What’s up with the chrome tail gate handle?

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
I would have thought that if you order the sport package that would mean you did not want any chrome? Why is the handle the only thing still chrome on a truck with no chrome?
I may get it wrapped in some matte black but come on Ford, what the heck?

Masked mine off and roughed it up and painted with primer and mat black Krylon spray paint. The other option as well is to buy an XL handle and replace. I think all of those are black.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 63
That’s not a bad idea to paint it! I saw pics in your other post and the truck looks amazing! Nice job!

I agree. Little things that make you scratch your head. Mat black mags, glossy black hub covers, and chrome nuts...

Has anyone attempted to paint the lug nuts yet? thinking i may try that when i go at the tailgate handle

I'm going to paint my exhaust tip with high temp primer and black. If it doesn't turn out good or last long I will just buy a new black tip.

Trying to find black wheel nuts to replace the chrome ones. Just need to verify the thread pitch on the lugs. I think Ford changed them at some point in the last few years. I'll also try to "black chrome' wrap the tailgate handle to hopefully match the ford emblem color

Trying to find black wheel nuts to replace the chrome ones. Just need to verify the thread pitch on the lugs. I think Ford changed them at some point in the last few years. I'll also try to "black chrome' wrap the tailgate handle to hopefully match the ford emblem color
Thats the route im taking as well, just getting a replacement set of black ones. 8x170mm 1.5s

Thats the route im taking as well, just getting a replacement set of black ones. 8x170mm 1.5s
8x170 mm in the bolt spacing pattern. I think the lug nut thread pitch is 14mm x 1.5 but I'm not sure.

Back