Wheel off center on some roads at higher speed, normal?

If there's no pull then you simply need to straighten the wheel by adjusting the drag link which is very simple to do. If you've never adjusted one before, there are plenty of videos on YouTube that shows you how. Will take less than 5 min.
Guess I may check this out this weekend. I can probably make this work. It’s not much of an adjustment so probably save myself the hassle of dealing with dealer.

is making the truck a tad bit more sensitive to road crown
On some roads around here I notice that my truck will need a bit of input to go straight. I have determined that there is just enough crown combined with the surface (usually concrete) that requires adjustment. Maybe the tire compound and/or pressure I run also has something to do with it... Next time I notice it I may adjust pressure and re-drive and see if anything changes. Most roads, regardless of surface, it tracks straight as an arrow...

Maybe it had to do with altering the geometry?
I think it’s just that. The unintended consequences of an aftermarket suspension.

So CJC said that the truck should be aligned without the steering stabilizers installed. Once the alignment is completed the stabilizers get installed and pressures adjusted for tire pull.

I asked if road crown would affect the steering wheel offset more with the Carli parts and was told "no."

The advice given to me was to bring the truck back to the shop and go through the above process again because its sounds like if the alignment was performed with the steering stabilizers installed it could be off.
How are you doing with this? Ever find an answer or let it go?

Does anyone know the torque specs on the drag link adjustment bolts? I feel like my wheel is pretty consistently at the 12:30 position. I will probably mess with that drag link adjustment this weekend after watching how easy of a fix it is.

Does anyone know the torque specs on the drag link adjustment bolts? I feel like my wheel is pretty consistently at the 12:30 position. I will probably mess with that drag link adjustment this weekend after watching how easy of a fix it is.

I’m in the same boat, gotta adjust it today. Torque numbers, anyone?

I dont know the exact specs, but it’s not much , if i had to guess i’d say no more than 15-20 pound feet. I did it so many times not once have the bolts loosened.

Thx for the info, super easy to adjust, three bolts, a few minutes time. You guys keep feeding me easy fixes that I can avoid mechanics with, I’ll start thinking I’m better than I am and wind up wrecking something! 🤣

How are you doing with this? Ever find an answer or let it go?
I brought the truck back to the installer after 1000 miles had been put on the new lift for their complimentary re-torque. They said it was normal for everything to 'settle' and sometimes, like in my case the steering wheel was off center. They adjusted the steering wheel and everything has been peaches and cream. Hopefully that is all you have going on.

Latest Discussions

Back