Weboost

Whyte Rhyno

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Finally got around to installing a weboost signal booster. Purchased the “overland” kit from Costco around Christmas. Mounted the antenna using the sdhq pillar mounts. They’re meant for lights but the slotted holes in the mount line up perfectly with the holes in the underside of the antenna base. Ran the wiring through the rubber grommet in the driver footwell and along the side sill. Booster is under the driver seat. Fits well and doesn’t interfere with the easy entry and exit function of the seat. Wired it to one of the up fitter switches. The other pillar mount will be for a vhf/uhf antenna.

Attachments

• IMG_7525.jpeg
    IMG_7525.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_7528.jpeg
    IMG_7528.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7524.jpeg
    IMG_7524.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_7527.jpeg
    IMG_7527.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 164
Looks great! I used that same grommet for the GMRS install in my truck. I looked all over that firewall and didn’t see any good options…. That little grommet was perfect!

Oh yeah Starlink. That’s going on the next truck.

Oh yeah Starlink. That’s going on the next truck.
It’s flipping amazing. I’m using it right now. Middle of a huge national forest. We have it permanently mounted on the roof of the camper and it works 100% flying down the rd..

Weboost has its purpose though…. I was only referring to Starlink for the Netflix comment above.

I live in Montana and most of the state is outside cell coverage. The truck is my daily so I need a little extra boost in normal day to day life. This set up works well enough. My wife really wants a new 4Runner so we’ll likely put a starlink on that for our way out there adventures. The tremor is way too big for most of our trails is western Montana so we don’t “off road” in it often. I’ve got the scratches to prove it!

I live in Montana and most of the state is outside cell coverage. The truck is my daily so I need a little extra boost in normal day to day life. This set up works well enough. My wife really wants a new 4Runner so we’ll likely put a starlink on that for our way out there adventures. The tremor is way too big for most of our trails is western Montana so we don’t “off road” in it often. I’ve got the scratches to prove it!
I’ve been eyeing one of these for awhile now.
The trucks that work in the quarry pits around here use them.
As to MT. I’m not a native, I spent the majority of my time off, since 1997 in your state .
For my usage the TREMOR is the perfect truck for the west. Other than a few river bottom spots? Most brush is easily avoided.

I’ve been eyeing one of these for awhile now.
The trucks that work in the quarry pits around here use them.
As to MT. I’m not a native, I spent the majority of my time off, since 1997 in your state .
For my usage the TREMOR is the perfect truck for the west. Other than a few river bottom spots? Most brush is easily avoided.
If you are saying brush is avoidable then going to venture out and say you are driving more the open land spots, which is a substantial part of the state. Get around much of the national forest lands and the problem becomes different having to dodge larger pine trees on narrow old logging trails. I’ve also been toying around with getting a weboost for the Tremor just not sure I would gain enough to justify the cost.

It’s flipping amazing. I’m using it right now. Middle of a huge national forest. We have it permanently mounted on the roof of the camper and it works 100% flying down the rd..

Weboost has its purpose though…. I was only referring to Starlink for the Netflix comment above.
I've got one on my house and one that lives in my 5th wheel. Really is amazing how well it works. The kids can even play Call of Duty with their cousins without lag from the middle of nowhere.

@Whyte Rhyno how's the signal quality?
I've been looking at a permanently mounted weboost for our travel trailer. Most places I end up when I'm in the camper and in need of a signal for work, have really weak cell service. RN I'm working on two bars of LTE from my work iPhone and it's been surprisingly good even for Teams calls w video. I'm thinking a cell booster would be ideal.

It really depends. We live in the mountains so signal strength is weak to begin with. With open line of sight it works really well. In dense forest not so much. I got it mostly to boost signal while on the highway driving between towns.

We've been running a Weboost Overland edition setup on our truck for about a year now. It really does a great job of amplyifying a minimal signal. Definitely been helpful on road trips and trips where the pavement ends. We're a Weboost dealer so if anyone is interested, shoot us a PM and we'll get you hooked up.

Link ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

TA9AvPV.jpg

We've been running a Weboost Overland edition setup on our truck for about a year now. It really does a great job of amplyifying a minimal signal. Definitely been helpful on road trips and trips where the pavement ends. We're a Weboost dealer so if anyone is interested, shoot us a PM and we'll get you hooked up.

TA9AvPV.jpg
Do you sell that mount on the Retrax? I love it!

TA9AvPV.jpg
I would love to know more details about your installation. I have a Retrax and was considering that same spot.

TA9AvPV.jpg
I see what you did there….

Pavement ends, my avatar 👍

I looked at the weboost but for the few times of the year I need it not worth it. I’m hoping it won’t be long until we can have normal smartphones with satellite connectivity full time. Imagine connecting to starlink on my iPhone.

I looked at the weboost but for the few times of the year I need it not worth it. I’m hoping it won’t be long until we can have normal smartphones with satellite connectivity full time. Imagine connecting to starlink on my iPhone.
While that would be amazing…. And tbh it’s possible now I think the problem is bandwidth. Can you imagine if 100’s of millions, or even billions of people had a smart phone connected to satellite? I’m with you, it’s for sure going to happen, but that requires a whole different breed of infrastructure. Our Starlink is $150/mth, I think you’ll see satellite connectivity but it’ll be limited and expensive for a while anyway. Just my thoughts.

Starlink is far more friendly with internet than Weeboost but there is a use fee and signup required. If your phone can be set for "WIFI calling", you may be able to make phone calls in the middle of nowhere over Starlink as well.
https://www.americantv.com/will-starlink-support-wi-fi-calling.php

Weeboost has its advantages though, no use fees and will work with virtually any cell service provider. Some will do 5G (providing you can a get a 5G signal.)

edit: WIFI calling (was Internet calling.)

Back