What did you do to your Tremor today?

Love the mods... I'm curious, what were the key factors that led you to choose PPE over say other options (e.g., Banks differential cover)?
I have a Banks diff cover on the rear, banks does not make a front diff cover. So I liked PPE for the trans as it holds 8 extra quarts and is stout. Only about 3/4 inch more depth. The stock pan has a rake toward the rear
The oil pan matches and holds 1 quart extra. Did the front diff to match the rest.

7.3 needs a section of the pan raised up to clear the exhaust running under it. AFE is for the 7.3 (or 6.7 I would assume?) and the PPE is for the 6.7 only. PPE nailed it on this with the groove for the o ring (just like banks on the rear diff cover). No rtv needed unlike the afe pan that requires it. that was a deal breaker for me on the AFE, I have trust issues with myself making a reliable seal with a bead of rtv.
0E7EB8CF-D9DA-481B-A6D9-71882BE57CFF.jpeg
C9692F2F-ECCD-488C-82D3-5328FCA55005.jpeg

Last edited:
Xpel full front PPF and rockers, full exterior and interior ceramic. I’m in love.

I never liked the glossy mirror caps on my truck compared to the rest of the mirror housing. I took my truck over to my buddy Greg at Patriot Auto Detail and had him put the Xpel Stealth film on them. Not sure of the look currently but closer to what I had in my mind. I think it will grow on me.

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

Xpel full front PPF and rockers, full exterior and interior ceramic. I’m in love.
You’ll love it, I had my entire truck done. It took my installer a week. He has about 18 yrs on PPF install under his belt. He did a great job.

Installed Banks CAI and color matched mirror caps. Took mirrors off and did it the long way so I wouldn't break the tab, unfortunately I broke the lower mirror on passenger side :mad:. $22 for an aftermarket to get me through a trip, then will decide if $100 OEM is worth it.
CAI went flawless and took less than an hour.
20230317_184759.jpg
20230317_165544.jpg
20230317_140516.jpg

I never liked the glossy mirror caps on my truck compared to the rest of the mirror housing. I took my truck over to my buddy Greg at Patriot Auto Detail and had him put the Xpel Stealth film on them. Not sure of the look currently but closer to what I had in my mind. I think it will grow on me.

View attachment 115556
View attachment 115557
Those look nice. If they do end up changing or bothering you, just buy XLT mirror caps. Around $25 each. They match the lower housing exactly. This does look nice though

Those look nice. If they do end up changing or bothering you, just buy XLT mirror caps. Around $25 each. They match the lower housing exactly. This does look nice though
Thanks. That is good info to know.

You guys are way ahead of me as I was thinking of how to get the matte finish as well. Are there similar options for the grill as the BAP grill is gloss as well.

You guys are way ahead of me as I was thinking of how to get the matte finish as well. Are there similar options for the grill as the BAP grill is gloss as well.
No clue. I only looked into the mirror cap aspect. I have a platinum and like some of the shiny parts, but other parts drive me nuts. So I’ve been slowly deleting the chrome/satin parts I don’t like. Mirror caps were swapped within 2 hours of having the truck home. Haha

Vecman, do you have a part number for the XLT mirror caps or where did you purchase yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Vecman, do you have a part number for the XLT mirror caps or where did you purchase yours from if you don't mind me asking?
I got them from Ford directly. Part numbers should be in my build thread I believe. Let me know if you can’t find it and I can look

Latest Discussions

Back