Military
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
On my build I have 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package.

But do I need Hitch Kit – Gooseneck. I don't know what it exactly is.

I don't know if I ever need it, and it can be added later.

“5th Hitch Prep” gives you the adapter on the frame under the bed and harness for in the bed connect. The “hitch kit gooseneck” is the goose ball and chain connects that plug into the adapter below the bed. You need the kit for towing a gooseneck or using a 5th wheel goose box adapter hitch like Andersen. The hitch kit can be bought easily after market from E-trailer etc etc

1595770272335.jpeg

So if I'm understanding correctly. Get the 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package. and down the road, if I need Hitch Kit – Gooseneck, i can get it later?

“5th Hitch Prep” gives you the adapter on the frame under the bed and harness for in the bed connect. The “hitch kit gooseneck” the the goose ball and chain connects that plug into the adapter below the bed. You need the kit for towing a gooseneck or using a
So if I'm understanding correctly. Get the 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package. and down the road, if I need Hitch Kit – Gooseneck, i can get it later?
Exactly!

Here is mine. I got the Curt brand. I priced on the net and went to a dealer, the dealer actually got me a better price. He called it the "puck " style there are 5 holes in the bed with plastic covers ( pucks) you remove and drop the hitch in the hole and rotate a lever. 4 if you run a 5 th wheel like shown or one larger one in the center for a gooseneck.

the under side of the bed has reinforced pockets for the hitch. You also get wiring inside the bed for the trailer.

When you don't haul your trailer there is nothing in the bed. No bars and the hitch is easier to r & r.
IMG_4818.jpeg
IMG_4817.jpeg

Ok cool. Thank you. so ill stick with just the 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package.

Thanks guys!!

The goose neck hitch kit comes in a plastic case the size of a handgun case....Its the hitch ball that attaches to the goose neck hitch prep under the bed (right in the center)....awful pricey from ford: $250 on my Sticker. It was already on my truck when I purchased it off the lot. I will never use it so its for sale cheap!.....here is the pick of it.

Attachments

• Goose1.jpg
    Goose1.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Goose2.jpg
    Goose2.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 119
The goose neck hitch kit comes in a plastic case the size of a handgun case....Its the hitch ball that attaches to the goose neck hitch prep under the bed (right in the center)....awful pricey from ford: $250 on my Sticker. It was already on my truck when I purchased it off the lot. I will never use it so its for sale cheap!.....here is the pick of it.

Cool. Thanks for the visual.

When I ordered mine he asked if I would ever pull a goose neck. Said that $250 was cheap compared to what it would cost to install after build. So I ordered both fifth wheel and goose neck pkgs.. Think the bed has to come off to add a goose neck, Not sure about that. The goose neck adapter comes in a nice case. Very fine finish. Look closely and you will find, made in China.

My son got the Gooseneck with his truck as it was a dealer ordered truck. He said the best part was if you needed to grab something for self defense besides a firearm this is the way to go. LMAO

My son got the Gooseneck with his truck as it was a dealer ordered truck. He said the best part was if you needed to grab something for self defense besides a firearm this is the way to go. LMAO
Literally....you can just swing that plastic case....and crush a skull with it...LOL

Back