Weathertech hood protector photos

fireball

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Greetings all,

I have always used hood protectors or bug shields on my vehicles as they seem to keep the hood and windshield a bit cleaner and I suspect they can also help deflect some rocks to avoid windshield chips. I couldn't find any pics of the Weathertech hood protector on our Tremors, but I went ahead and bought and installed it and wanted to share the photos.

Installation was straightforward but does require alcohol cleaner and surface prep to the hood, and taping the protector directly to the hood. No mechanical fasteners - just tape.

I understand this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but hopefully these photos might help someone who is making a decision. I personally like the looks and also like that it hides the super duty lettering on the front of the hood. YMMV!

ADE05256-3204-4B2F-A40C-D5DBB5DC0C43.jpeg

DD9E04BE-11AA-45DF-B364-C0C8A7C16310.jpeg

Is that flush to the hood all the way around? Just remember the one I had on an older truck sat up just enough to get crap under it, but not enough to easily clean under it.

Yes it is double sided taped to the front edge of the hood so nothing can really get under it.
If you’d ever want to remove it you’d have to deal with the adhesive. Likely one of those eraser wheels.

Yes it is double sided taped to the front edge of the hood so nothing can really get under it.
If you’d ever want to remove it you’d have to deal with the adhesive. Likely one of those eraser wheels.
Thanks. The two reviews on the Weathertech site are both 1 star. 1 because he didn't like how it attaches and returned it, yet still rated 1 star and the other said it flew off going down the road - most likely an install error by not prepping before applying adhesive.

As long as nothing can get under there and the adhesive holds, looks good to me ?

Last edited:
Back