🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LsqFCE 🎁

What is priority code?

Tremordreaming

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I keep reading about people’s truck orders and their “priority code” Im placing my order today and would like to know more about this priority code people are talking about. Anyone have any info about priority codes?

Reactions: ccw
I keep reading about people’s truck orders and their “priority code” Im placing my order today and would like to know more about this priority code people are talking about. Anyone have any info about priority codes?
Basically, Ford uses a number system to organize their orders. Dealer stock orders are code 80 and technically have the lowest priority. An order for a customer is most likely placed with a priority code of 10-19 with the lower number getting higher priority over the higher ones. This is rather theoretical, however, because many other factors go into scheduling a vehicle for production ie, part availability in relationships to your build options, color choice, 250 vs 350, etc, etc. As long as your dealership has allocations for Super Duty’s (very important) and you have a competent salesperson, you should be fine as long as it’s ordered in the 10-19 code range. That’s what I know from the best of my ability. Hope this helps. ???

Mine was a priority code 11. I ordered in Jan, arrived in March.

Priority code sets the priority of a dealerships orders. If they place two orders the one with the lower code MAY get built first.

Mine was ordered end of Jan 2020 Came in late March 2020 Code was 15.
it was just under eight weeks.

Mine was 10 ordered 26 Dec and won't be here for 3 flipping weeks! Priority doesn't mean jack. I think my problem was ordering a maxed out Platinum.

Priority code is important, just make sure your dealer has an allocation. That's most important.

Mine was 10 ordered 26 Dec and won't be here for 3 flipping weeks! Priority doesn't mean jack. I think my problem was ordering a maxed out Platinum.
I know, it was explained to me this way, if you do your build, and they have all the parts they need to build it, they will do it. they look at the priority # as a guide they look at the low numbers first 10 verses 11 if they have all the parts for 10 they build it but if they are missing 1 part to build it they move to the next number and so on. so you might have a low number but lets say you want adaptive stirring (they have been backed up on this for a while now) they won't build your truck until they have whatever part they need. that's how a #19 can be build before a 10

by the way I ordered my 2021F350 Tremor King Ranch in June with adaptive steering. they told me how it works and I now took that off the build and rebuilt mine as a 2022 I will be getting it (fingers crossed) in march 2022

by the way I ordered my 2021F350 Tremor King Ranch in June with adaptive steering. they told me how it works and I now took that off the build and rebuilt mine as a 2022 I will be getting it (fingers crossed) in march 2022
Mine was a Priority Code 10 and had my dealer look it up today and it says Priority Code 2. What’s this mean then?

Mine was a Priority Code 10 and had my dealer look it up today and it says Priority Code 2. What’s this mean then?
Means a regional Ford rep or Ford themselves bumped it up. The dealer has no way of making it higher than 10 themselves.

3 weeks.....try 4 or 5 months or more...:cry:

Herc Man, I believe I wrote that in March. That said, I took delivery
16 April so I didn't suffer like many have.

Let's be brutally frank - 'priority code' is Fordspeak for
"Let them eat cake" - Marie Antoinette's supposedly famous line.

So how about you do a thread of war stories boring through Cat 5 monsters, huh? And be sure to include how many fasteners and other bits you collect off the deck afterwards! 😁

Last edited:
If each dealer sets the priority code at 10, what good is the priority system?

If each dealer sets the priority code at 10, what good is the priority system?
A few ways it's still useful:
  1. Retail orders take priority over dealer inventory orders. Dealer inventory orders default to priority code 80.
  2. Priority can be bumped higher than 10 (by a regional representative) for those orders that justify it.
  3. Difficult to imagine in this market, but if someone places an order with a dealer but they truly don't need the truck for a while, the dealer may specifically opt to set them at a lower priority. Though I suspect this would be more likely before the market went nuts.
As morepower02 mentioned as well, the priority codes are only used at the individual dealer level. So when a dealership is allocated, say, 10 orders (or whatever) they use priority code to select those orders (falling back to order date, oldest first, for orders with equal priority).

As for how Ford determines how many orders to allocate to a dealership, that's much more complicated and relates to the dealership's size, past sales performance, location, overall market situation, factory capacity, etc.

Back