What kind are you? 1. Unlimited washes at the quick quack 2. Wax twice a year 3. Ceramic isn't good enough

What kind of Tremor washer are you?

• I keep 'er clean with a subscription to the local mechanical car wash.

• I wash it by hand and wax it twice a year

• Ceramic wasn't good enough, and my wash protocol is 10% of the truck price

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to wash by hand. Truck won't fit in any mechanical washes........I wish it did.

I hand wash every week weather permitting. Apply my ceramic coating every 2 years. In between I will use cquartz reload to keep up the coating. During the winter I use the wand wash to get all the dirt off and spray the undercarriage. Also use a hand car wash in town during the winter.

Touchless drive through every week or two. And pay for full wash & interior cleaning every couple months. It’s worth it to me. I live out in the sticks on a dirt road so it’s nice to get the truck cleaned regularly.

My truck gets washed when it goes to the dealer for oil changes. That's it.
To clarify: do you mean you go wash it after your oil change? Or the dealer washes it as a part of the service?

If the latter I’m jealous!

To the 7 of you who said ceramic isn't good enough, can you please DM me so we can talk openly about our problem? :ROFLMAO:

In my defense, i love black and black looks like :poop: if you're not going to be anal about it.

Ceramic coated and hand wash at home.

I never ever go to a car wash even a touchless wash.

Too much crappy waxy buildup from the low grade shitty products they dump on your finish.

I’m the kind of guy who bought a black truck and has to wash it every week along with busting my knuckles on every job.

i dont have my Tremor yet (on order) but my Black superduty and carbon grey Raptor gets hand washed at least once a week at home if the Sun is out and truck is dirty. if its raining or snowing then i keep one clean until the sun comes out lol

so there is no answer in the poll for me.

I run it through a new automatic car wash that is big enough for a Raptor, and it has a ceramic spray on coating that protects it until the next wash. $40/mo for that package, use it weekly. Comes out feeling like a wax job to the touch.

I'm guessing my 2022 truck will get the same treatment as my 2002 did. Gets washed on a regular basis and a wax or 2 in the first 6-8 months. Then moved to washed every other month. To the current stage of getting washed when it rains. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess I’m way out in left field. I wash the underside when it’s muddy or salty. When I do this I wash the body just because I’m at the car wash already. I could care less what it looks like. I wouldn’t spend $1 to make it look pretty.

There are easier ways than waxing every few months. A good coating will keep it cleaner than just washing and waxing. I do wash it every couple weeks. You can have it both ways.

I let the rain wash it and if it gets really bad, then the car wash. At the end of the day I have more important things to worry about than keeping a depreciable asset clean. I don’t care what you coat it with or wax it with, it will be worth exactly the same when I trade it at 80k miles.

I use a mechanical wash on the expedition and the F150. Only downside I've seen so far has been to the plastic trim on the 2019 expedition. It buffed out by hand in minutes as I found out yesterday. The '14 F150 has been through the same wash maybe twice a month. I can't find anything negative to the clear coat from the wash. The car wash we use was built in 2019 if I recall correctly. They claim some state of the art process(as advertised).
Contemplating what to do with the new Tremor. Spent a few days going over all the ceramic coats and PPFs. The Stealth PPF is the only one that interests me over the new Iconic silver whenever it gets here.
I'll probably follow past practices. Clay bar, polish then wax once a year. Use the drive through wash when it's needed. No problem detailing. I have all the stuff readily available. Truck will sit in a climate controlled shop and only do around 7,000mi a year. Rock chips on current '14 F150 can be counted on one hand are only on the painted bumper.

Attached photo is the driver/passenger plastic door trim. Trim on the right was polished/waxed yesterday. Yes, still some fine marks but it was a good ol fashioned hand polish. Paint looks great on both expi/F150.

Attachments

• 20211123_155955.jpg
    20211123_155955.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 22
Will never use an automatic carwash for Silverback.

Will never use an automatic carwash for Silverback.
The paint on the Ford trucks is better than even the new stuff coming out of BG with the new pain facility. In 2015 the paint coming out of BG was pretty nasty looked like "oranges" lol. I had my clear removed and replaced on my Z06. Then it looked like black obsidian.

I just wait for it to rain

I just wait for it to rain
Rain works pretty good on the ceramic coat. Mine was really dirty. I drove in some heavy rain in Louisville. Once I got to Indiana and the sun came out it, I was pleased how clean it looked.

Is there a 2.5 lol hand wash with 2 bucket system only expel ceramic coat with high impact areas ppf’d occasional wipe down with expel ceramic boost

Back