Which OBD adaptor should I buy?

coachhomer

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Hi all, I am new to using FORSCAN. I have downloaded and registered the software but I am seeing where I should purchase an adapter with a switch on it? The one I ordered off Amazon said it was specifically for FORSCAN and had great reviews but I am guessing I will be limited on which modules I can see? Any help is greatly appreciated!

C

Hi all, I am new to using FORSCAN. I have downloaded and registered the software but I am seeing where I should purchase an adapter with a switch on it? The one I ordered off Amazon said it was specifically for FORSCAN and had great reviews but I am guessing I will be limited on which modules I can see? Any help is greatly appreciated!

C
i have a super cheap $10 bluetooth one i use for my phone mainly and it worked great with forscan and doesn't have a switch on it but it worked on forscan i updated my software last night and now forscan doesn't work for me at all .... it keeps crashing and have a error message pop up....

this is the one i have ... but i have had it for 4 years now

i have a super cheap $10 bluetooth one i use for my phone mainly and it worked great with forscan and doesn't have a switch on it but it worked on forscan i updated my software last night and now forscan doesn't work for me at all .... it keeps crashing and have a error message pop up....

this is the one i have ... but i have had it for 4 years now

Are you making config changes with that one? I just got a cheap usb one with the switch and it works fine.

Are you making config changes with that one? I just got a cheap usb one with the switch and it works fine.
Yes, i have made changes on my 2012 F150 and my 2018 Ford Edge ... but now having software issues with Forscan on Windows but i use the reader at work alot to ready CEL... but i changed to the GT350 screen on the Radio and heated steering wheel on the Edge

I just picked this one up from Amazon for $18. It arrived on Saturday and I used it yesterday with no issues at all.

FORScan OBD2 Adapter, VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig ELM327 modified For all Windows compatible with Ford Cars F150 F250 and Light Pickup Truck Scan Tool, Code Reader MS-CAN HS-CAN Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N18TOFB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zePoFbA1GDN9A

I just picked this one up from Amazon for $18. It arrived on Saturday and I used it yesterday with no issues at all.

FORScan OBD2 Adapter, VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig ELM327 modified For all Windows compatible with Ford Cars F150 F250 and Light Pickup Truck Scan Tool, Code Reader MS-CAN HS-CAN Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N18TOFB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zePoFbA1GDN9A

I ordered one of these and the USB plug with any movement causes it to disconnect. Had to push sideways on the plug to keep the light on. It's going back tomorrow. Saw where there were others with sent with USB plug loose when connected. Thought it would be really bad to disconnect while using.

Yes, i have made changes on my 2012 F150 and my 2018 Ford Edge ... but now having software issues with Forscan on Windows but i use the reader at work alot to ready CEL... but i changed to the GT350 screen on the Radio and heated steering wheel on the Edge
Are you able to change your tire size in the computer for a correct speedometer reading? I when from stock on my Tremor to a 37.5 and my speedometer is off by 4 mph.

Are you able to change your tire size in the computer for a correct speedometer reading? I when from stock on my Tremor to a 37.5 and my speedometer is off by 4 mph.
yes you can with forscan

Do these inexpensive OBDII tools allow deeper diagnostics than the basic codes? I'm trying to figure out if my adaptive cruise module is sending a signal or not.

I have a cheap one from Amazon. Ive used it several times, no issues

C
I purchased the OBD link EX
Recommended by FORScan. It has the HScan/LScan switch built in and does it automatically. Picks up all modules. Highly recommend this one, and not a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi one if you’re writing changes to modules, as the chances of lost packets of information is vertically nonexistent.

I second the above post. Buy the recommended OBD reader and avoid Bluetooth. It’s not an issue till it is one, and causing issues in your trucks computer system is not a fun thing

I third the OBD link EX, Its what I use most of the time.
I also keep OBD Link MX+ in the truck just because I don't always have my laptop and it's easy enough to use with the forscan lite app or torque pro for non ford vehicles.

Back