Welcome to the new Camping Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I will be mounting a Alu-Cab Khaya on my Tremor which isn’t being built mid November. I assume you don’t have your tail gate on your FWC….have you come up with an option to replace the tailgate camera?
Thanks,
Steve
I attached a backup camera to the camper. I got mine from camerasource for $250. They also sell one that will enable the 3D view for around $500.

I attached a backup camera to the camper. I got mine from camerasource for $250. They also sell one that will enable the 3D view for around $500.
Thats great to hear. Just so I understand...the connection of the after market camera works easily with factory connection from the tailgate?
Thanks....Steve

Thats great to hear. Just so I understand...the connection of the after market camera works easily with factory connection from the tailgate?
Thanks....Steve
Yes it’s compatible. The only thing not compatible with the non 3d camera option is when you put the truck in reverse the camera does not automatically appear on the sync screen. It has to be selected.

Bryce Canyon

Attachments

• D60EE305-B366-462E-B964-8D4EF397BB51.jpeg
    D60EE305-B366-462E-B964-8D4EF397BB51.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 29D11F75-1129-483C-AD6D-14D4887D49A7.jpeg
    29D11F75-1129-483C-AD6D-14D4887D49A7.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 125
Always thought these to be , ummm, interesting looking. Not implying they're bad in anyway, but they have a very peculiar design. How do you like yours thus far?
We like it a ton. Yeah, it’s peculiar but very functional for the family. We had an OPUS OP4, which was a bad experience for us.

Anyone over landing with their Tremor? I’ve got my build started with the Skycamp 2.0 and Yakima bed racks. But looking for more ideas after I have my suspension completed.
I have the Yakima bed racks and love them. Towing a Taxa Mantis and putting up a skycamp on top of the Mantis this coming year.

Installed the Hutchmountain LP conversion on my new Honda eu3000is this morning. About 30 min install and the gen fired right up. I have two LP quick connects on my Oliver with (2) 30# tanks which can provide fuel. This gen will run everything on my TT. No gasoline can to carry. It’s actually a tri fuel gen now. LP, LNG and gasoline. Info here - http://hutchmountain.com/

5152F79F-4E5F-4E31-B96E-718A02368C07.jpeg

0ECEC054-B94C-42EB-9190-46C9DB70E9EE.jpeg

2022 Tremor arrived in December - latest trip to Glamis Sand Dunes, always dry camping at the Dunes - 2021 ATC 24' bumper pull - 10k loaded - no sweat for the Tremor to tow! Three more dunes trips this season, then gets too hot - Trip to Sand Hollow UT end of March to have do some riding there. Tremor is a great all around platform.

IMG_1392.JPG
Dunes Fire.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG
Gorons Wells.jpg

Offroad Humor - call box installed middle of the desert, swing set, fire box etc...
IMG_1589.JPG
IMG_1592.JPG
Fire box.JPG

Last edited:
Installed the Hutchmountain LP conversion on my new Honda eu3000is this morning. About 30 min install and the gen fired right up. I have two LP quick connects on my Oliver with (2) 30# tanks which can provide fuel. This gen will run everything on my TT. No gasoline can to carry. It’s actually a tri fuel gen now. LP, LNG and gasoline. Info here - http://hutchmountain.com/

View attachment 46892

View attachment 46893
Do you need to have a propane outlet on the generator??

Those are nice units! I went a similar route w/ dual fuel on a smaller unit after having the option on my larger genny that is used for house power backup (9500w). I typically run on propane only but it's nice having the gas option if necessary.

PXL_20211010_210026645.jpg

Those are nice units! I went a similar route w/ dual fuel on a smaller unit after having the option on my larger genny that is used for house power backup (9500w). I typically run on propane only but it's nice having the gas option if necessary.

View attachment 46902
👍🏻👍🏻Yes, my Honda eu3000is is Tri fuel - gas, LP and LNG. Just turn a switch and I can run gasoline. I have had excellent reliability out of my Honda Gensets. My eu7000i is our portable home back up gen. Champion gens are nice as well.

17CE13DB-8248-4205-B390-C1AD0B559F20.png

The 7000 has the gentent on it for bad weather. I recently sold the Honda Handi on the left. No one makes an LP conversion kit for it and Honda quit making it. A solid little gen, super quiet, I just wanted dual fuel for camping.

Last edited:
My frugal-ness (also called cheap-ness to some...) is going to show through here. I bought one of these for $30 instead of a gen tent. 4x6 works well and is quick to deploy. I keep it with the generator as part of it's setup for incliment weather:

1645146208213.png

Champion gens are nice as well.

@Patriot I'm typically all about Honda power equipment. I had a 3500w Honda but wanted something larger to run the house. Costco had the 9500w dual fuel Champions in stock for $750 so I took a chance. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised... We had a 6 day outage last year and it never missed a beat running 18hrs each day. So impressed with it I picked up the smaller inverter I posted above. Haven't used that one much yet but I will say it is very quiet...

My frugal-ness (also called cheap-ness to some...) is going to show through here. I bought one of these for $30 instead of a gen tent. 4x6 works well and is quick to deploy. I keep it with the generator as part of it's setup for incliment weather:

View attachment 46917
That will work in a light rain or drizzle, how does it handle severe wind gusts? The gentent will with stand pretty heavy sustained winds and typically I only use it when we have severe weather power outages which are rare here. From experience my gentent has been through 45-50 mph winds and has stayed secured. I have been happy with it so far.👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back