What did you pay for service plans? I am closing tomorrow

Fredc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150 sport
I never have gone for the extended plans of any flavor. But after reading through posts in this topic I am considering. Two plans that I am considering- Ford Premium Care Protection and Ford Premium Maintenance. I think I am most interested in Premium maint as this is a given oil changes, etc.. I will drive about $20k per year and getting a diesel. What is reasonable for each plan? Any lessons learned that you can share. I have read through the posts - One person purchased the FPM for about $2k, no deductible at 5 years, 100k miles . That seams like a steel, would it still be a deal at 3k? I know there are lots of contingencies as well...

I never have gone for the extended plans of any flavor. But after reading through posts in this topic I am considering. Two plans that I am considering- Ford Premium Care Protection and Ford Premium Maintenance. I think I am most interested in Premium maint as this is a given oil changes, etc.. I will drive about $20k per year and getting a diesel. What is reasonable for each plan? Any lessons learned that you can share. I have read through the posts - One person purchased the FPM for about $2k, no deductible at 5 years, 100k miles . That seams like a steel, would it still be a deal at 3k? I know there are lots of contingencies as well...
Check out floodfordesp.com. I have used them for several vehicles including my Tremor.

So they offered me 7 years/ 125k miles for $3,477. At 10,000 intervals. Seems like a poor deal to me - I didn’t take it but have 2 weeks to negotiate back with them. Why is the service interval 10k, I thought 7,500 was the target? Oh this is for the
Remount main plan. I think a. Acceptable price for 7 years and 125k miles is - get them to go to 7,500 interval for 3k. Thoughts?

Premium ESP 7yr/125K for $2400. My dealer initially wanted $1000 more! After I showed them Flood Ford's price, they matched it without question.

Premium ESP 7yr/125K for $2400. My dealer initially wanted $1000 more! After I showed them Flood Ford's price, they matched it without question.
Thanks what is the service interval

seems high and long intervals.

I do my own basic service enjoy working on it and hate waiting rooms at dealership. I am not a fan of stale donuts and salty popcorn plus I don't watch Oprah or Judge Judy.

I got 3 or maybe it was 4 years 36000 miles premium maintenance for $1275 .....I also got a 5000 mile service interval. I purchased back in January and my Tremor went into production on 5 Nov 2019. I think the finance lady felt sorry for me, since I paid a pretty penny for the truck....we also got Premium Warranty but I can't remember the details on that.

So then we just compare all estimates we hear to the floodfordesp.com site?
So they offered me 7 years/ 125k miles for $3,477. At 10,000 intervals.
Site shows $3,545 so I guess that isn't too bad of a deal...

I wonder how much of a margin that leaves them. If it's a couple bucks then there isn't much wiggle room, but if it's a few hundred then I guess you could try asking for under what the chart says.

So then we just compare all estimates we hear to the floodfordesp.com site?

Site shows $3,545 so I guess that isn't too bad of a deal...

I wonder how much of a margin that leaves them. If it's a couple bucks then there isn't much wiggle room, but if it's a few hundred then I guess you could try asking for under what the chart says.
Right I get they need to make money off this - but there does seem to be a wide swing of what people pay. Thanks for the help

Do you have to buy these plans at time of sale on the truck or are they like warranties in that you can buy from another dealer after you take it home?

Don’t forget you can use your ford reward points to pay for oil changes to

Do you have to buy these plans at time of sale on the truck or are they like warranties in that you can buy from another dealer after you take it home?
Site says "Available for vehicles under the 3/36k warranty. Add $100 for vehicles over 12months/12k miles." It looks like they gave Fredc 2 weeks to decide after pick up, and I'm sure any dealer would be fine selling you the plan.

How do the rewards points accumulate
I believe we got like the 75,000 when we purchased the truck then 2500 every time we got a oil change it’s on the Account through Ford pass

They have given me the option of buying after the sale - approx 2 weeks to make up my mind. But you may be in a better position to close on the day of your vehicle purchase. I didn’t have time to quantify the value before closing. There are some good threads on this site where people have gone into depth - I plan to review these, do some math and figure out a value that makes sense for me. But in some areas I just don’t know what to expect in terms of repairs...I likely won’t purchase one of these. Look forward to learning from others though

Back