What did you do to your Tremor today?

Today:
Installation Thule Bike Carrier - for my oem ford bed cover (Retrax Pro btw) you need the Thule Kit 3101 - fit in the rails, Thule 753 feet & thule pro bars (2pcs) 6 1/2 ft. long & Thule 532 Freeride bike carrier (one each bike) - total around 500$ and 2 hrs first installation - take it off & on with 8 screws in 5 min
IMG_7271.jpg

I have installed 4 bikes - they ve much space - so i think you can get max 6 in a row

IMG_7272.jpg

I was out ripping around today and heard a weird noise after revving it while parked. I opened the hood to get a better listen and I was shocked how much turbo noise there is after installing the S&B CAI. Too bad I can't hear it good while the hood is closed and not at all while driving.

Got a few things done over the weekend

1606792375978.jpeg

Installed Amber S2 Pros in the pocket under the OEM Fog lights

1606792486919.jpeg

S & B filters CAI installed. Still drives like a Super Duty lol but there is slight change in the engine note that sounds better to me. It’s not overt but enough for me

also installed Boosted GreyGoose Spot lamp low speed override adapter. No pics , pretty straightforward install. Really like the functionality afforded by this mod but you gotta remember to take them off as they don’t have an auto shut off

Decided where I wanted things, and mounted stuff on the passenger side BuiltRight rack.
View attachment 10033
Marcher, question...im ordering risers for clamps like yours to hold axe.....but for the rest of the rubber clamps, how do those get attached to the grid? The website says mounting hardware not included with the clamps...thanks

Marcher, question...im ordering risers for clamps like yours to hold axe.....but for the rest of the rubber clamps, how do those get attached to the grid? The website says mounting hardware not included with the clamps...thanks
I used stainless steel 1/4" carriage bolts, with a stainless washer and nylock nut. The 1/4" carriage bolt is perfect for the narrow slots on the BuiltRight.

Anything needing a vertical arrangement, that wasn't spaced correctly to use only the narrow slots/carriage bolts set-up, I used a regular bolt and modified large diameter fender washer to 'wrap' the structure of the bed rack (just bent the edge of the fender washer for a good grab). The Square Quick Fist Clamp thing that I used for my recovery strap, for example, the hole spacing didn't allow for using carriage bolts on both ends. Getting a wrench on the backside to hold the regular bolt while tightening the nut was easy enough. Punching a new hole in the rubber mount, in a position that would have been correct for carriage bolt use, probably would have been a smarter way to go. I'm not going to go back and redo it, but I wish I would have thought of that at the time.

For the Quick Fist mounts without the risers, I found that 3/4" long carriage bolts were about perfect. However, getting the nylock nut started was challenging. It required tightening it down a bit without the washer to get a bit of compression set on the rubber mount, removing the nut and putting the washer on, then getting the nut back on again. And each of those steps were a bit of a challenge to get the nut to grab a thread. If it were half a thread turn longer, it would have been easier - but the 3/4" length kept the accessory eventually mounted from making contact with the bolt, which is nice.

Installed Ford light HC3Z-13A613-C. This light comes standard on a F350 dually. It replaces the blank plastic panel between the bumper and the tailgate. It's not plug and play, you will need to buy the connector pig tail, 8UZZ-14S411-AAL. I tied it into the right license plate light.
dually light 2.jpg
dually light.jpg

I used stainless steel 1/4" carriage bolts, with a stainless washer and nylock nut. The 1/4" carriage bolt is perfect for the narrow slots on the BuiltRight.

Anything needing a vertical arrangement, that wasn't spaced correctly to use only the narrow slots/carriage bolts set-up, I used a regular bolt and modified large diameter fender washer to 'wrap' the structure of the bed rack (just bent the edge of the fender washer for a good grab). The Square Quick Fist Clamp thing that I used for my recovery strap, for example, the hole spacing didn't allow for using carriage bolts on both ends. Getting a wrench on the backside to hold the regular bolt while tightening the nut was easy enough. Punching a new hole in the rubber mount, in a position that would have been correct for carriage bolt use, probably would have been a smarter way to go. I'm not going to go back and redo it, but I wish I would have thought of that at the time.

For the Quick Fist mounts without the risers, I found that 3/4" long carriage bolts were about perfect. However, getting the nylock nut started was challenging. It required tightening it down a bit without the washer to get a bit of compression set on the rubber mount, removing the nut and putting the washer on, then getting the nut back on again. And each of those steps were a bit of a challenge to get the nut to grab a thread. If it were half a thread turn longer, it would have been easier - but the 3/4" length kept the accessory eventually mounted from making contact with the bolt, which is nice.
Man, thanks for the details, that really helps. I may go ahead and premount some of these before i attach to grid to the bed to make it easier...cant wait to get started. Thanks again

Video of the scanning blinker in amber.
View attachment 1604

Can you give me a link on how to get my blinkers to do that. What I will need to purchase. You have a Stellar looking truck. I have a 2021 F350 Platty in Silver coming in anyday now. I hope mine looks half as sweet as yours. :cool: ? ? ?
Don

Can you give me a link on how to get my blinkers to do that. What I will need to purchase. You have a Stellar looking truck. I have a 2021 F350 Platty in Silver coming in anyday now. I hope mine looks half as sweet as yours. :cool: ? ? ?
Don

Second That!

Back