What is the best tuner for the 6.7 Diesel?

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
I am mixed about adding a "tuner". I did not add one to my current truck ( 2015 Silverado) but in the past I had many Ram Trucks and several Ford performance cars with tuners.
What is the best Tuner for the Ford 6.7? ( I understand that some may not have the 2020 year updates yet)

There are quite a few out there.

I would like one that:
1). is easy for me to install and set up.
2). has preset programs like, Power, Economy, towing .........
3). won't trip codes
4). well made with good wiring harness and connectors
5). easily removed and reinstalled if needed to make a warranty visit. ( I figure the techs probably can figure out if you had a tune in most cases).
6). eliminates gas pedal delays
7). allows full power at low RPM
8). monitors , pressures, temps and other data from the engine and transmission with read out that is easy to change on the fly.

I'm interested as well. Might have to look north of the border as all the tuners here have gone into hiding. For emissions friendly there is PPEI and Banks Deringer but the emissions friendly is new and untested.

EZ Lynk with whatever tuning you want...... is the industry standard now.
I have GDP, Proven Diesel, and Tyrant tunes on my 2015 F350 via EZ Lynk.
I've been running a 210 HP Tyrant tune for well over a year now. Shifts like stock, tons of power and good mileage.
The ez lynk plugs into your obd connector....then you connect to it via wifi to install different tunes, and to monitor any parameter on the truck.
You can use your phone for this, or GDP sells a monitor you can use.
Once the tune is loaded, you can unplug the ez lynk if you want, and nothing needs to be connected to your truck if don't want.
Or you can leave it connected and use it to monitor gauges.

But haven't heard who has tuning for the 2020's yet.
I'd give them a year to get it all dialed in.

Derringer any info on how these have worked in the past? Could be a good choice. The 3rd gen 6.7 has insane power you can just tell Ford really soft down low. The truck pulls almost harder from 60-90 then 0-15 all in fuel control. Plus I wounder if this removes the 95mph limit? I bet not.... but if it really ups power like they say..... (past models)that would be huge and put us like 600+hp 1200 tq crank numbers I would be happy with that and keep my warranty. They just released the 2020 Dmax the 2020 Power stroke in a few weeks I am told. I will keep you guys updated.

I was telling this to a couple friends the other day. Crazy how fast it will jump up to 90 on you.
She is nasty for sure!!! Hell I bet it would run with my full built lift pump stock turbo EFI Live max tune on my older d max! Just Awesome!!!!!! Hahaha

Has anyone gotten any updated news here? I'm curious as well

Nothing out yet......

Banks told me the 2020 6.7 derringer comes out in August. That’s what I’m leaning towards since I have a whole warranty left lol
I will probably get one this fall, I just don't want it to eat up that 10 speed.
I have trashed transmissions in the past with big hp & torque tuners. But that was mainly on the Rams ( they have known troubles to begin with)

I will probably get one this fall, I just don't want it to eat up that 10 speed.
I have trashed transmissions in the past with big hp & torque tuners. But that was mainly on the Rams ( they have known troubles to begin with)

Agreed and that’s what I like about Banks. They will keep it limited with the factory oil and trans temp safeguards and whatnot. Not that I love full nanny mode but I want to protect an 80k truck lol

I imagine it will be in the neighborhood of 80hp and 150 ftlbs added on top setting.

Oh that's great news, I've been surfing the Banks website, but hadn't seen anything posted. I'm with ya Vicious-Peanut, I rather tweak it within factory-ish spec limitations to maintain the warranty and not destroy an expensive truck LoL

Oh that's great news, I've been surfing the Banks website, but hadn't seen anything posted. I'm with ya Vicious-Peanut, I rather tweak it within factory-ish spec limitations to maintain the warranty and not destroy an expensive truck LoL

Lol that’s because I bug them on their Instagram! haha

@Vicious-Peanut and everyone, update directly from Banks:
Confirmed as said earlier in the feed that they’re working on one, it’s gonna be a Derringer in-line tuner, its expected to release this fall, but would have been sooner had Ford not changed the sensors from analog to digital last minute. So the Banks engineers are currently working on creating all new software and algorithms from scratch to work with the new digital sensors. ??

Sweet! thank you!

Stay away from anything by PPEI. Their transmission tunes will eat your check book alive.

Anyone heard anything else about this lately?

Guys in Canada seem to have the issue under development. Right now it's $2600 and you got to ship out your PCM.

Back