What made you choose the Tremor over other options?

ClaymoreRoomba

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
I’m new to the diesel world, I currently just own a half ton but I’ve been looking a lot at 3/4 and 1 ton trucks just for the hell of it. I’m sure everyone’s heard their fair share of ‘fOuNd oN rOaD dEaD’ and “power joke” comments coming from fanboys of other companies, are the ford diesels really that bad?
Also anyone have the 7.3 Godzilla? That seems like a cool engine.

I’m new to the diesel world, I currently just own a half ton but I’ve been looking a lot at 3/4 and 1 ton trucks just for the hell of it. I’m sure everyone’s heard their fair share of ‘fOuNd oN rOaD dEaD’ and “power joke” comments coming from fanboys of other companies, are the ford diesels really that bad?
Anyone here will tell you, 7.3 is the way to go. Godzilla isn't called the KING for nothing.

I preferred the Ford F250 over the Chevy/GMC as far as newer trucks go for looks and engine choice. I also really liked the Tremor as it looked like an already lifted truck with everything done. Without modding the truck it already sits higher than lifted modded trucks. I liked the Lariat price point without Tremor with leather and whatnot and the 7.3 but the Tremor just seemed much more awesome and attractive to me; less of them around as well. No need for diesel truck for me, Godzilla is sufficient.?

My experience with Ford Diesels is with the 2001 7.3l Powerstroke. A flawless engine through the nearly 300k miles I had it. Literally replaced the brake pads a couple of times, the belt every 75k, one starter, and oil and all filters on a 5k interval. The only big expense was a replacement transmission and torque converter at 185k (it didn't even leave me stranded - I only lost overdrive 4.5 hours from home and decided to drive it back - it made it). I also had a recall for the cam position sensor that the dealer replaced and that is it.

Everything else in the truck had come from the factory when I traded it in last December on the Tremor (including anti-freeze and hoses). My only issues with the truck was the drivers power window got slow to roll down, and needed a nudge with my hand in cold weather, and the last year or so, a spot on the hood started to have the paint flake off. Not bad for sitting outside in the Texas sun for 20 years.

That is why I went back to a Ford. I know that EVERYTHING is different in my 2020, but so far, it is easily 2x the truck the 2001 was. I only hope I get as good a result in this one as the last.

Ed

Anyone here will tell you, 7.3 is the way to go. Godzilla isn't called the KING for nothing.

I preferred the Ford F250 over the Chevy/GMC as far as newer trucks go for looks and engine choice. I also really liked the Tremor as it looked like an already lifted truck with everything done. Without modding the truck it already sits higher than lifted modded trucks. I liked the Lariat price point without Tremor with leather and whatnot and the 7.3 but the Tremor just seemed much more awesome and attractive to me; less of them around as well. No need for diesel truck for me, Godzilla is sufficient.?
The 7.3 Godzilla seems like a cool engine, especially since you have to go through all the diesel regulations and DEF now a days. How often do you off road or tow?

The 7.3 Godzilla seems like a cool engine, especially since you have to go through all the diesel regulations and DEF now a days. How often do you off road or tow?
HAHA, practically never. Mostly used on pavement. Have been through some mud, performs as expected. I got the truck to meet or exceed any expectation of hauling or towing anything within the next 10 years of my life; that was my purpose.

I've never had brand loyalties (The failure rate between the big manufacturers is +/- a few percent so you're not exponentially more likely to break down in an X over a Y. My thinking is get the extended warranty and it'll be fine.)

That being said I stuck to features. I wanted off-road capability but needed to tow/haul more than a Power Wagon or Raptor would allow. I wanted front/rear lockers and the closest thing was rear locker and compromising on front LSD. I wanted a front bench to seat 6. I really liked the interior of the Ram 2500, but would have to add front/rear lockers, bigger wheels, a lift, and a winch. I got lazy.

Sorry to split hairs, but I need to make one correction:

the 7.3L Godzilla is called.... "Godzilla".
The 6.7L Power Stroke is The ?King.
proceed. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

(all in good fun ? ... they're both beasts)

I think the 6.0 diesel gave ford a bad name but 6.7 has been good to me the power is crazy went with tremor because it has best of both worlds towing and off road most trucks you get one or the other

Sorry to split hairs, but I need to make one correction:

the 7.3L Godzilla is called.... "Godzilla".
The 6.7L Power Stroke is The ?King.
proceed. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

(all in good fun ? ... they're both beasts)
7.3 is powerful engine
6.7 is more powerful is the King

love it.

I think the 6.0 diesel gave ford a bad name but 6.7 has been good to me the power is crazy went with tremor because it has best of both worlds towing and off road most trucks you get one or the other
And to be honest there are some 6.0 out there with tons of miles.

Latest Discussions

Back