What did you do to your Tremor today?

Decided to do a tire rotation.
And once again the Tremor did not disappoint - in being a complete pain in the ass.

all 4 wheels welded to the hubs. What should have been a 30 minute tire swap turned into a 2.5 hr celebrity death match.
Beat the piss out of all 4 tires with a 12 lb sledge hammer. FFS. Then wire wheel to clean up the centers and coating everything with anti seize.

But on the bright side. Iconic silver still looks awesome when it's covered in dust and dirt.

20230913_165651.jpg

And once again the Tremor did not disappoint - in being a complete pain in the ass.

all 4 wheels welded to the hubs. What should have been a 30 minute tire swap turned into a 2.5 hr celebrity death match.
Beat the piss out of all 4 tires with a 12 lb sledge hammer. FFS. Then wire wheel to clean up the centers and coating everything with anti seize.

But on the bright side. Iconic silver still looks awesome when it's covered in dust and dirt.

View attachment 130552
Dang man, sorry you are always having issues with seemingly routine projects. On the other hand, I am super jealous of your lift and garage set up!

I haven't tested it tonight been a crazy night but no rubbing anywhere normal driving or the market parking lot. I plan on testing tmm I'm assuming it'll hit Sway bar and radius arms already have a .375" bora hubcentric wheel spacers on order in case.

I’m familiar because i had these tires and when i put them on a stock tremor with +18 method wheels they still rubbed on the sway bar. And your oem wheels are +40, even closer to it. Hopefully that level you have gives you more clearance but it might be a close call.

I’m familiar because i had these tires and when i put them on a stock tremor with +18 method wheels they still rubbed on the sway bar. And your oem wheels are +40, even closer to it. Hopefully that level you have gives you more clearance but it might be a close cacall.
So it seems the .375" spacer more then likely I'll still be getting contact on the Sway bar but should have a pretty good range prior to it touching. Eventually I'll get aftermarket wheels with 0 offset but for now I can't really find anything to my liking.

View attachment 130552
I put a light smear of grease on the mating surfaces to keep em from sticking. Anything will work but I usually have a half used tub of blue marine lithium or red bearing grease on the shelf.

View attachment 130552
2 things 1 you need a bfh ( bigger fuckin hammer) lol and 2 anti-seize the hubs, I use copper anti-seize my wheels literally fall off once I pull the last lug

View attachment 130552
Yep. Check out my post from last week above (#5732). I will be pulling each wheel off and coating with anti-seize as recommended...

Yep. Check out my post from last week above (#5732). I will be pulling each wheel off and coating with anti-seize as recommended...

After I removed all the lug nuts, I consider doing a few donuts in the yard to see if that would break the wheels loose.
Your method is probably a little safer.

This really is just one more point for some Method 701HD's (non hub centric).
Anyone near MN need a set of Tremor rims. I'll toss in the mostly bald tires too for free. :giggle:

Where did you tap your lights into?
Into to front drivers side side marker light. Pulled the plug off the headlight and used a light tester to find the correct wires

From my experience, it's always the rear wheels that fuse the hub. I've been using anti-seize now, which fixed the problem.

I’d definitely buy the lugs from you if priced reasonably, I don’t trust eBay

Happen to hear anything from gorilla?

@Lunch Box @F450_on_44s @Cux211 @JJH @HALL250 @Nick@ApolloOptics

Sorry for the delay guys. We've been absolutely slammed the last few days, but I wanted to do some digging into this. I was hoping there was a nice, itemized "kit" from Gorilla for these, but unfortunately they only sell them as a "bulk" option.

I'll be putting together a kit on the site soon for the kits.

We will offer chrome and black. Black or chrome is $125 shipped for the full kit. I will get them on the site soon, but if anyone would like to order a kit in the meantime, we have plenty available and can get them ordered. Just send me a PM and we can get it handled.

@HALL250 @F450_on_44s @Lunch Box

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay guys. We've been absolutely slammed the last few days, but I wanted to do some digging into this. I was hoping there was a nice, itemized "kit" from Gorilla for these, but unfortunately they only sell them as a "bulk" option.

I'll be putting together a kit on the site soon for the kits.

We will offer chrome and black. Black or chrome is $125 shipped for the full kit. I will get them on the site soon, but if anyone would like to order a kit in the meantime, we have plenty available and can get them ordered. Just send me a PM and we can get it handled.

@HALL250 @F450_on_44s @Lunch Box
I just had these black gorilla lug nuts put on my truck yesterday when I got new tires. The tire shop hughly recommended and only works with gorilla. I love the black gorilla lug nuts it was just about the last piece of chrome on the truck to be removed.

I’ve done a lot…not all today.

PMF 2” reverse level with airbags. Daystar cradles for the bags.

PMF dual steering stabilizer with Bilstein’s

Factory shocks and stabilizer switched to Bilstein’s

Bed rug and retrax

F150 LEDs Paladin and 2 Diode Dynamic lights up front and in rear. All on upfitter switches as well as a high idle.

315/70R18 Toyo MT’s

Mongoose and FDRS module updates for full screen CarPlay. May sell mongoose soon.

Added a bed rack for a 10 day hunt coming up this week.

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpeg
    IMG_4027.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3802.jpeg
    IMG_3802.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 105
Are those hubs free or locked only, meaning you have to get out and lock them if you need 4wd ?
Yes, they are not vacuum operated like the stock hubs. You have to get out and manually lock them. I have the same hubs on my truck in gray color.

Back