Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
‘21 Tremor Lariat
Current Ride #2
'21 Expedition Limited
First Responder
ER Doc
So I didn’t add the wheel well liners on my build and now that I’m driving it I’m beginning to wonder if this was a mistake. Especially in the back, the body color wheel well bothers me. Has anyone added them on later? Is it worth it to do?
Thanks

So I didn’t add the wheel well liners on my build and now that I’m driving it I’m beginning to wonder if this was a mistake. Especially in the back, the body color wheel well bothers me. Has anyone added them on later? Is it worth it to do?
Thanks
I bought them for front and back. I put the rear ones on. The instructions are terrible but its super easy so it still went well and I am happy with them.

As for the front...I went to put them on and it appears that nothing lines up. They screw on in one spot and then have notches for existing screws but the notches are way off. I tried to find a video on it to see what I was missing but I haven't found any. I don't think the fronts are a popular add so no one has done a video yet. I haven't bothered to try to look at it again.

I would definitely do the rear. They are easy to install and look great and will make it easier to clean.

Thanks
My package came with the rear liners, but I knew I definitely wanted the fronts so I used some of my my FordPass points to get them for free. I didn’t think to make a video but the installation wasn’t terrible. The directions that come with them suck, but if you have any form mechanical ability and/or some form of ability to use logic, it’s not overly complicated. The tabs will line up with the screws on the flares. It takes a little bit of twisting, pulling, and pushing, but they will fit and quite snugly at that. I’m very satisfied with them. I have a few pictures on my build thread.

Added all (4) after the fact, had them added into the We Owe you deal as well as spray in rhino bed liner and mud flaps. I went with Ford OEM liner, install was fairly easy. Naturally your dealer can order the exact part# for wheel well liners.

Last edited:
Came with rears. Added the fronts. Install was easy, as mentioned instructions aren't great, but it's straight forward. Took me maybe an hour to do both while also detailing in there.
Just did about 5k mile trip and looking at how the liners look I am glad I installed them and that all that nastyness isn't in the cloth liner.

Came with rears. Added the fronts. Install was easy, as mentioned instructions aren't great, but it's straight forward. Took me maybe an hour to do both while also detailing in there.
Just did about 5k mile trip and looking at how the liners look I am glad I installed them and that all that nastyness isn't in the cloth liner.
Wise move! ?????? much easier to clean.

Can you post a pic of the front now that it’s installed?

I installed the rears yesterday! Super easy and well worth it! Took less than 5 mins per side.
3EA5D676-7444-49D9-9C20-290267F72929.jpeg

I put the Husky rear ones on my F150. They were real easy to install, and were less expensive than the Ford ones. I'll get the rear ones from the factory when I order my SD since they'll come with the package. I'll have to buy the front ones aftermarket and install them.

I bought them for front and back. I put the rear ones on. The instructions are terrible but its super easy so it still went well and I am happy with them.

As for the front...I went to put them on and it appears that nothing lines up. They screw on in one spot and then have notches for existing screws but the notches are way off. I tried to find a video on it to see what I was missing but I haven't found any. I don't think the fronts are a popular add so no one has done a video yet. I haven't bothered to try to look at it again.

I would definitely do the rear. They are easy to install and look great and will make it easier to clean.
After seeing some other posts here, I went out and held them up again. I don't know what I was smoking before or maybe I tried the wrong side or something because everything lines up perfectly. I will probably put them in this week. Its just four screws along the edge and one in front then clips after it's in.

After seeing some other posts here, I went out and held them up again. I don't know what I was smoking before or maybe I tried the wrong side or something because everything lines up perfectly. I will probably put them in this week. Its just four screws along the edge and one in front then clips after it's in.
Amazing how that happens sometimes isn't it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad to hear you got it ready to go.

Interestingly enough, when I tried to add the front liners to my build, it wanted to remove the Lariat Black Appearance Package. Anyone know why that is? Mine's now coming without the front liners, but I'd like to add them if possible.
The online builder wouldn’t add them to mine either. Dealer put them in before I picked it up.

This was my 3rd mod behind chucking the front plate holder and tossing in husky liners. I too am dumbfounded why this was not a viable option during the build. At first because of the fender flares I did not see where the screws that held the fabric liner on but when getting my head in there with a headlamp on, there they were. Having the Factory front flaps, there was a few more screws to remove but no big deal. Passenger side had some excess fabric liner in the area that took a clip. This made the clips more difficult to install but for now they are holding. I will likely revisit the install and trim a little of the excess away with a pocket knife and reinstall the clips. I can do a write up if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• C0C02F40-9ADF-463E-BAC7-442CC8A6CC7F.jpeg
    C0C02F40-9ADF-463E-BAC7-442CC8A6CC7F.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 87
Front & Rear Wheel well liners was $325 as a Ford option ($204 for Husky liners). Splash guards (mud flaps) were $130 front & rear, ($68 for Husky brand but not seeing them available 'with' fender flares, if that matters). So it could be ~$170 cheaper to do these two mods yourself. Me?, not worth it and I just ordered the options.

It appears your truck has OEM Power Running Boards or AMPS? If OEM, what did you do to cover the chrome? I have been thinking about options to eliminate the chrome. 1. Wrap...but that area is exposed to damage from road debris. 2. Paint body color and cover with PPF. 3. Have the chrome sprayed with Linex.

Thanks
Just order a black truck! lol

If you live in the rust belt or the NE, it's a must have for the winters, especially if you are keeping the truck longer than a cup of coffee. That much more protection from corrosion. The tires that usually inhabit these trucks tend to grab and throw rocks. Liners help stone damage a lot. Mud? It helps.
Plus I think it is a cleaner look, especially in the rear.

Back