• Motul

• Other(please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
Coming on 15k miles. My first change was just before 5k miles. I would like to go full synthetic for the rest of its life. Just trying to figure out which brand of 5w30 for my 7.3.

Honestly I don’t stray beyond Mobil 1 synthetic. Unless it’s for my stroker with a flat tippet cam , needs joe Gibbs hot rod oil with extra zinc.

Pennzoil Platinum gets used across all my vehicles. And the Ultra Platinum in my Mustang, mainly because I caught a deal on it in the weird 5w-20 that Ford recommends for that car.

Coming on 15k miles. My first change was just before 5k miles. I would like to go full synthetic for the rest of its life. Just trying to figure out which brand of 5w30 for my 7.3.
Was thinking about trying Mobil1 Truck and SUV Synthetic 5W30 or Fords Synthetic

5w40 t6 Shell Rotella with archoil friction modifier

Does Ford have a full synthetic?
yes ford uses 5w40 Motorcraft full syn.....and I have heard it is really Mobile1 but don't quote me...by the way 5w40 is the severe duty weight Ford recommends....in the heat of summer I ran 15W40 Rotella T6 full syn and I am referencing 6.7 motors....sorry I keep forgetting the 7.3......of which I am highly un knowledgeable

yes ford uses 5w40 Motorcraft full syn.....and I have heard it is really Mobile1 but don't quote me...by the way 5w40 is the severe duty weight Ford recommends....in the heat of summer I ran 15W40 Rotella T6 full syn and I am referencing 6.7 motors....sorry I keep forgetting the 7.3......of which I am highly un knowledgeable
I thought Ford recommended oil was 5w30 synthetic blend.

Go to Bobistheoilguy.com

Lots of knowledge and education there.

Bottom line, today's oils are going to perform well. But some are objectively better than others. You may not know or see those differences until many miles or extreme conditions present themselves.

Amsoil has consistently placed itself at the top of performance in ASTM standardized testing.

However, Amsoil can be expensive and for some difficult to get. Schaffer's 9000, Pennzoil ultra platinum and Redline are close seconds.

Now, will someone start a Ram vs Chevy war? Or Titleist vs Callaway? Coke vs Pepsi?

Oh by the way, Amsoil also makes the best oil filters. ?

5w40 t6 Shell Rotella with archoil friction modifier
The t6 is a good oil, no question. "Archoil friction modifier"?
You bought the marketing hype. There's nothing that special about the oil.

Bottom line folks, use the oil that makes you sleep better at night. Most of the brands you'll never tell the difference between them. But if you are looking for the top oils that have undergone significant lab testing, I provided the cheatsheet above. (Full disclosure.... I run Mobil 1 in my Audi and wife's diesel Mercedes. I run Schaffer's in my Cummins)

I’m all about Mobil 1. Been using it 24 years and never had an issue. Goes in everything- cars, trucks, snow blower, lawn mower, and go karts.

Costco now has full synthetic in their Kirkland Signature brand. It meets all of Ford's requirements. I have purchased it for as low as $21.95 for the the 5 quart 2 pack when it is on rebate. I believe it normally sells for $27.95. That and a Fumoto oil drain valve is what I run.

Wrong image
1616227662773.jpeg

Go to Bobistheoilguy.com

Lots of knowledge and education there.

Bottom line, today's oils are going to perform well. But some are objectively better than others. You may not know or see those differences until many miles or extreme conditions present themselves.

Amsoil has consistently placed itself at the top of performance in ASTM standardized testing.

However, Amsoil can be expensive and for some difficult to get. Schaffer's 9000, Pennzoil ultra platinum and Redline are close seconds.

Now, will someone start a Ram vs Chevy war? Or Titleist vs Callaway? Coke vs Pepsi?

Oh by the way, Amsoil also makes the best oil filters. ?
Looks like Redline for the win. Thanks!

Back