What Tonneau Cover is everyone using? Pros/cons

cjhuels

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Sport
I was thinking of going with Peragon because it folds up tight against the front so the camera is still functional without fully removing the cover, and it is lockable. What is everyone else using?

I have a Diamondback HD on order (black w/out the diamond plating). It seems to be the most heavy duty, and has a 1600 lb load capacity. It flips up in the front and back. The main downside is it doesn’t roll up or fold up like other covers, however it is load bearing with tie down points, which is a huge benefit.

Also locks and seems really secure.

I have a Diamondback HD on order (black w/out the diamond plating). It seems to be the most heavy duty, and has a 1600 lb load capacity. It flips up in the front and back. The main downside is it doesn’t roll up or fold up like other covers, however it is load bearing with tie down points, which is a huge benefit.

Also locks and seems really secure.

I really like the diamondback cover, but I haul a gooseneck trailer a lot in the summer. I would like to find something like that which is versatile enough that I don’t have to completely remove the top

BakFlip MX4. Perfect in every way, EXCEPT if you need a rack system above the cover. The panels will hit the uprights ( and maybe horizontal bars depending on height) of most racks.

Building my own to accommodate.

Ed

I've been researching different bed cover setups that will allow a rack and the closest I've come in the Yakima OverHaul HD & RetraxPRO XR Truck Bed Cover & Rack System

It's not a cheap setup, and I'm really not sure how much weight the rack can could support. Here's a photo of the same setup on a Tremor someone posted on Facebook.

tremor-overland-rack-bed-cover.jpg

The Diamondback Cover is another one I'm considering.

Last edited:
2nd for Bakflip MX4. Love it, 5yr warranty and very durable.

BakFlip MX4. Perfect in every way, EXCEPT if you need a rack system above the cover. The panels will hit the uprights ( and maybe horizontal bars depending on height) of most racks.

Building my own to accommodate.

Ed
Thank you! When the cover is open can you still use the camera with the view of the bed?

I really like the diamondback cover, but I haul a gooseneck trailer a lot in the summer. I would like to find something like that which is versatile enough that I don’t have to completely remove the top
A few of us the Retrax Pro. Aluminum roll-up, really designed for 5th wheel and goosenecks. Very secure and can position to any location In The bed to allow hitching.

They aren’t cheap, but very happy. My back-flip lasted 9 years, barely and had all of the clips,bolts etc all fall out or break. I like this design a lot better.
The day mine was installed, there was a 20% off sale, so be on the look out. Too bad the distributor won’t honor the discount!

I've been researching different bed cover setups that will allow a rack and the closest I've come in the Yakima OverHaul HD & RetraxPRO XR Truck Bed Cover & Rack System

It's not a cheap setup, and I'm really not sure how much weight the rack can could support. Here's a photo of the same setup on a Tremor someone posted on Facebook.

View attachment 2907

The Diamondback Cover is another one I'm considering.
This is what I did. Awesome setup. Not cheap but very well built. I’ve had roll n lock before. Retrax is better.
C

Thank you! When the cover is open can you still use the camera with the view of the bed?
Yes I can. It works great for everything except a roof top tent setup with standard aftermarket racks, because they are too low and narrow. It's almost perfect, but that isn't easy. The Bakflip is super strong, but is a bad dimension. for racks that match the cab body lines and are lower than the cab. My neighbor's undisciplined 4 year old has destroyed his Tundra's roll top cover, and my BakFlip is still standing strong, but his would make the RTT rack easier.

Ed

Those of you with the Retrax, could you measure how much bed space is lost at the bedrail level due to the can? I have to fit dirt bikes in the back and not sure I can fit them in.

Also, could I put two dirt bike from tires against the can and tie them down securely? Will the pressure bend or damage the can?

Those of you with the Retrax, could you measure how much bed space is lost at the bedrail level due to the can? I have to fit dirt bikes in the back and not sure I can fit them in.

Also, could I put two dirt bike from tires against the can and tie them down securely? Will the pressure bend or damage the can?

@Dsimons - Might be able to answer this.

ff27da73-97c6-414f-832e-70edd2c54885-jpeg.606

He had posted a couple of photos in this thread:

Last edited:
Lomax folding hardcover. Great cover, easy install, good looking, easy operation and quick and easy to remove and put back on. It has an insulation layer so it keeps a fair surprising amount of the west Texas heat off of any cargo. one small issue is the front gasket cant quite conform at the intersection of the front edge of the bed and the sides and leaves a small gap.

Attachments

• 0713200733_HDR.jpg
    0713200733_HDR.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 0713200733.jpg
    0713200733.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 273
I just have the factory one. Its good enough. and it folds up against the window if you need the entire bed, ( haul a motorcycle).

I've owned several over the years. I have a RetraxPRO XR sitting in the garage to be installed when my Tremor is built. Like others said, not inexpensive, but the quality is there and I can install an Yakima HD rack if I want.

Diamondback here. Love it. Doesn't address the 5th wheel issue though

BakFlip MX4

I had one on my 2015 F350 for 3 years, and have a new one on my Tremor.
They work very well!

I was thinking of going with Peragon because it folds up tight against the front so the camera is still functional without fully removing the cover, and it is lockable. What is everyone else using?
I’m using the Ford vinyl roll up, the work remarkably well for what they are. I tow a gooseneck all the time so I need something easily stowed.

Back