WHAT TO CHECK WHEN YOU GO TO PICK UP YOUR NEW TREMOR

I was at the dealership with in a few hours to look at it. there is now scratch,crinkle, or dent on the outside of the door or the inside were you can see the paint. Sales manager said that ford is having problems with some aluminum parts being warped in plat during stamping and quality control is not catching it. Just like the wiper arm. He said it's the 3rd one in six months between f150 and the 250 bent but not as bad as mine was.
WOW

If i was in charge of that I think I would be up somebodies ass......................

I know it don't look bad in pic. But almost everyone that I've showed my truck to has spotted it with out me saying anything. There like your door needs adjusted but the entire door has the right gap and depth except it starts bowing in from the bottom of black piece to the top around the window

I know it don't look bad in pic. But almost everyone that I've showed my truck to has spotted it with out me saying anything. There like your door needs adjusted but the entire door has the right gap and depth except it starts bowing in from the bottom of black piece to the top around the window
And just that corner that next to the driver door

Great list! I'll be adding one more important thing for me: The first thing I am going to check is the Tire and Loading Information sticker to check the combined weight capacity. The dealer tells me they were able to change my order to remove the 10K de-rate option from the build. I'm shocked they were successful because a VIN had already been created. That sticker will tell the whole story. Thank God I started reading this forum or I would have missed that mistake!!! The last vehicle I ordered new was my last truck - a silver 2002 F150 SuperCrew FX4. I waited 8 weeks for it to come in, and I didn't even look at it for 30 seconds before signing papers. 2 days later I discovered a booger was baked into the paint right in the middle of the hood about 2" up from the grill. It was even kind of sharp to the touch when you ran your finger over it. When I took it back to bitch, they offered to fix it, but warned that spot could fade differently than the rest of the hood over time. And of course they would need the truck for a week or so. Instead, I accepted a free bug shield (which was ugly) to help hide the blemish. I took the bug shield off after a couple years because I hated it. That dang blemish bothered me until the day I sold the truck a couple months ago. I promised myself I'd never let that happen again!

So if you spend 8 hours a day putting wipers on at the factory how would you not catch that unless you were busy making googly eyes at the hottie on the other side of the truck? And how in the world could that door make it past QC?

So if you spend 8 hours a day putting wipers on at the factory how would you not catch that unless you were busy making googly eyes at the hottie on the other side of the truck? And how in the world could that door make it past QC?
Damn good question

I would like to know. Because my truck has the made in kentucky sticker on the windshield and the wiper is higher than the sticker. My wife is short and said it's right in her eye sight when we drove it.

We pickedup our '18 Volvo in Sweden and got the factory tour
AFTER we handed over our cell phones! Anyway, one of the remarkable things I learned, other than that the Swedish Bikini Team looks HOT in coveralls, is that everybody on the assembly line switches jobs roughly every 90 minutes so that they don't get bored and so they can enjoy somebody else's company. They also then learn how to build the whole vehicle themself! Pretty amazing if you ask me.

I know from my military experience that units perform based on their "leaders" abilities to lead and execute. Good units have good leaders. They take responsibility for the shit (results) their people produce. But unit's performance (factories) change with the personnel inside them and the people running them.

Maybe it was covid, but maybe it was a new manager.....but if I were King....that shit wouldn't fly on my watch.............

Roger that, davidb1841, and bugger those unions who do all they can to obstruct any leadership. Pardon me for bringing politics into this. In Germany the auto unions work WITH management for everyone's benefit. It shows in their cars.

Roger that, davidb1841, and bugger those unions who do all they can to obstruct any leadership. Pardon me for bringing politics into this.
I am sure that is a factor.....UPS drivers are Teamsters....but if you don't perform or don't show up -- your axed!

As always Ironman, great info, great post. I had my wiper fluid line diconnected on driver side, so check that and make sure they topped off with fluid. Overall, they did a shitty job with detailing of truck, so I made them re do it. Tires were all different pressures, all wrong. You are dropping a lot of coin for one of these beasts, and probably have waited some time to get it. Dont feel guilty about making them do their job, you are the customer, they didnt hesitate to take your money.
Great add my man. I didn't check fluids. Go figure. Checked just about everything else but forgot some important shit especially Oil. ? ? ? ???:cool:

Nice list! Will definitely use this when I pick mine up! Especially the winch. The salesman says it will be installed at the factory which tells me they have never done one. I expect he is in for a surprise! I’ll craft up an email listing the issues others have experienced with the winch install and send it to him before the truck arrives. Got my VIN today-so won’t be much longer.

I received my VIN today! Now hopefully the window sticker and then delivery soon. Great list Iron Man! I have gone over your list and read all of the other posts to add some of the other excellent points made. I too have added a couple of things to the list such as check TREMOR DECAL for being level as I have heard some stories of that not being level, undercarriage spare tire to match, and wireless charger operational.

My approach was a little different. Yours is undoubtedly much more responsible. But mine might is a little easier. I flew from home to the airport in Dallas. The awesome salesman had a couple guys drive it to the airport with a chase car. I walked around it a few times admiring how pretty it was. Opened the door and smelled that intoxicating new truck smell that I hadn’t smelled since 2010. Drink on fumes I signed a few pieces of paper, wrote a check and drove off. After about 10 miles I let a little air out of the tires and made the 500 mile drive home. 14,000 miles later since September all over the intermountain west hunting my butt off I’ve had one issue that I could have caught with closer inspection. Part of the plastic around the instrument cluster wasn’t attached properly and was loose. The dealer I went to fixed it first time I went in for service.

Damn I really like this truck. The quality is very satisfying. I’m glad I have had none of the issues that I’ve read about.

Picking her up tomorrow and bringing along the Donny Detail list Along with the extra add on ideas. Thanks all. Avoid the lemon, don’t wanna make lemonade wanna drive
Good luck my man. Try to get a pic of you at the dealer. This is something you will want for your grandkids. Or great grandkids. Try to act cool ? It will be hard with that school boy grin you will have plastered on your face. I’m so excited for you. GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BEAST.
??????????

Back