Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
ex army, PPCLI
Current Ride
2021 tremor f350 platinum 6.7
Current Ride #2
2019 jeep wrangler, 2017 Z06 2016 challanger Hellcat
I was going to put on a stock one I got from a wrecked truck, but I figured why toss a used part on a new truck, and went and picked up a hellwig kit. Wasn’t designed for the tremor specifically so it did take some minor trimming to get it to fit, but man what a difference. Still feels stock over bumps, but handles so much better and I only have it set on the middle hole instead of the firm setting. This thing is 3x as thick as a stock f350 sway bar, and the coating on it looks great. Didn’t get many pics while installing it, but here’s a little pic of it done. I’ll get better pics tomorrow as it’s already dark out.

Attachments

• 7988E940-2076-494C-A94C-7854075E8BE4.jpeg
    7988E940-2076-494C-A94C-7854075E8BE4.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 855
I was going to put on a stock one I got from a wrecked truck, but I figured why toss a used part on a new truck, and went and picked up a hellwig kit. Wasn’t designed for the tremor specifically so it did take some minor trimming to get it to fit, but man what a difference. Still feels stock over bumps, but handles so much better and I only have it set on the middle hole instead of the firm setting. This thing is 3x as thick as a stock f350 sway bar, and the coating on it looks great. Didn’t get many pics while installing it, but here’s a little pic of it done. I’ll get better pics tomorrow as it’s already dark out.
Please post some pictures and a little more specific on the trimming? I have the same kit on order, its coming direct but they told me a few weeks to get it. I am looking forward to it.

I am new to the 250 world and have purchased a diesel Tremor and a truck camper rated right at 3,000 Lbs. Do i Need sway bars? I think the truck is rated for either 3K or 3800Lbs. Heavy duty tow package which I am not sure if that means it has the goose neck option in that package or not. It is not listed separately.

I am new to the 250 world and have purchased a diesel Tremor and a truck camper rated right at 3,000 Lbs. Do i Need sway bars? I think the truck is rated for either 3K or 3800Lbs. Heavy duty tow package which I am not sure if that means it has the goose neck option in that package or not. It is not listed separately.
Your cargo capacity is on your door pillar, don't think it's possible to get a 3000+ capacity with a 250. Mine is 3650 with a 350.

I also have a truck camper. I'm going to try without a sway bar with a combination of stable loads and air bags. I'm going to try it this was because I already have them... but will probably need the sway bar. Carrying a truck camper is quite top heavy so a sway bar is a big benefit.

Looking at the Ford towing guide, the F-250 Diesel Tremor has a cargo capacity of 2,233#, the F-350 is 2,810#. The F-250 7.3L Tremor has a cargo capacity of 2,102#, the F-350 is 3,373#. These numbers are assuming you have the slide-in camper package, so probably lower if not, depending on what the HD tow package includes.

Last edited:
My F250 payload with heavy duty tow is rated just over 2,700 lbs. This value is not to exceed and includes tongue, cargo, and passenger weight combined. As Hedge mentioned, you may want to review your payload capacity sticker to confirm your limits.

The payload capacity limit was the main reason I traded my Raptor. Even though it drove fine with a WDH, there was too much to risk should I have gotten into an accident and someone got hurt.

Looking at the Ford towing guide, the F-250 Diesel Tremor has a cargo capacity of 2,233#, the F-350 is 2,810#. The F-250 7.3L Tremor has a cargo capacity of 2,102#, the F-350 is 3,373#. These numbers are assuming you have the slide-in camper package, so probably lower if not, depending on what the HD tow package includes.
Those numbers seem low, lots of cargo stickers are higher than that. Every truck has a different cargo capacity because it's GVWR - weight of truck empty. Every option causes a weight difference so thus the varying cargo capacities.

You also can't get a camper package with the Tremor.

My F250 payload with heavy duty tow is rated just over 2,700 lbs. This value is not to exceed and includes tongue, cargo, and passenger weight combined. As Hedge mentioned, you may want to review your payload capacity sticker to confirm your limits.

The payload capacity limit was the main reason I traded my Raptor. Even though it drove fine with a WDH, there was too much to risk should I have gotten into an accident and someone got hurt.
Where do I find the number specific to my truck?

Those numbers seem low, lots of cargo stickers are higher than that. Every truck has a different cargo capacity because it's GVWR - weight of truck empty. Every option causes a weight difference so thus the varying cargo capacities.

Where do I get the payload number specific to my truck?

The never to exceed weight rating on my truck is 2762 and the truck camper is 2835 wet. Seems with two passengers and baggage above what lance may include in their wet weight I will be over by around 500 lbs. I am having air bags installed prior to loading the camper. Any thoughts?

Yea, I thought the numbers seemed low, but in the slide-in camper section of the 2021 tow guide, they a have a superscript #6 reference that points to the Tremor option... there is another footnote #1 which references the whole table as, with Camper package. I think there is a member or two here that did get the Camper package with their 2020 Tremor, if I am not mistaking (could be?).

One other thing is that the position of a topper places a different load on the front/rear axles due to the position which is why the camper rating may be lower than the "payload" rating. Food for thought.

The never to exceed weight rating on my truck is 2762 and the truck camper is 2835 wet. Seems with two passengers and baggage above what lance may include in their wet weight I will be over by around 500 lbs. I am having air bags installed prior to loading the camper. Any thoughts?
Thoughts? Overweight is overweight ... if you get into an accident you'll be screwed. Sorry. I believe the 1st 150# is included for the vehicle driver within the payload weight on your sticker.

I think you'll be exceeding GVWR, probably RAWR but should be under tire capacity. Not sure what camper it is but unfortunately most manufacturers are optimistic with there weight ratings. if you go to Truck camper magazine and then their buyers guide they give a pretty good estimate of 'ready to camp' weights.

It's up to you what ratings you feel comfortable exceeding.

Yea, I thought the numbers seemed low, but in the slide-in camper section of the 2021 tow guide, they a have a superscript #6 reference that points to the Tremor option... there is another footnote #1 which references the whole table as, with Camper package. I think there is a member or two here that did get the Camper package with their 2020 Tremor, if I am not mistaking (could be?).
Yes there is a sometimes a camper certification label in the glove box that is lower again than the payload. We don't even get that label up here in Canada. Most with truck campers ignore it.

Never heard of a Tremor with a camper package, all it is is slightly heavier springs and a rear sway bar. Doesn't make much sense to put a rear sway bar on a truck aimed at off road.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to cause trouble... just trying to keep a brother out of future trouble...

Actually, it's up to the lawyers as to which rating they stick by to sue you.
Alarmists have been claiming that for years on rv forums etc, never heard of an actual case of it happening. I'm not going to give legal advice but clearly GVWR is a made up number when you consider an F450 DRW has the same GVWR as an F350 GVWR, also what about derate options etc. I don't believe DOT goes by GVWR, it's tires and axles.

I'm in Alberta which is kind of the wild west. BC does list GVWR in their documentation but I've seen many rigs over and they don't get stopped, I think you need to really stand out as unsafe.

Back