Weigh-Safe True Tow?

bubzilla

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 6.7 Lariat
Just bought a new trailer (Outdoors RV 250RKS T). Dry weight is reported as 7855. Max is purportedly 11000. Looking at the Weigh-Safe True Tow hitches. Hoping to hear from folks running these hitches for recommendations on drop, model, etc. Also, anyone have any experience with the newer Middleweight version? Driving a stock height 2021 Tremor with 6.7 diesel and all the towing options. Primarily interested in sway control more than anything else.

Just bought a new trailer (Outdoors RV 250RKS T). Dry weight is reported as 7855. Max is purportedly 11000. Looking at the Weigh-Safe True Tow hitches. Hoping to hear from folks running these hitches for recommendations on drop, model, etc. Also, anyone have any experience with the newer Middleweight version? Driving a stock height 2021 Tremor with 6.7 diesel and all the towing options. Primarily interested in sway control more than anything else.
These threads should get you started. Others will chime in I'm sure.

@Modman has comments about his WeighSafe True Tow in these and other threads.

Last edited:
We have a GD Reflection 297rsts, 33’11” overall, weighs 8110 empty, 9995 gvwr trailer…weighs 1200lbs tongue weight wet.

I’d suggest normal Weight Safe TT, 1500lbs tongue weight, 15k tow for your situation…a little overkill. The midfleweight is 12k lbs and 1200lbs tongue weight. Also, we have 6 inch drop shank at about 4 inch drop.

If you look at Wanderingweekends on yt, you’ll find MW TT is meant for around 1000lbs tongue weight

love min but i would definitely recommend the original true tow
1679025143243.png

If you look at Wanderingweekends on yt, you’ll find MW TT is meant for around 1000lbs tongue weight
FYI, we did a carry over from our F150 to our F250 Tremor on the hitch. If we did direct for our F250 Tremor, we would have done 2.5” receiver and shank, which is 2200lbs tongue weight and 22k tow.

Edit: you can dial it down on the heavier hitch…beefier is better

Thx for providing those links @RedZilla !

Agree with @Sjmcken81 that you should go with the "normal" True Tow not the middleweight version. Ours is 7500lbs dry, 10400 max and have seen 1200lbs on the scale, although it is usually around 1100lbs. I would not want to live at the max of hitch's specification...

Drop will depend on the design of your tongue. 6" drop was more than sufficient for ours.

Latest Discussions

Back