What is the best tuner for the 6.7 Diesel?

From what I hear from a friend who works there, NO Limits Fabrication has one available now for the 2020. It's not on their website but you may want to call them.

From what I hear from a friend who works there, NO Limits Fabrication has one available now for the 2020. It's not on their website but you may want to call them.
I've talked to them twice. They act like they don't know what im talking about and have no idea who can help me. Guy just dummies up on the phone like i work for the EPA.

I've talked to them twice. They act like they don't know what im talking about and have no idea who can help me. Guy just dummies up on the phone like i work for the EPA.

I'll ask my friend if there's a part number or someone specific to talk to.

So what's the story about EPA preventing tuners? Is it illegal? If so I don't understand how it could be. Arnt they market for offroad use?

thats because you have a "iconic silver" truck the color of choice for the EPA;)

So you're right. I did talk to him and the do "offer" one, legally they can't publicly sell it without breaking any federal EPA law. So unless you know someone, or you go through one of their "authorized" dealers you won't be able to get one. I'd offer to get you one, but I don't want the liability if its not something you want anymore and have to deal with returns etc.

So you're right. I did talk to him and the do "offer" one, legally they can't publicly sell it without breaking any federal EPA law. So unless you know someone, or you go through one of their "authorized" dealers you won't be able to get one. I'd offer to get you one, but I don't want the liability if its not something you want anymore and have to deal with returns etc.
I appreciate the info. Oh, I still want it. I'm not really the litigious type. I accept my risks.

Are there actually any tunes that won’t impact warranty? Assume not. Expensive truck with a 10k motor upgrade... normally a big tinkerer with cars but on this one I think she’s staying stock

Any updates on this front?

There's several compaines that offer "in-line" devices/tuners or emissions on tuning.

Banks is behind like everyone Covid crap and Ford has that PCM like a Chinese puzzle!!!

It's been reported that companies have gotten inside the PCM. You can remove the PCM and send it off. If you want a handheld device you got to wait a bit longer.

For me just remove some TQ limits and I will be happy and that 95 MPH limit.

Just curious whys it limited at 95? Because its such a big truck?

So what's the story about EPA preventing tuners? Is it illegal? If so I don't understand how it could be. Arnt they market for offroad use?
They're not illegal for offroad and racing, but people don't use them for off road and racing and the EPA/CARB knows that. They consider them to be emissions defeat devices. EPA has sued and won against a bunch of tuner makers arguing that they're knowingly selling them to people who will use them on public roads for the purpose of defeating emissions controls. Therefore a lot of people who make tuners are afraid to keep doing it as they don't want to get sued/fined into oblivion by the EPA.

When I bought my Ducati last year I had the dealer put a Termignoni exhaust on it and they insisted on delivering "my new race bike, with its race exhaust" to me instead of letting me drive off their lot with it because CARB has field snitches that look for that sort of thing and fine the shit out of dealerships.

One of the first mods I would want to do when I finally get this truck is a better, freer flowing exhaust with a tune ... but living behind the iron curtain in CA, I'm probably not going to find a lot of good options. I want to hear that diesel engine the way God intended, not some limp dicked pussy in Sacramento on the CARB board.

Just curious whys it limited at 95? Because its such a big truck?
Yeah not sure but almost everyone on the road can go faster...... smh don't like lol

Back