What did you do to your Tremor today?

Finally got the time and pulled up my big boy pants and dove into ForScan updates. Performed the following changes:
Removed double honk on exit with fob and truck running.
Removed double honk on lock with fob in truck running.
Switched fog lights to bambi mode.
Changed tire pressures to 60/60
Disabled triple chime at start up
Disabled chimes at door ajar with truck running
Added Heated/ Cooled Seats icon and heated steering icon to home screen.

I really like the Bluetooth OBDlink MX+ module. It works flawlessly and was very convenient to sit back in the seat and make changes.

I did find some information on the ForScan spread sheets a little sketchy and vague. In particular the TPMS change process is quite vague and confusing. It took a while to figure out after comparing several other spread sheets and thread comments that you are setting the actual tire pressure you are running and the system determines the alarm pressure based on those set pressures. Would have been nice if a note had been placed in the spread sheet explaining this. Also the conversion to Hexadecimal numbers could be quite confusing to the uninformed. I found a great converter on line that was easy to use: https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Also I noticed that the spread sheets give you values to change in the system codes but didn't realize until I got started that the system changes other values once you enter your change. At first I thought I was making mistakes because I was recording the original values in the system on my own spread sheet and once I made my update the original values in other parts of the codes also changed. That was disconcerting until it reversed my changes and the other system changes automatically changed back as well.

Whatever you do, make sure you are using up to date spread sheets for your exact truck. The program modules are completely different from year to year or from one Ford model to the next. It's utterly amazing to me that a common system shared by multiple Ford vehicles has completely different programming for each one.

Regardless I would say it was a total success even though I was literally sweating at times because of the confusion.
Moral of the story is do exactly as they say in the videos and save a copy of everything before you start making changes. Also save a copy of the original build program for your vehicle from the Ford site. And if you are like me, make a spread sheet of your own and record the as found and as changed values for each module you modify.

There's a couple more changes I'm considering but that will be for another day. Good luck with ForScan peeps, it's totally worth it in my opinion. ? ?:cool:

Finally got the time and pulled up my big boy pants and dove into ForScan updates. Performed the following changes:

I really like the Bluetooth OBDlink MX+ module. It works flawlessly and was very convenient to sit back in the seat and make changes.

I did find some information on the ForScan spread sheets a little sketchy and vague. In particular the TPMS change process is quite vague and confusing. It took a while to figure out after comparing several other spread sheets and thread comments that you are setting the actual tire pressure you are running and the system determines the alarm pressure based on those set pressures. Would have been nice if a note had been placed in the spread sheet explaining this. Also the conversion to Hexadecimal numbers could be quite confusing to the uninformed. I found a great converter on line that was easy to use: https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Also I noticed that the spread sheets give you values to change in the system codes but didn't realize until I got started that the system changes other values once you enter your change. At first I thought I was making mistakes because I was recording the original values in the system on my own spread sheet and once I made my update the original values in other parts of the codes also changed. That was disconcerting until it reversed my changes and the other system changes automatically changed back as well.

Whatever you do, make sure you are using up to date spread sheets for your exact truck. The program modules are completely different from year to year or from one Ford model to the next. It's utterly amazing to me that a common system shared by multiple Ford vehicles has completely different programming for each one.

Regardless I would say it was a total success even though I was literally sweating at times because of the confusion.
Moral of the story is do exactly as they say in the videos and save a copy of everything before you start making changes. Also save a copy of the original build program for your vehicle from the Ford site. And if you are like me, make a spread sheet of your own and record the as found and as changed values for each module you modify.

There's a couple more changes I'm considering but that will be for another day. Good luck with ForScan peeps, it's totally worth it in my opinion. ? ?:cool:
IIRC, the last two digits of any address is a checksum. Forscan has to change the last two numbers for the checksum to be correct.

This is from my memory of using it 4 years ago on my 2016 F150, so information may not be totally accurate.

IIRC, the last two digits of any address is a checksum. Forscan has to change the last two numbers for the checksum to be correct.

This is from my memory of using it 4 years ago on my 2016 F150, so information may not be totally accurate.
Yes I get that now, but for the novice it would be nice if the folks setting up and maintaining the ForScan spreadsheets would inform those of us that are making mods what to expect. Most of us are doing this for the first time and obviously feel there's plenty of risk considering our lack of experience and the cost of our trucks. Regardless it can be figured out but many are hesitant for obvious reasons.

BTW your first sentence proves my point. 90% of the folks on this forum have no idea what the first sentence in your response to me means.

Towed my 1st gen Camaro to it's new home for the next year as we relocate out of state.
Very impressed how the 7.3 towed. I typically average 13 MPG unloaded, did 11.5 mpg with a 20ft dovetail and the car. No problem holding 10th gear and only shifted when i punched it. Was driving a bit fast so very happy.

Also found how shitty Ford made these beds. I tossed one of trailer ramps over the spare trail tire (it slid over the tire, not like i dropped it over the side of the bed) in my bed and it caught the bed about perfectly. Ripped thru my newly sprayed line-x and put a nice slice thru the metal the width of the metal at that part of the ramp...Not too pissed as it's a truck bed, but that's a bit ridiculous nonetheless.

Since they are arriving at dealerships, someone will be bringing one home soon. Tell us about your modifications, upgrades, repairs and customizations!

Ed
Took of my Tremor decals, not sure if it will stay that way. I have that Black decals on stand by. 😂
Added Baja Design s1’s to my ranch hand sport bumper.

Attachments

• 0E74F77D-61BB-41B9-A1BF-2954C98CC32B.png
    0E74F77D-61BB-41B9-A1BF-2954C98CC32B.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
  • 8F3FF516-28B1-4FDC-919C-DA2C261329CF.png
    8F3FF516-28B1-4FDC-919C-DA2C261329CF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • 172B9C92-B810-47B8-B7EA-6DB3AC6855C9.jpeg
    172B9C92-B810-47B8-B7EA-6DB3AC6855C9.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 184
Took of my Tremor decals, not sure if it will stay that way. I have that Black decals on stand by. 😂
Added Baja Design s1’s to my ranch hand sport bumper.
Looks great! How have the shackles been working for your safety chains? Get much clanking around back there?

Where are these spreadsheets you speak of? On forscan website?

Got the side windows ceramic tinted to match the rest for now. Had to get rid of the green house feeling..still on the fence about tinting the entire windshield...never had it before ...gonna think on it some more. We don't have inspections here so that's not the issue...I spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere in the dark...just don't want to be too dark to see out of when there are no lights for miles.
54707.jpeg

On side note somebody had there kids blow up bounce house at the shop getting the entire thing done with protective film...thought it was an interesting application.

Got the side windows ceramic tinted to match the rest for now. Had to get rid of the green house feeling..still on the fence about tinting the entire windshield...never had it before ...gonna think on it some more. We don't have inspections here so that's not the issue...I spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere in the dark...just don't want to be too dark to see out of when there are no lights for miles.

On side note somebody had there kids blow up bounce house at the shop getting the entire thing done with protective film...thought it was an interesting application.
I went with 70% on the windshield, it is basically clear. I don't notice any issues at night time but it does also cut down on the glare from oncoming lights and from street lights. My wife who has many vision issues, doesn't seem to have an issue and wanted it on her exploder that she just got as well. If she wears her perscription sunglasses the ceramic coating then causes the distorted color bands but with the tint she doesn't need sunglasses while driving.

I went with 70% on the windshield, it is basically clear. I don't notice any issues at night time but it does also cut down on the glare from oncoming lights and from street lights. My wife who has many vision issues, doesn't seem to have an issue and wanted it on her exploder that she just got as well. If she wears her perscription sunglasses the ceramic coating then causes the distorted color bands but with the tint she doesn't need sunglasses while driving.
That another issue I worry about..I wear polarized sunglasses everywhere especially when it's raining and I am driving...trying to figure out a solution for the wife and myself...she is too short for the sun visor or a tint strip to help..lol

Ford OEM Dual Rear Wheel marker light upgrade and DIY black vinyl over the chrome tailgate handle
978032A9-BC60-47B7-9421-BB09651FDEE0.jpeg

View attachment 29557

You could always do the clear ceramic on the windshield. This way you maintain optimal night vision and heat deflection.

Received and installed bed cover. I’ve had this one (extang solid fold 2.0) on previous trucks and have been very happy with it.

11E61C1B-B4E1-4CC5-999B-8AC981DCB331.jpeg
A4F77D4A-493D-4471-8221-DE8C7202AB25.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got my Sulastic Shackles and installed them last night. Took my wife for a ride today and she couldn't believe the difference. We both agree the 350 now feels like the F150 on typical road bumps like uneven pavements, railroad crossings and the occasional washboard surface. Still feels tight and no additional sounds or other unusual feel to the ride. Very pleased with this upgrade I think it's worth the price.

1628796182176.jpeg

I took about an hour to get the first side done once I had gathered the needed tools. The order in which you perform the steps of the install is the most important part. I had to back up and do steps in a different order a couple times on the first one. The second one took about 30 minutes at a easy pace.

Best way to approach this is to loosen all fasteners before lifting the truck. Then lift the entire back end and set on jack stands under each side of the hitch frame with the tires a couple inches off the ground. You don't need to risk lifting too high because once the tire is off the ground you can remove the wheel on the side you are working on and get plenty of room to lower the axle enough to get shackle holes aligned for installing bolts. You'll have to replace the top bolts with the bolts provided with the new shackles. The new shackles are specific to the side they will work on. The top shackle bolt will have to be tightened to final torque before aligning and installing the bottom bolt. The bottom bolt can be torqued once the truck is back on the ground.

This is a very simple install with a few basic tools including a floor jack to do the raising and lowering of the axle for bolt installation. Two good jack stands are a must. You can get by with standard sockets as the sizes are almost identical fit to the metric hardware for these size fasteners.

Last edited:
Back