Wheel locks

TheForce02

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I just picked up my truck the other day and wondering if anybody has a suggestion for wheel locks. Maybe one has a specific security design or some do/don’t fit our wheels.

I just picked up my truck the other day and wondering if anybody has a suggestion for wheel locks. Maybe one has a specific security design or some do/don’t fit our wheels.
I would check with Ford parts, or a local reputable tire shop. Honestly most wheel locks can be defeated. Your full size spare is at higher risk as the thief only needs cut the chain holding it up. Best thing is great insurance and watch where you park. Hope this helps Brother! ??????

i have lug nuts that require a specials tool to remove the lug nuts

Gorilla Guard with the spinning outer sleeve are about the best on the market - they can still be removed without a tool, but the design makes it much more difficult. Forget about the Mcgard type locks, they are way too easy to remove.

I don't use them at all, they just get in my way with maintenance
I have good insurance and use as much "situational awareness" as I can. Plus "Mr. Colt" is on the case or "Dr. Sig".

I would check with Ford parts, or a local reputable tire shop. Honestly most wheel locks can be defeated. Your full size spare is at higher risk as the thief only needs cut the chain holding it up. Best thing is great insurance and watch where you park. Hope this helps Brother! ??????
I just was at the Ford Dealer yesterday, the parts mgr said Ford doesn't make any & he couldn't find any aftermarket. The day before I was in there to drop the truck off for service and told him they were available from the factory as an option when I ordered it. When I picked the truck up yesterday & went & asked about them, he said he tried to "build" a Tremor online to possible get the part #, and when he added the wheel locks, it deleted the Tremor package! yeesh!

i have lug nuts that require a specials tool to remove the lug nuts
Do tell, brand, part number? As someone mentioned "insurance", yep, got it, but I take this to some fairly remote places to hiking trailheads, or on hunts. I'd really rather not have to walk out 10 miles to call a tow truck. Nothing's perfect, but would these you have slow the thieves down / deter them?

Do tell, brand, part number? As someone mentioned "insurance", yep, got it, but I take this to some fairly remote places to hiking trailheads, or on hunts. I'd really rather not have to walk out 10 miles to call a tow truck. Nothing's perfect, but would these you have slow the thieves down / deter them?
Just thunk of something, you probably don't have the factory aluminum wheels, do you? Called Gorilla in Buena Park, CA, they said they don't make any for these wheels.

i agree i drive to Baltimore not the best place to be but has to work

i forget the lug nut size but these are the brands

i agree i drive to Baltimore not the best place to be but has to work

i forget the lug nut size but these are the brands
Those appear to have a conical shape where it would go "into" the wheel. My lug nuts are flat, with an attached flat washer that mates to the outside surface of the rim, not into it (explained the best I can). Is it possible you have different wheels than what came on my 2021?

Thanks GaryDE, I called these folks, the gal looked them up against my vin, and says they will fit. The picture online isn't clear as to how they mate to the wheel. Mine are flat, these appear to be conical shaped, but we'll see when they get here. No-risk ordering, as long as you give them your vin to verify by. pretty cool, thanks again.

Ford has them. They came with my truck.
From your pic, you appear to have the same wheels I do. Have you taken a wheel / lug nut off yet? Curious if they're conical or flat where they mate to the wheel

From your pic, you appear to have the same wheels I do. Have you taken a wheel / lug nut off yet? Curious if they're conical or flat where they mate to the wheel
I have not taken one off yet. Here are a couple of pics that may help you out. The way the packaging is shaped, I would think they are flat. The originals look flat to me.
D2D31D0C-A6D7-412E-9EFD-0B109430EC48.jpeg
718F065F-067A-42F8-971F-007AF01C25DA.jpeg

Thanks GaryDE, I called these folks, the gal looked them up against my vin, and says they will fit. The picture online isn't clear as to how they mate to the wheel. Mine are flat, these appear to be conical shaped, but we'll see when they get here. No-risk ordering, as long as you give them your vin to verify by. pretty cool, thanks again.
They are flat, just like the originals. I have them on and wheels haven't fallen off yet. LOL.

They are flat, just like the originals. I have them on and wheels haven't fallen off yet. LOL.
That's also the same part number as the ones I ordered, really appreciate everybody's help, thanks! And thanks a bunch for checking, I hope they stay on ;)

Back