What do y’all do for a living?

Just curious what funds all these cool trucks
I am a wildlife biologist/ecologist that heads up the permitting division for a private US alternative energy development company. Wind , Solar and battery storage. Large projects across the US.

I assist heavy industries and large ag companies faced with environmental and local permitting federal, state, and local compliance issues or large-scale (mostly over $100M each) construction projects.

I assist heavy industries and large ag companies faced with environmental and local permitting federal, state, and local compliance issues or large-scale (mostly over $100M each) construction projects.
One of my kids is studying environmental biology. She likes it and finds it interesting.

I asked her if she was doing that to get back at me for some reason for representing developers. She said (jokingly I hope) she'll go to work for my opponents. I'm teaching her about the compliance and regulatory consulting business. It's a lot of fun and rewarding when you focus on solutions rather than just trying to stop everything.

I am a Mfg. supervisor for a company that makes power supplies and power converters. Working on 22 years in August.
Shit they still build those in the US?:unsure: Been a electronic tech for 30yrs most everything I've touched that wasn't built by my company is Chinese.
Did just get our first order for going to space yesterday. Blue Origin made an order with us.

I'm a pilot for a large Canadian airline.

I've also flown crew change/camp flights, charter, medevac, unprepared/off strip, cargo, regional, along the way to getting here.

I've flown types from small Cessnas to King Airs to Dash 8s to the little Boeings and big Boeings and others in between them all. From the Canadian North to Australia, Hong Kong to Heathrow, etc, etc, and the spots in-between.

I'd rather just be fishing out west though.

Trumper did wonders for the market so for now no real job and it’s great.

Attachments

• E41C76B8-0C85-4F0B-947A-AB711C53C69C.jpeg
    E41C76B8-0C85-4F0B-947A-AB711C53C69C.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 62
Grown up in the homebuilding industry where I learned a lot of valuable knowledge, mostly the value of hard work and determination. 2 generations before me on both sides of the family were damn good carpenters however I couldn't hit hit the broad side of a barn with a pneumatic nail gun. :D

Dirt moving and yellow iron has always been my passion and I've been blessed in my life to pursue that passion. Currently own a site contracting company with my better 1/2 we started in 2011. We specialize in demolition, erosion control, grading and site utilities.

Now We tear down structures and build them back up.

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0855 (1).jpeg
IMG_0906.jpeg

I've spent a fair amount of time in helicopters as well.....but sitting in the back.
I live in western Canada, but worked offshore in the North Sea oilfield based out of Aberdeen Scotland for 21 years.
So every 3 weeks I'd spend 1-3 hrs in an EC225 Super Puma, Tiger, or Sikorsky S-92.
Then spend another 17-20 hrs flying home to Calgary Alberta. On average I spent 30 hrs a month flying.
Nothing sounds better than a chopper when you've been offshore for 3 or 4 weeks.....and nothing sounds worse than a fog horn when you wake up on crew change day.....doh!!
And nothing makes you appreciate a chopper more than crew changing by boat and a billy pugh basket or FROG crew basket for a few months.

I grew up on a farm/feedot. But ended up in the oilfield to go see some of the world.
Which i did. I worked out of England, Scotland, Holland, West Africa (Ivory Coast), Singapore, and also got to do a course in Tulsa Oklahoma.
I did that from 1996 until I retired from overseas work after qualifying for my pension in 2017.
But I still work in the oilfield in Canada on land.....which is where I used my Tremor.
As I type this I'm at work fracing exactly 2 miles north of the US border....north west of Minot ND.
Fellow Fraccer! Welcome. Even know how to spell it. Wow!

Captain for Santa Rosa Fire Department, California. Currently assigned as the HAZMAT captain. We go mitigate the mess when chemical companies and trucks have accidents. This is an addition to the normal day to day firefighter stuff that gets super busy here in the summer time. Started at 13 as helper for a screen printer, Iron worker L378, managed a tire shop all before this.

I am also a dependapotamus! My wife is a Senior Master Sergeant in USAF Security Forces with a tour in Iraq under her belt. She retired early next year, after 20 years.

We have 5 kids and the tremor was stretching our budget but the plan is for it to be a 20 year truck.
View attachment 25054
This is me managing a cluster fuck of a house fire. We had a wildland fire threaten the city. Lost 100s of homes and 10s of thousands of acres. This guy decided to torch his house 2 days after it and try and blame the wildland fire.
Thank you for your service. The fires in CA are horrible… my brother in law was LEO in Sequoia for years, and we’ve been watching the KNP fire closely since we love and have spent a ton of time with the Sequoias.

One of my kids is studying environmental biology. She likes it and finds it interesting.

I asked her if she was doing that to get back at me for some reason for representing developers. She said (jokingly I hope) she'll go to work for my opponents. I'm teaching her about the compliance and regulatory consulting business. It's a lot of fun and rewarding when you focus on solutions rather than just trying to stop everything.
As you know, things are not as black and white as some would make it out to be. There is a lot of stop everything out there and I think it is mostly trust kids doing it. Or as I call the CA versions, "surfer lawyers."

Back