case, and axles for 3/36k for 650 bucks... I think the tuner I use in Houston is an authorized whipple dealer...

<snarkymode> Some of us don't want a front end as heavy as a Kardashian's rear end, we like to have a conversation with the truck idling, and we don't want $10k repair bills in 4 years... this is 50 state legal and 700hp will blow the doors off the 475HP 6.7L that is way, way heavier... That being said, If I got a oil-burner, it would be a cummins... </snarkymode>
I wish I'd seen her Kardashian's butt later :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest Discussions

Back