What did you do to your Tremor today?

What is your method for monitoring battery voltage while running? Thanks!
I have a 2-meter ham radio and a quad band ham radio that both give voltage readouts with a button push.

Do you have a dual battery set up? I was under the impression that iDash only monitored the start battery and they have no voltage sensors for add on. Is this correct?
Dual batteries in these trucks are wired in parallel, with no isolator, so it doesn’t matter which you go to. This setup also poses issues if one battery is weak, as it will constantly put a drain on the other battery. That’s why you need to replace both at the same time, never just one (very few exceptions to this).

Dual batteries in these trucks are wired in parallel, with no isolator, so it doesn’t matter which you go to. This setup also poses issues if one battery is weak, as it will constantly put a drain on the other battery. That’s why you need to replace both at the same time, never just one (very few exceptions to this).
Thank you for the clarification. Obviously, sub-optimal in many cases to do this. If you really want to monitor each battery. Ironman 4x4 has an interesting solution that is easy to install.

BL

Got my grille guard on! Sorry had to delete earlier post, forgot to block out my license plate
Nice!! Can you share builder info? I’m looking to do a replacement soon with similar style ranch hand, bodyguard, etc.

Is that a rule?
I'm curious too, you drive all over with your license plate exposed, who knows who sees 👀 it, but people on here block their plate. There are approximately 8000 people on this forum, may be some with nafarious intentions, but thousands more are behind you on the street that for sure do!

What is your method for monitoring battery voltage while running? Thanks!
I just added a cheap voltmeter from amazon to center console tray. Works great for me

Thule bars and bike racks installed for the Retrax cover.

View attachment 114317

Edit: adding parts list just in case anyone wants to know

You can find the parts listings for Thule and others here: https://retrax.com/install-resources

Based on their Thule parts list I ordered the following directly from Thule.
  • PN: 713600 Thule Cross Bar
  • PN: 460R Thule Foot Pack
  • PN: KIT3101 Thule Fit Kit
  • PN: 599000 Thule UpRide Bike Rack
Have you found the Retrax to be "weatherproof", or do you get some water in the bed?

Have you found the Retrax to be "weatherproof", or do you get some water in the bed?
The Retrax is not waterproof. I’d call it 98%. After heavy rains and wind, I do find some water has leaked in from the sides. Annoying but not enough to damage anything or soak anything. I don’t get any water in with light rain. I knew that going into it from my research beforehand, so it doesn’t bother me.

The Retrax is not waterproof. I’d call it 98%. After heavy rains and wind, I do find some water has leaked in from the sides. Annoying but not enough to damage anything or soak anything. I don’t get any water in with light rain. I knew that going into it from my research beforehand, so it doesn’t bother me.
Thank you.

I've had the same experience with the Retrax cover. I've never managed to get it 100%.

I've had the same experience with the Retrax cover. I've never managed to get it 100%.
Have you tried the tailgate seal? I haven’t had the chance to install it and I wonder if it will make a difference.

Installed Fab Fours bumper with winch and lights!

IMG_0395.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rigid flush mounts in the bumper. Don’t have the electric hooked up yet. Truck has upfitter switches, so I will use one of them.

Attachments

• 88003545-79AA-4028-9153-CBFDC37B030D.jpeg
    88003545-79AA-4028-9153-CBFDC37B030D.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 114
  • F889EDBC-B940-495A-9BC4-1F208CC9B10A.jpeg
    F889EDBC-B940-495A-9BC4-1F208CC9B10A.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 103
  • 6F670653-115E-46D2-9584-D2639430C5F6.jpeg
    6F670653-115E-46D2-9584-D2639430C5F6.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 0666FCF6-75D6-40B1-8DF4-391F85146180.jpeg
    0666FCF6-75D6-40B1-8DF4-391F85146180.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 117
Was looking at the same bumper does it interfere with the front camera at all?
I have the same bumper but without the guard. The picture their website had did have a small bit of camera interference, but it didn’t seem bad. I just wanted the improved functionality, so went without the guard to maintain no camera interference.

C2BFA141-C907-44F3-A430-9FF761BE9162.jpeg

Back