Which Tonneau Cover? Looking for advice

Bronco75

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
FJ Cruiser
I know I want a trifold hard top tonneau but not sure which brand. Definitely wanting one that sits on the bed rails. Considering the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Anyone have any experience with this one or other suggestions?

Have you considered the Peragon? It's not a tri-fold but it is an interesting option - it's what I just ordered after feedback on here. If you're dead-set on the tri-fold then don't bother.

Have you considered the Peragon? It's not a tri-fold but it is an interesting option - it's what I just ordered after feedback on here. If you're dead-set on the tri-fold then don't bother.
Vote here for Peragon. I’ve ran one on my old F150 and had one on my Tremor up until Friday (replaced with a SmartCap). I really like the versatility of it. The fact you can take it out in about 5 minutes helps when you want to use the FULL bed.

I helped my cousin installing one and what a pain it was. My old Retrax was a breeze.

I ran the extang solid fold 2.0 on my F-150 for 5 years. Thing still looks great. Held up well. The seal was always water tight. Highly recommended. .

I enjoy my MX4 Bakflip quite a bit. I even moved it from my old Tremor to my new Tremor. Technically mine is branded TruckGear which is still an MX4 but it’s sprayed at the linex factory with the linex spray in bed liner stuff. This means my bed cover now matches the bed, and it’s more durable while still being light. 😎

the retrax is the nicest one i have seen, the ford rolling hard cover is reprinted retrax. it has t rails so you can mount bed racks if you like for camping supplies

I went with the RetraxOne MX roll-up after long consideration. Pros: super easy to slide open (mine is manual; there is an electric one with remote), will lock open anywhere along the rail, doesn't block rear-view when fully open, more secure than flip-ups. Cons: 11" square storage box takes up a little bed space ( still has 6-8" underneath), not absolutely leak-proof unless you run the drain tubes.(same for flip-ups)

Last edited:
I helped my cousin installing one and what a pain it was. My old Retrax was a breeze.
Hmm. I never thought they were that bad. Retrax must be super easy.

We carry all the major brands of covers, but the first thing to figure out is what style of cover you like.

You have folding, rolling, and retractable covers as the typical options. Folding covers would be like the Bak MX4 where one panel folds on top of each other and then they can be locked up against the back wall of the cab. They're light and easy to remove and a solid price point, the only negative is that when fully open, they will block your visibility out the back window.

Rolling covers would be like the Bak Revolver X4s. It's a soft vinyl covering with hard aluminum panels inside and rolls up when bed access is needed. Pros are that it's low profile. Cons, I've seen some leak issues with them the soft outer shell will wear faster.

Retractable covers would be something like Retrax. Pros, hard and secure cover and no visibility loss. Cons, you lose a little bed space for the canister and they're a more expensive option.

Happy to go over any of the above with you in more detail if you'd like. Please feel free to reach out for any questions or quotes with our forum pricing as well.

I have had the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my Tremor for the last year. I love it and would buy it again. Still looks great and is easy to remove and store when I need the FULL bed.

I have had many different ones and currently have Leer hard fold on both my trucks with no issues at all.

Agree on the rev(ford rebrand of backflip) or the backflip. I love mine, nothing is perfect but impressed with the water resistance in FL. Most rains its completely dry in there. Some heavy rains get in but never in a way that soaks my tool boxes or boots if that makes sense

I needed up going with the Solid Fold 2.0 by Extang. Want something over the rails and easy to remove. So far i have been happy with my purchase.

Agree on the rev(ford rebrand of backflip) or the backflip. I love mine, nothing is perfect but impressed with the water resistance in FL. Most rains its completely dry in there. Some heavy rains get in but never in a way that soaks my tool boxes or boots if that makes sense
Roll & Lock

For anyone in the market, we're offering discounts on all major brands of tonneau covers for the Labor Day weekend holiday. Feel free to send me a PM if we can help get you setup.

Latest Discussions

Back