What do y’all do for a living?

ATLTremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Porsche 911
Captain for Santa Rosa Fire Department, California. Currently assigned as the HAZMAT captain. We go mitigate the mess when chemical companies and trucks have accidents. This is an addition to the normal day to day firefighter stuff that gets super busy here in the summer time. Started at 13 as helper for a screen printer, Iron worker L378, managed a tire shop all before this.

I am also a dependapotamus! My wife is a Senior Master Sergeant in USAF Security Forces with a tour in Iraq under her belt. She retired early next year, after 20 years.

We have 5 kids and the tremor was stretching our budget but the plan is for it to be a 20 year truck.
View attachment 25054
This is me managing a cluster fuck of a house fire. We had a wildland fire threaten the city. Lost 100s of homes and 10s of thousands of acres. This guy decided to torch his house 2 days after it and try and blame the wildland fire.
Thank you for your service. The fires in CA are horrible… my brother in law was LEO in Sequoia for years, and we’ve been watching the KNP fire closely since we love and have spent a ton of time with the Sequoias.

IowaBoy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2014 BMW 328i GT
One of my kids is studying environmental biology. She likes it and finds it interesting.

I asked her if she was doing that to get back at me for some reason for representing developers. She said (jokingly I hope) she'll go to work for my opponents. I'm teaching her about the compliance and regulatory consulting business. It's a lot of fun and rewarding when you focus on solutions rather than just trying to stop everything.
As you know, things are not as black and white as some would make it out to be. There is a lot of stop everything out there and I think it is mostly trust kids doing it. Or as I call the CA versions, "surfer lawyers."

Andrewm

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
Tesla
F1571721-5FEC-49A9-831C-E42D40A33D6D.jpeg

I work on that piece of crap

Andrewm

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
Tesla
I was a 53 airframes mechanic in the Marine Corps… HMH-462. 99-04 👍🏻👍🏻
So you know. I’ve seen a transfer line leaking through the braids because I kid you not, the thing had been in there since ‘86 and fuel eroded the rubber away internally. I get to leave it in 2 months thankfully

Canyon Trekker

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy 68
Current Ride
22 Stone Grey Tremor, Lariat, Ultimate
Current Ride #2
99 F250 4X4 XLT, 7.3,
This has been a great post, enjoyed reading about everyone's diverse background. So many people in aircraft and related fields! Impressive. The closest I got to aircraft was pushing planes on an aircraft carrier. (70-72) Been working in electronics ever since, work as a master technician in a high end test and measurement equipment company, been doing this work for over 50 years now and enjoying (almost) every day of it. Maybe I'll retire someday, perhaps after the Tremor shows up. 😁

Vermonster

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2011 BMW E90 335i XDrive
Current Ride #2
Some BMWs, Wife's Subaru, Ducati 899 & Ducati 748 Mono
I am digging the background people have. I too am a little surprised by the chopper expertise on the forum. Pretty cool!

Gotbeer

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 XLT Tremor
Shit they still build those in the US?:unsure: Been a electronic tech for 30yrs most everything I've touched that wasn't built by my company is Chinese.
Did just get our first order for going to space yesterday. Blue Origin made an order with us.
This is more Hitech stuff. Not your normal power supply's or converters, modular power solutions. Currently build for electric cars, Boeing satellites and along those lines, networking and server farms. We power Google server farms and stuff like that. Check it out. VICORPOWER.COM

OP
MPTxTremor

MPTxTremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 iconic XLT 7.3
Current Ride #2
2020 expedition XLT
Purchasing for the company the make the tremor side steps. I actually buy the spray on bed lining material. Before that I had a real job road work
what is the material??? one post the other day the guy was asking what it was, forget the OP name on that thread.. guy has a red tremor.. thats all i remember

slowninja14

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Prior Army(98-02)
Current Ride
'22 F250 Lariat FX4 7.3
Worked at a fiberglass pickup cover factory for a year after high school, then some roofing. Decided to join the Army and served 4 years at Ft Bragg. Got out and started working at a bottling facility. Ended up working there for a little over 18 years in all departments like processing, packaging, maintenance and lab. About a year ago I got a new job with the same company working as facility services(my own made up title, haha) at their R&D facility.

Birddog

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350
Purchasing for the company the make the tremor side steps. I actually buy the spray on bed lining material. Before that I had a real job road work
what is the material??? one post the other day the guy was asking what it was, forget the OP name on that thread.. guy has a red tremor.. thats all i remember
@BroncoHooves was looking for this info…

Modman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
BS2 F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
Soon: 2DR A51 Black Diamond Bronco

I think @BroncoHooves has a few questions for you about that bed lining material!

W5BJB

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 HD Road Glide 131
I’ve really enjoyed reading through this thread, so I decided to stop stalking and start posting.

I started out as an electrician apprentice and a rodeo cowboy. Then I was a civil engineer. Now I’m a construction lawyer and represent commercial general contractors.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge