Welcome to the new Camping Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're hoping for a new Outdoor Rv Travel Trailer. The model we want should be in production this fall. I'm concerned about opening the Tailgate when I'm hitched up. On my current Trailer using a Blue Ox hitch, this isn't a problem, but looking at the new one it is. What do you suggest ..

tempImageAQl0iB.jpg

Where do you think they are getting in at? I've read the same thing @BigV suggested about the fabric softener sheets and also peppermint oil-soaked cotton balls to prevent mice.

Maybe something like this would work?
Fresh Cab Botanical Rodent Repellent - Environmentally Friendly, Keeps Mice Out, 4 Scent Pouches

That I’m not sure about yet. I mean, a full grown adult opossum is bigger than a cat. I’m sure it’d have to be a slide somehow but I’m really stumped on that. Still haven’t gone to look so I’m guessing it chewed it’s way in.

I’ll give the bags a shot, Ty.

Pretty random but I once read that for mice and such, fabric softener sheets are a deterrent. We’ve used them for years since and had good luck. Also, I recently read that Irish Spring bar soap is a deterrent…go figure. Good Luck!

Yeah I actually put those around the skirt already as they are awesome for deterring wasps.

I put them in the power boxes at campgrounds, too. Nice to unplug without fear.

We're hoping for a new Outdoor Rv Travel Trailer. The model we want should be in production this fall. I'm concerned about opening the Tailgate when I'm hitched up. On my current Trailer using a Blue Ox hitch, this isn't a problem, but looking at the new one it is. What do you suggest ..

View attachment 52449

I’ve seen a few people comment on being able to open their tailgate using the weigh safe wd hitch.

I’ve seen a few people comment on being able to open their tailgate using the weigh safe wd hitch.
This is one aspect that has me leaning towards the weigh safe once we purchase our RV.

Pretty random but I once read that for mice and such, fabric softener sheets are a deterrent. We’ve used them for years since and had good luck. Also, I recently read that Irish Spring bar soap is a deterrent…go figure. Good Luck!
I used this approach when we stored our boat off-site for years. Not 100% conclusive but never had an issue... Moth balls are another way but they don't smell as nice!

Yeah I actually put those around the skirt already as they are awesome for deterring wasps.

I put them in the power boxes at campgrounds, too. Nice to unplug without fear.
I also use a dog tick & flea collar inside the vents for my fridge and on demand hot water heater. Wasps, mud dobbers, spiders and other insects don’t like the odor of the collars. So far it works, just passing it forward.

Last edited:
@CM1995 Glad to hear everything went smooth on your first trip. That camping spot looks awesome! What's the tongue weight on your trailer? What helper springs are you running?

Thanks Modified. I haven't measured the tongue weight of the trailer but the trailer grosses around 10K with all our stuff. Tremor handled it better than the truck it's replacing, an '18 350 with air bags.

Next week going to hook up our 305 Cat mini behind her and see how she does. That load comes in around 15K on a pintle hitch however it's easy to balance the load.

I was referring to the upper stock leaf on rear, I've always called that the helper spring.

View attachment 52449
With a Weigh Safe Weight Distribution hitch you will be able to open your tailgate no problem. I have a ATC 24' bumper pull, this is what I use and opening the tailgate was another great feature that got me to buy their hitch. Best WD hitch I have owned.

link:

1652818680615.png

Well, it finally arrived after waiting 18 months. We picked up our Black Series HQ21 in Linden, UT a few weeks ago. Overall, I really like her, though really wish she came with a manual of sorts. I was also a bit surprised at how badly she swayed with a cross wind and the anti-sway message popped up a few times.....just slowed her down a bit.

I have a questions for the group.

Does anyone have any luck with using the Pro Trailer Back Up Assist Package with an articulating hitch? We installed a McHitch on this beast and I cannot get the proper measurements to be able to use the rotary knob for steering. I am considering manufacturing a clip on plate for the calibration sticker you affix to the trailer frame, likely on the hand brake.
Tremor with HQ21.jpeg

Also considering finding a good table maker. I am a bit disappointed in the overall dinette table design, typical particle board construction with laminate. It works, but really detracts from the overall quality looks, in my opinion.

Pending ideas and thoughts.
Matt

Last edited:
With a Weigh Safe Weight Distribution hitch you will be able to open your tailgate no problem. I have a ATC 24' bumper pull, this is what I use and opening the tailgate was another great feature that got me to buy their hitch. Best WD hitch I have owned.

link:

View attachment 52717

You're my hero ..!! Exactly what I was looking for .. Thank You for this ..

Headed out on Friday, got her on our seasonal site no troubles.

The Tremor gave me 14.8 MPG on the way up with a full heavy load with cruise set at 71 MPH on the freeway and 55 on the highway ( two lane back roads ) .

coming home empty it went well over 20 MPG going 78 MPH with the cruise set. I paid $4.99 per gal for diesel.

Since last time towing this rig I added the Banks Monster 5" exhaust and the Banks cold air intake kit, I believe both components helped me gain a few extra MPGs, no sound difference except a touch more on the intake side.
IMG_0852.jpeg
67492940408__2417765C-7F66-4BDA-859C-730ECF39F46E.jpeg

That’s good to hear on the dryer sheets and soap. I had an encounter with a mouse exploring my engine bay at the farm this weekend. Does anyone know if Ford uses soy based materials to wrap the wires? All looks well but I need something to keep them out of there. High frequency sound maybe.

The Tremor gave me 14.8 MPG on the way up with a full heavy load with cruise set at 71 MPH on the freeway and 55 on the highway ( two lane back roads ) .

coming home empty it went well over 20 MPG going 78 MPH with the cruise set. I paid $4.99 per gal for diesel.

Since last time towing this rig I added the Banks Monster 5" exhaust and the Banks cold air intake kit, I believe both components helped me gain a few extra MPGs, no sound difference except a touch more on the intake side.

I get 10 mpg hand calculated since lie meter was 2mpg off with a camper half as heavy as yours.

My wife and I wedding anniversary was this week so we went to a more fancy camping resort than we normally would. Carolina pines RV resort near Myrtle beach SC. This place is awesome and has all the amenities you would expect from a resort. No Tremor yet but here is a pic of our current set up.

Attachments

• A930E4AC-C0BC-483B-8F62-D72449E2F13D.jpeg
    A930E4AC-C0BC-483B-8F62-D72449E2F13D.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back