What did you do to your Tremor today?

Discovered the Ibex 19MSB and this review of it last night. Checked my basic boxes of no head bumping, 80" long mattress, ground clearance, pre-installed solar, and good layout for a single dude with no wasted space.

The over the top stuff:
- 400w of solar already in place and tracks installed on roof to easily add more panels or other gear
- 2000w pure sine wave inverter, so if for nothing else - big wires already there for a Victron Multi-plus upgrade
- Enclosed underbelly with heated tanks
- Poop pipe tucked way up
- This absurd suspension (beast mode suspension + beast mode package)
- Name brand tires (Ayy, Duratracs! I just took those off my truck the other day :ROFLMAO:)
- Some diamond dealer package that includes a stupid pizza oven that I'll never use
But those damn baby blue graphics.

Then I learned the 2024 19.6 NoBo is identical (if optioned) in every way but with more palatable graphics. Located a fully decked out 2024 20 miles away at a very well reviewed local dealer both in sales, parts, and service (they had probably close to 500mil on the lot including countless trendy expedition vans.. very fun visit)

Got them to roll the bloat they charge in to the list price (taxes, doc, and plate) + WDH/anti sway hitch + battery + rv starter kit with poop tube and other actually useful stuff. Their list price was equivalent to every dealer in the country with this same trailer except for one... not even feasible to drive to... whose list price was $2k lower yet pbb made up for in other fees like delivery or prep or something. Still finding it hard to believe but they reluctantly made that my new OTD price with all this other stuff. I don't think they made much money on me at all. Picking up next Saturday which is cool since I need time to find brief RV storage until I get brave enough to try and back it in to my tight driveway on a small road with blind hill.

I've only stayed in one proper campground, otherwise a few hundred nights in the middle of no where with my old popup that I had from 2016-2021. Damn confident that this thing will get to all of those same remote places and many more. Sorry for yet another long post- it's OK if no one reads it hah. I just don't make major purchases often but I've been in a damn funk since I moved away from Colorado 30-some months ago (never wanted to) and it's about time I take advantage of my remote job and finances to pursue happiness. I can now go post up anywhere on the continent for as long as I want 🙌 first trip will be to our old stomping grounds 2,000 miles away to scatter dog's ashes.

View attachment 150645
View attachment 150646
View attachment 150647
View attachment 150648

And yes this somehow has to do with what I've done to my tremor today lol. Committed it to a life of doing Tremor things instead of dicking me around like any old commuter car would/could
Niiiice! Found it through bishs. Hopefully even if you didnt reach out to Josh his videos were a big help. Hes hands down the best RV guy on the internet.

Discovered the Ibex 19MSB and this review of it last night. Checked my basic boxes of no head bumping, 80" long mattress, ground clearance, pre-installed solar, and good layout for a single dude with no wasted space.

The over the top stuff:
- 400w of solar already in place and tracks installed on roof to easily add more panels or other gear
- 2000w pure sine wave inverter, so if for nothing else - big wires already there for a Victron Multi-plus upgrade
- Enclosed underbelly with heated tanks
- Poop pipe tucked way up
- This absurd suspension (beast mode suspension + beast mode package)
- Name brand tires (Ayy, Duratracs! I just took those off my truck the other day :ROFLMAO:)
- Some diamond dealer package that includes a stupid pizza oven that I'll never use
But those damn baby blue graphics.

Then I learned the 2024 19.6 NoBo is identical (if optioned) in every way but with more palatable graphics. Located a fully decked out 2024 20 miles away at a very well reviewed local dealer both in sales, parts, and service (they had probably close to 500mil on the lot including countless trendy expedition vans.. very fun visit)

Got them to roll the bloat they charge in to the list price (taxes, doc, and plate) + WDH/anti sway hitch + battery + rv starter kit with poop tube and other actually useful stuff. Their list price was equivalent to every dealer in the country with this same trailer except for one... not even feasible to drive to... whose list price was $2k lower yet pbb made up for in other fees like delivery or prep or something. Still finding it hard to believe but they reluctantly made that my new OTD price with all this other stuff. I don't think they made much money on me at all. Picking up next Saturday which is cool since I need time to find brief RV storage until I get brave enough to try and back it in to my tight driveway on a small road with blind hill.

I've only stayed in one proper campground, otherwise a few hundred nights in the middle of no where with my old popup that I had from 2016-2021. Damn confident that this thing will get to all of those same remote places and many more. Sorry for yet another long post- it's OK if no one reads it hah. I just don't make major purchases often but I've been in a damn funk since I moved away from Colorado 30-some months ago (never wanted to) and it's about time I take advantage of my remote job and finances to pursue happiness. I can now go post up anywhere on the continent for as long as I want 🙌 first trip will be to our old stomping grounds 2,000 miles away to scatter dog's ashes.

View attachment 150645
View attachment 150646
View attachment 150647
View attachment 150648

And yes this somehow has to do with what I've done to my tremor today lol. Committed it to a life of doing Tremor things instead of dicking me around like any old commuter car would/could
Nice! Take this with a grain of salt... I recently purchased a 20' Lightning enclosed aluminum trailer which is made by Forest River. I came to that conclusion after some research and my personal experience with the crappy RV quality and customer service out there today. Numerous recommendations pointed me towards a Forest River product - not that they're perfect - but they seem to do a bit better than the others. Time will tell, but we used to own a Forest River made pontoon (South Bay) and I was impressed with that as well... I think that will be a real nice option for you.

Niiiice! Found it through bishs. Hopefully even if you didnt reach out to Josh his videos were a big help. Hes hands down the best RV guy on the internet.
Hah yep, went to Bish's website per your suggestion and quickly saw a link to some video review. Clicked other videos which sorted by newest, and there was the Ibex review just 5 days old. Quickly became a big fan of the guy... being upfront about why some feature(s) would attract or alienate buyers, poking and prodding everything, calling out shortcomings or annoyances as he sees em. And actually getting up on the roof sets him apart.
Nice! Take this with a grain of salt... I recently purchased a 20' Lightning enclosed aluminum trailer which is made by Forest River. I came to that conclusion after some research and my personal experience with the crappy RV quality and customer service out there today. Numerous recommendations pointed me towards a Forest River product - not that they're perfect - but they seem to do a bit better than the others. Time will tell, but we used to own a Forest River made pontoon (South Bay) and I was impressed with that as well... I think that will be a real nice option for you.
Forest River made my Flagstaff pop up camper (only other trailer I've had) and after entering a few other campers over the years I connected the dots. Most mfgs use builder grade garbage much like in a newly constructed subdivision. The unreliable Suburban analog thermostat that has you freezing or baking, couches that look nice for a year, mattresses that underwhelm, dinette cushions that feel like cardboard on the bottom. You notice that stuff real quick.

The camper I chose wasn't without immediate defects though. Trim scuffed where the fridge was slid in, some rubber piece joining wall and ceiling sagging, a wobbily chair, glue drops on the floor, two wood trim pieces tacked on with staples that only penetrated 1/8th of an inch and had fallen off (what were they thinking?!) All will be taken care of before I sign on the last dotted line. Can walk whenever and get deposit back. Roof has a 15 year warranty and is lined with some PVC membrane. Azdel wall panels that allegedly cannot warp. 1 year B2B will be good for me since I plan to use it for more than a few nights in that time. As long as we're leak free and the air conditioner holds up I'll be fine improving little things myself if/when they fail.

Hah yep, went to Bish's website per your suggestion and quickly saw a link to some video review. Clicked other videos which sorted by newest, and there was the Ibex review just 5 days old. Quickly became a big fan of the guy... being upfront about why some feature(s) would attract or alienate buyers, poking and prodding everything, calling out shortcomings or annoyances as he sees em. And actually getting up on the roof sets him apart.

Forest River made my Flagstaff pop up camper (only other trailer I've had) and after entering a few other campers over the years I connected the dots. Most mfgs use builder grade garbage much like in a newly constructed subdivision. The unreliable Suburban analog thermostat that has you freezing or baking, couches that look nice for a year, mattresses that underwhelm, dinette cushions that feel like cardboard on the bottom. You notice that stuff real quick.

The camper I chose wasn't without immediate defects though. Trim scuffed where the fridge was slid in, some rubber piece joining wall and ceiling sagging, a wobbily chair, glue drops on the floor, two wood trim pieces tacked on with staples that only penetrated 1/8th of an inch and had fallen off (what were they thinking?!) All will be taken care of before I sign on the last dotted line. Can walk whenever and get deposit back. Roof has a 15 year warranty and is lined with some PVC membrane. Azdel wall panels that allegedly cannot warp. 1 year B2B will be good for me since I plan to use it for more than a few nights in that time. As long as we're leak free and the air conditioner holds up I'll be fine improving little things myself if/when they fail.
I live full time in a camper. Been doing it for 5 years now since I travel so much for work. Just have it parked in my shop at home 95% of the time. I tried to go higher end with a grand design on the first one thinking the higher cost would mean more quality. In the first few weeks the fridge died and the computer board it needed was backordered for a few months. They finally got it and fixed it under warranty but still. When I looked more into the construction of all the RVs I learned how most of them are all built like junk and use the same appliances no matter how expensive you go.

The second one I've had for over a year now and I went for a cheaper XLR toy hauler made by forest river. I've had no issues so far and figure with the savings of a cheaper brand I can just upgrade things as needed.

Sure they insulation isn't as good but whatever it's kept indoors most of the time so not a huge deal.

By going for a cheaper brand I was able to get a huge toy hauler for half the price and significantly less weight.

I saw Josh's videos years ago and yea he's a salesman but he does seem like an honest guy at least from what he presents on his channel.

I tried to go higher end with a grand design on the first one thinking the higher cost would mean more quality
I think you hit the nail on the head here...

Added a color matching Job Box to the F350 to store the chains, extra winch extension cables and snatch blocks

1711746419675.png

Pulled off my track bar and adjusted it to center the axle under the truck.. only took 2 turns to get the axle centered but boy was it annoying me

Also @Blade420Play mentioned in one of my previous posts that my tire was leaning quite a bit so while I was doing the track bar i adjusted the caster shim turning it a little bit so the notch is pointing slightly towards the tire. Looks to have fixed it but no I can’t tell if it is leaning the other way….
Before

IMG_1757.jpeg

After

IMG_1840.jpeg

Pulled off my track bar and adjusted it to center the axle under the truck.. only took 2 turns to get the axle centered but boy was it annoying me

Also @Blade420Play mentioned in one of my previous posts that my tire was leaning quite a bit so while I was doing the track bar i adjusted the caster shim turning it a little bit so the notch is pointing slightly towards the tire. Looks to have fixed it but no I can’t tell if it is leaning the other way….
Before

View attachment 150684
After

View attachment 150685
Looks good to me now 😉

IMG_1708.jpeg

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1707.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg
IMG_1702.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpeg

Also added the 50W GMRS radio for an upcoming trip.

TBH it’s not finalized because I was in a bit of a rush but the hard part (wiring) is complete.

I opted to put the main unit under the drivers seat rain the wire/ cable through the floor under the vinyl floor down a penetration in the drivers footwell and up into the engine bay.

Wiring reach the drivers side battery but of course there are no places to mount a ring connector on that side….

Quick trip to NAPA and I extended the power wire to the passenger side battery where there is a connection point. I grounded the cable on the passenger side ground that was already there so no need to extend that side of the cable.

I originally wanted to go through the firewall but that seemed impossible. The floor worked out fantastic so far.

I will build a better bracket for the radio under the seat and eventually extend the mic cable to a female jack up front but for now the mic is within easy reach sitting in the cup holder on the back of the center console.

View attachment 150783
View attachment 150784
View attachment 150788
View attachment 150785View attachment 150786View attachment 150787
Also added the 50W GMRS radio for an upcoming trip.

TBH it’s not finalized because I was in a bit of a rush but the hard part (wiring) is complete.

I opted to put the main unit under the drivers seat rain the wire/ cable through the floor under the vinyl floor down a penetration in the drivers footwell and up into the engine bay.

Wiring reach the drivers side battery but of course there are no places to mount a ring connector on that side….

Quick trip to NAPA and I extended the power wire to the passenger side battery where there is a connection point. I grounded the cable on the passenger side ground that was already there so no need to extend that side of the cable.

I originally wanted to go through the firewall but that seemed impossible. The floor worked out fantastic so far.

I will build a better bracket for the radio under the seat and eventually extend the mic cable to a female jack up front but for now the mic is within easy reach sitting in the cup holder on the back of the center console.
Update. I actually found a mic cable extension kicking around my garage so I pulled the side panels in the center of the truck out ran the extension behind them up into the center console and installed the mic on my dash. I might just tack down the radio under the seat and call this one done done.
IMG_1713.jpeg

I'm got my name on his list with the downpayment.....just waiting for him to message me saying it's my turn. When did you put your deposit down? His work is amazing that's a sweet console lid.
I put my deposit down on 10/22/23. He nailed the time it would take for delivery to me which was early last week, just got around to putting it on this weekend.

When you take your cover off to send to him, be careful popping off the plastic cover on the bottom of the lid to not break any of the tabs. I was being careful but broke one up by the latch but I was able to make a repair to it using some super glue.

I have a buddy of mine that is into leatherwork and he looked at it hard and said he did amazing work. The detail he did to the antlers is cool. Seth also sews his cover to your lid, not glued like some do.

Back