Which suspension?

dieselwelder

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor Lariat
I’ve been looking into doing suspension and I know that everyone speaks great about Carli but what about the other brands?
I was looking at BDS and Camburg because the price is better and they also come with coilovers too. They use Fox 2.5 shocks so I know those have to be better than the 2.0’s that Carli uses?
I was also looking at Accutune and really liked what they have to offer as well.
I would like something that is good offroad as well as on the highway

I'll bite. What's your spending limit??

Trying not to go passed 5k because other things I got going on, but I’ve seen some that are 5” lift at that price so just curious.

Shocks get tricky, yes it’s a 2.0 fox but it’s custom tuned to Carli spec ( kills me to even remotely say anything good in foxes direction absolutely hate fox) I’d bankrupt myself buying kings first or just off the shelf bilsteins before a gave fox a nickel of my money ever again

That’s crazy are Fox’s really that bad? Seeing them everywhere made me think they were pretty good.
I was thinking about just buying the suspension components and then buying the Kings separate when ever I was able to.
That also brings me to another question now mentioning the Kings, are the other systems from BDS and Camburg and even Accutune just as good compared to the Carli system with the King Shocks?
I’ve watched countless Carli videos and CJC and they do sell the kits really good but I know they are also trying to push their products as well.
Too bad there ain’t more videos on the other brands.

i think coilovers are overall worse in trucks, and i don't believe fox are any better or worse than icons, based off general feedback anyway. from everything i've seen, carli will be better, maybe not enough to justify cost, i guess, but that's a personal decision. maybe your 5k will be able to get a better bds/other kit and get better results over super basic carli stuff, and not having funds to replace other certain parts, like nice sway bar. maybe just marketing, dunno, everyone seems to be relatively happy with whatever they get. so just get what your budget allows. i'm sure you'd be plenty happy with bds even if it is worse. and who knows, maybe it's not.

That’s crazy are Fox’s really that bad? Seeing them everywhere made me think they were pretty good.
I was thinking about just buying the suspension components and then buying the Kings separate when ever I was able to.
That also brings me to another question now mentioning the Kings, are the other systems from BDS and Camburg and even Accutune just as good compared to the Carli system with the King Shocks?
I’ve watched countless Carli videos and CJC and they do sell the kits really good but I know they are also trying to push their products as well.
Too bad there ain’t more videos on the other brands.
In all honesty I just have a huge grudge with fox that I’ll never let go they f¥cked me over twice, customer service/warranty department is so bad might as well be nonexistent. I know nothing about camburg or accutune, if it came down to BDS or Carli I’d probably go Carli I’d have to research the other 2, just in a quick search liking camburg because they offer king and bilstein options only thing I don’t like is only see a track bar drop bracket no adjustable track bar offered

If you are wanting to stay under 5k- your options are pretty limited..
I just got a carli commuter level with no rear springs and 37s on 17" tires and it set me back $6500 and I did the install myself..

I went with BDS and love it. Ride quality improved. Level out the truck well, has held up for the last 15k miles too. I didn’t do the steering stabilizer either and haven’t had one problem.

I went with BDS and love it. Ride quality improved. Level out the truck well, has held up for the last 15k miles too. I didn’t do the steering stabilizer either and haven’t had one problem.
Hey what kind of shocks did you use and what type of driving do you do?

Hey what kind of shocks did you use and what type of driving do you do?
So I went with the 3 in level with new radius arms. I was 2600 with install. So i kind of do everything driving. Highway, in city, washboard gravel, towing bumper pulls and goosenecks, and since I am in Utah and Idaho it’s a lot of snow and ice. Basically everything but sand and Moab.

I did not do the fox brand ones since bds is now owned by fox I opted for the bds brand shocks. Same shock different name.

I did the Icon electronic variable value shocks front and back on my. Nice to be able to control the shocks from my phone when towing or off road.

If you get them, don’t forget to order the control module.

So I went with the 3 in level with new radius arms. I was 2600 with install. So i kind of do everything driving. Highway, in city, washboard gravel, towing bumper pulls and goosenecks, and since I am in Utah and Idaho it’s a lot of snow and ice. Basically everything but sand and Moab.

I did not do the fox brand ones since bds is now owned by fox I opted for the bds brand shocks. Same shock different name.
Thanks it’s nice to actually hear about real world results!

I did the Icon electronic variable value shocks front and back on my. Nice to be able to control the shocks from my phone when towing or off road.

I’ll totally check those out, how do they ride?

Last edited:
I had the BDS Fox 2.5 coil overs on my 2017, while the ride wasn't bad I wouldn't do coil overs again. Carli and One Up Offroad seem to be the best by consensus. Carli for a Ford, Thuren or Carli for a RAM, dumpster set on fire for a GM.

I highly recommend One Up Offroad. Dave makes the best driving super duty suspension on the market. The Carli e-venture may be the only thing that rides nicer, but nothing steers better. His steady track system is patented and is a night and day difference to all other steering systems (I’ve driven stock, BDS, Carli, Readylift, PMF). It’s not cheap, but it’s the epitome of buy once cry once. His 2.0 radflo shocks will ride as nicely as possible with a super duty, other than electronic valves shocks like the e-venture. Call Dave directly and he will help you out together a kit that’s in budget and right for your driving patterns. His most common kits are 2.5-4.5” (adjustable) and 7-9”

Attachments

• IMG_6340.jpeg
    IMG_6340.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6351.jpeg
    IMG_6351.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6349.jpeg
    IMG_6349.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 81
I highly recommend One Up Offroad. Dave makes the best driving super duty suspension on the market. The Carli e-venture may be the only thing that rides nicer, but nothing steers better. His steady track system is patented and is a night and day difference to all other steering systems (I’ve driven stock, BDS, Carli, Readylift, PMF). It’s not cheap, but it’s the epitome of buy once cry once. His 2.0 radflo shocks will ride as nicely as possible with a super duty, other than electronic valves shocks like the e-venture. Call Dave directly and he will help you out together a kit that’s in budget and right for your driving patterns. His most common kits are 2.5-4.5” (adjustable) and 7-9”
I need help understanding the steering thing. I haven’t ran into any problems with steering with my level but I see steering stabilizers on everything. What are people running into?

Did they or do they have a version of that is not coilover? I remember seeing a video from Icon highlighting their electronic shocks on a Tremor, but they were not coilover.

Back