What kind are you? 1. Unlimited washes at the quick quack 2. Wax twice a year 3. Ceramic isn't good enough

What kind of Tremor washer are you?

• I keep 'er clean with a subscription to the local mechanical car wash.

• I wash it by hand and wax it twice a year

• Ceramic wasn't good enough, and my wash protocol is 10% of the truck price

Results are only viewable after voting.
I chose Oxford White for a reason…can say I have never waxed any of my trucks. My BMW yes, my F150’s and F350’s, no. My tremor will be to tall to fit in my garage. So she’ll sit outside and will be hit with the auto sprinklers and whatever else nother nature throws on her. I view my vehicles as a tool. I take care of them, but, at the end of the day, it’s still a tool…and tools get used. Didn’t vote, you needed a none of the above! 😂

I do hand wash and claybar/wax about every 3 months. But I will run thru it thru car wash after after a hunting/fishing trip to knock the mud and sand off the undercarriage. If nothing else to keeps my driveway clean.

Need a None Of The Above... I wax mine once a month seal every 3.

I also have a few grand in equipment and supplies for doing this kind of thing. Used to show bikes in the past. My trucks are not mall crawlers and spend a lot of time getting ugly dirty on the ranch in NM. Like to keep the scratches off and that includes swirls.

Last edited:
I enjoy hand washing my vehicles from time to time. I find it therapeutic and it gives me a sense of pride when it looks showroom clean when I am done. I also run them through the automated wash to keep them reasonably clean in between.

A question…..I thought these trucks were too big to go through a automatic wash. Will they fit through your local Moo Moo, Goo Goo, or whatever you have local? I need to know!

I enjoy hand washing my vehicles from time to time. I find it therapeutic and it gives me a sense of pride when it looks showroom clean when I am done. I also run them through the automated wash to keep them reasonably clean in between.

A question…..I thought these trucks were too big to go through a automatic wash. Will they fit through your local Moo Moo, Goo Goo, or whatever you have local? I need to know!
Easy Fit where I go.

My truck gets washed when it goes to the dealer for oil changes. That's it.

Used to be very lazy about washing. Had metallic grey Tundras for 14 years and you just didn't see swirls and such. Last year i bought an army green toyota and OMG do you see any faults in that. No more drive through washes for me. bought into the Griots religion with two buffers and their BOSS system. I gotta say it is unreal just how nice you can keep your paint with very little effort thanks to new tech. I now use Griots spray ceramic two or three times a year on both our vehicles. It is cheap, easy to do and really makes a difference.

I will be doing the same with the Tremor.

no no no .. dust and lint are the devil.
We live deep in the suburbs and my truck has to sit out. I may only drive it a few miles, 2-3 times a week, one of those times will be a trip to the hand car wash. These guys were in business when we moved here in 92', we've had a relationship ever since.

None of the above. Cheapest automatic wash at the newest wash in town about once a month or so, and a polish/polyurethane coat (Klasse AIO) in a garage every spring. Does the trick.

It is a freakin truck, but that’s not an excuse to have a dirty truck, inside or out. I go through washes often, but try to have it detailed/waxed once a year, same with the rest of our cars. Pride of ownership applies to all my vehicles, tools, home, etc.
this is the proper mentality.

I grew up on a gravel road. In the summer, if it was dry, your truck got dirty in just a few hours after a wash. If it rained, forget about washing. In the winter? Two tone color scheme for 4 months.

So, even though I now live in the suburbs, my tolerance for a dirty truck is still pretty high. Especially if I run out to the farm or during hunting season (like right now).

My tolerance for a scratched to hell truck due to shit-for-brains not maintaining their car wash? None.

So, it means that I wash it exclusively on my own when I can, and do a Griot's ceramic coat twice a year (so far).

I grew up on a gravel road. In the summer, if it was dry, your truck got dirty in just a few hours after a wash. If it rained, forget about washing. In the winter? Two tone color scheme for 4 months.

So, even though I now live in the suburbs, my tolerance for a dirty truck is still pretty high. Especially if I run out to the farm or during hunting season (like right now).

My tolerance for a scratched to hell truck due to shit-for-brains not maintaining their car wash? None.

So, it means that I wash it exclusively on my own when I can, and do a Griot's ceramic coat twice a year (so far).

Exactly. A dirty truck is par for the course. A destroyed truck because you can’t spend an hour washing it yourself once in awhile is intolerable.

What’s the point of a truck with no dirt but covered in swirl marks?

BE0A3AC6-5AE0-4356-9736-81EDDA8978D3.jpeg
827AAED9-CA27-47BC-AC1A-D63EA39F8333.jpeg

P.s. Silver is the best. This is my truck before a wash yesterday, after a month of rain and mud.

It’s just too bad they don’t make silver interiors. 😅

Wash at home or the nice drive through wash place. I've read with interest all of the posts on ceramic coating and clear film protectant. I understand why people choose to take care of their vehicles but I just don't keep them long enough to worry about it. I'm pretty OCD about enough things without adding the exterior of my truck to the list. Maybe if I was driving on gravel roads or lived somewhere that winters are severe.

i really don't wash vehicles. I run through the puddles to clean it off or hope for a good rain.

Back