What are you pulling?

jandpwags

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Army 1SG (R), 1990-2010, JROTC AI 2010-Present, ODS and OIF, Scouts Out!!! If you ain't Cav, you aint.....
Current Ride
2021 F350 Tremor Blacked out with Lariat Ultimate Package, 6.7l
I bought the F350 Lariat Ultimate Blackout Tremor SRW with the 6.7l and should receive it next week. After we get the truck, we are buying a new 5ver. Is anyone pulling a Solitude or Riverstone?

When we travel, it will just be my wife and I in the truck. All our "stuff", except maybe 20 pounds, will be in the RV. That is how we have always pulled.

If you follow the 20% rule for hitch pin weight, and you are pulling a 16,000 lb 5ver, then that is about 3200 on the pin. I dont know what my hitch pin rating will be until I get the truck and see the stickers. I trust the GVWR stickers as much as I trust a toothless meth head in downtown Portland during a BLM March, but.....is anyone pulling something over hitch pin rating and if so, by how much? If my truck comes in with a 3600 payload, and my hitch pin weight is 3200, you add my fat ass at 235 with my other passenger at 150, then I will be at 3585. Still legal, yes, but....... but what am I missing? The truck has no problem pulling the 17k down the road but what are the ramifications of being close to, or slightly over, pin weight?

"The truck has no problem pulling the 17k down the road but what are the ramifications of being close to, or slightly over, pin weight?"

None, as long as you never have a serious accident. If you do then all bets are off - it's a legal jungle out there. You're way too close to the fire as I see it - no margin of error. That placard is what they will hang you by. In fact, your 5er hitch may put you over the edge. Time for Jenny Craig, a dually, or a smaller 5er.
An ORV Glacier Peak 28RKS has a dry pin weight of 2375.

Last edited:
I bought the F350 Lariat Ultimate Blackout Tremor SRW with the 6.7l and should receive it next week. After we get the truck, we are buying a new 5ver. Is anyone pulling a Solitude or Riverstone?

When we travel, it will just be my wife and I in the truck. All our "stuff", except maybe 20 pounds, will be in the RV. That is how we have always pulled.

If you follow the 20% rule for hitch pin weight, and you are pulling a 16,000 lb 5ver, then that is about 3200 on the pin. I dont know what my hitch pin rating will be until I get the truck and see the stickers. I trust the GVWR stickers as much as I trust a toothless meth head in downtown Portland during a BLM March, but.....is anyone pulling something over hitch pin rating and if so, by how much? If my truck comes in with a 3600 payload, and my hitch pin weight is 3200, you add my fat ass at 235 with my other passenger at 150, then I will be at 3585. Still legal, yes, but....... but what am I missing? The truck has no problem pulling the 17k down the road but what are the ramifications of being close to, or slightly over, pin weight?
I have a new Tremor 350, got it in November and my Solitude in December. We've pulled the Solitude with it over 4000miles so far and no issues. My Solitude is a 3550BH with pin weight rating of 2600lbs. I haven't taken it to the scales but try to put stuff in it such that it's got some weight in the rear storage area to balance out stuff in the passthrough. I also use an Andersen Ultimate Hitch (like 35lbs vs 250lbs) and put all cargo in the trailer, not the truck.

The 6.7 does amazing pulling this rig whether it's on a flat highway, with a crosswind or even up a 6% grade like the grapevine in southern Cali. I can frequently pass cars that, for some reason, go 55 or 60mph without any effort. You'll love the truck and the camper!

20210101_092103.jpg
20210101_141708.jpg
20201226_152342.jpg

I have a new Tremor 350, got it in November and my Solitude in December. We've pulled the Solitude with it over 4000miles so far and no issues. My Solitude is a 3550BH with pin weight rating of 2600lbs. I haven't taken it to the scales but try to put stuff in it such that it's got some weight in the rear storage area to balance out stuff in the passthrough. I also use an Andersen Ultimate Hitch (like 35lbs vs 250lbs) and put all cargo in the trailer, not the truck.

The 6.7 does amazing pulling this rig whether it's on a flat highway, with a crosswind or even up a 6% grade like the grapevine in southern Cali. I can frequently pass cars that, for some reason, go 55 or 60mph without any effort. You'll love the truck and the camper!

View attachment 19128View attachment 19129View attachment 19130

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 32
Nice taste

Nice taste
Awesome truck - love the black. I wanted the Platinum bells/whistle so have the chrome and satin stuff. But she's perfect.

Note that I did add airbags to the truck. Not because of the way she pulled but because there is no easy way to fix the aim of the headlights and the LEDs are so bright (an annoying I guess) pretty much everyone coming at me would flash their brights when I was pulling. Easy install on the airbags. I'm actually putting the compressor on this weekend. :)

Next up will be a 60 gallon S&B fuel tank (it's backordered 3 weeks!).

3600 is very optimistic for that truck. I think you’ll be in the upper 3200s or low 3300s

Awesome truck - love the black. I wanted the Platinum bells/whistle so have the chrome and satin stuff. But she's perfect.

Note that I did add airbags to the truck. Not because of the way she pulled but because there is no easy way to fix the aim of the headlights and the LEDs are so bright (an annoying I guess) pretty much everyone coming at me would flash their brights when I was pulling. Easy install on the airbags. I'm actually putting the compressor on this weekend. :)

Next up will be a 60 gallon S&B fuel tank (it's backordered 3 weeks!).
What type of bags? I watched the video of that 60 gal being out in. Can you imagine getting 1200 miles to a tank with normal driving? What a beast. I wanted the Platinum because that's what I am currently in, but that blackout package was to sweet to pass up. I have this hood on the way.
"The truck has no problem pulling the 17k down the road but what are the ramifications of being close to, or slightly over, pin weight?"

None, as long as you never have a serious accident. If you do then all bets are off - it's a legal jungle out there. You're way too close to the fire as I see it - no margin of error. That placard is what they will hang you by. In fact, your 5er hitch may put you over the edge. Time for Jenny Craig, a dually, or a smaller 5er.
An ORV Glacier Peak 28RKS has a dry pin weight of 2375.
Thanks

What type of bags? I watched the video of that 60 gal being out in. Can you imagine getting 1200 miles to a tank with normal driving? What a beast. I wanted the Platinum because that's what I am currently in, but that blackout package was to sweet to pass up. I have this hood on the way.

Thanks
Airlift 5000Xl pro series and I'm going to install the Wireless AIR EZMount compressor with remote this weekend.

And yes - the range with the tank when not towing will be unbelievable. Towing it should be about as much as I want to drive in a given day. It will be nice to have!

I am actually analyzing similar situation with payload capacity. Just ordered a new build, 2021 Alliance Valor 36v11. (trading in the jayco 340drok). It has a advertised hitch weight of 2875 (Valor). I am thinking the polaris UTV in garage will off set some pin weight off the hitch. It's a 4-6 month before delivery. Will not know for sure until go to cat scales. I am hoping for payload capacity on the f350 3400 or above
I too will have the airlift 5000 installed.

I am actually analyzing similar situation with payload capacity. Just ordered a new build, 2021 Alliance Valor 36v11. (trading in the jayco 340drok). It has a advertised hitch weight of 2875 (Valor). I am thinking the polaris UTV in garage will off set some pin weight off the hitch. It's a 4-6 month before delivery. Will not know for sure until go to cat scales. I am hoping for payload capacity on the f350 3400 or above
I too will have the airlift 5000 installed.

What are your options? 3400 on a 6.7L F350 with some options isn't impossible, although you likely won't get that number with every option.

Words to live by! DW doesn't have a clue a Tremor
will be in her driveway in a month! :ROFLMAO:

It's been nice knowing y'all!
Lol. I showed mine the picture and said it is on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 10
One of the big reasons I went with the 7.3 was because I needed to payload for my 5 the wheel.
there were other reason too, but didn’t want to get over loaded like I was with my diesel

516A0ADA-E6C5-4D1D-BD60-064AC28DF83C.jpeg

I’ll be hauling this one again as soon as snow melts and campgrounds open. Can’t wait to tow with the Tremor. Only towed with the Tahoe. And it was right to the limit for that. 29 foot Keystone Outback Ultralight. 680 lb. tongue weight. 6900 dry. Hoping to get a golf cart and haul it in the bed of the truck wherever we go. Right behind ours is a beautiful North Point by Jayco 5th wheel. This was our first time out with the Travel Trailer and we fell in love with the North Point as soon as we pulled in and actually became good friends with the family. I got the specs off their trailer that day. That is part of the reason I got the Tremor. It will be able to haul that. And I know after a full season in ours my wife will want to upgrade. So, I told her I better get the truck now so as soon as she decides she wants that, we will be ready ??. Worked like a charm!

We just picked up a momentum 350G toy hauler about 2 1/2 weeks ago, unfortunately it’s been at the dealer about 2 weeks now trying to get the fridge fixed, but that’s another story. Anyways, digging through the paperwork while going through the warranty process I found a slip from the factory where it looks like they weighed it. With a generator up front it came in about 200lbs over the advertised hitch weight right at 2,800 lbs. we’ll see how accurate that is when I take it to the scales, but I thought some of y’all in the market for new RV’s would find that useful, seems like Grand design is fairly accurate with their advertised hitch weights.
93A23502-17D9-4D55-98BA-234AB635F2BC.jpeg

We just picked up a momentum 350G toy hauler about 2 1/2 weeks ago, unfortunately it’s been at the dealer about 2 weeks now trying to get the fridge fixed, but that’s another story. Anyways, digging through the paperwork while going through the warranty process I found a slip from the factory where it looks like they weighed it. With a generator up front it came in about 200lbs over the advertised hitch weight right at 2,800 lbs. we’ll see how accurate that is when I take it to the scales, but I thought some of y’all in the market for new RV’s would find that useful, seems like Grand design is fairly accurate with their advertised hitch weights. View attachment 19399
That is the exact camper I have been wanting. The wife and I looked at it last summer but decided to wait until she gets out of school before pulling the trigger. We wouldn’t be able to use it much until she gets done with her schedule the way it is and COVID changing the schedule all the time. Enjoy that rig bro!!

Latest Discussions

Back