What have you done to add lights to stock bumper?

TellurideTremor

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Tremor of the Year
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Lariat Tremor 7.3
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X7
Would love to see pics and share links to resources to see what everyone has done to add lights to this space.

let's see them.
Front end.png

Would love to see pics and share links to resources to see what everyone has done to add lights to this space.

let's see them. View attachment 22331
Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be very many bumper mount options out there. I have a Baa design s8 I wanted to mount on the front bumper. It was a no go ?

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be very many bumper mount options out there. I have a Baa design s8 I wanted to mount on the front bumper. It was a no go ?
I agree. Not finding much. I like the Baja Designs link above. And even the stock pic is exactly what I want to do. Fill the space under the factory driving lights

Attachments

• 7A217AB0-FFC9-436F-8D93-DF2E1D06A451.jpeg
    7A217AB0-FFC9-436F-8D93-DF2E1D06A451.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 70
I

I think that's exactly what's in the pic I just posted now that I look at it.

I was wanting a light specific for that space with that same housing shape. But can see where the universal S2 would be a great option. Thanks.
Yeah it looks like they just cut it out and flush mount. Diode dynamics also has a similar flush mount lamp in different patterns.

I agree. Not finding much. I like the Baja Designs link above. And even the stock pic is exactly what I want to do. Fill the space under the factory driving lights
I’ve seen those, looks good. However the housing’s are at an angle so the light distribution won’t be as straight as one would like.

I’ve seen those, looks good. However the housing’s are at an angle so the light distribution won’t be as straight as one would like.
I seen about a month ago someone 3D printed wedge spacers to correct the angle. It was for the s2 also . I'll see if I can find the thread.
Edit: I found the conversation about needing to print it, but not a completed product . Sorry though he made it already. I would be interested in lights and spacers if it can be done also .

Last edited:
I want a bright Corning Light. One that I can mount on the deep side of the housing. So it shines to the side of the truck. The Mirror LED lights arn't bright enough, I want to illuminate the Sides. You'd know what I mean if you've ever pulled into, or tried to navigate around a Camp Ground at night. Where's that post ?? I know theres a **^^*^%@@** post somewhere .. Well, get the **^$@%&&** out and **^&&$%&** look .. Or .. something like that.

I was debating on 3d printing a wedge (edit: don’t own a printer yet) for the flush mount light. I made a representative block from wood to see what it would look like but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Attachments

• 4E00CE82-AC4A-4EF4-8A12-FF43F3193918.jpeg
    4E00CE82-AC4A-4EF4-8A12-FF43F3193918.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 8A0AA70D-4BBD-43CF-A75E-D7067CD48D61.jpeg
    8A0AA70D-4BBD-43CF-A75E-D7067CD48D61.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 68
For those who have added these, are you tapping into the stock fogs or going straight to an upfitter?
I am about to order (backorder likely) the S2 Pro Driving/Combo Flush Mounts and was wondering how you guys were wiring them up.
Also, is the harness needed for either of these wiring options?
TIA!

I’m planning to run them to an upfitter switch. If you buy the 2 light kit from Baja designs, they come with the wiring you would need. The last set I bought I had to extend a bit (I routed them well away from heat sources which used more cable than strictly necessary).

It wouldn’t be too difficult to tap into the factory fogs if you wanted to run them that way. Identifying the wire would be the hardest part. I (personally) would want to use that as a signal only rather than pulling power from that circuit. I’m pretty conservative about these things though.

Back