Water fording breathing tubes

Its about $5 worth of hose but the work is done for you.

Is this a big deal or marketing gimmick?
only if you are a true overlander.... otherwise you dont care but if your in a area that floods alot like the outer bank of Carolina is you would care

only if you are a true overlander.... otherwise you dont care but if your in a area that floods alot like the outer bank of Carolina is you would care
So there are some camping / fishing spots that I need to cross creeks to get to. Just wondering how much value there is in this?

So there are some camping / fishing spots that I need to cross creeks to get to. Just wondering how much value there is in this?
well you have 33 inches of water fording at stock so it useful because stock is i believe at 18 inches .... so for you i say useful ... so what you dont want it water in your difs because if you do get water in there it can fuck up your difs .... or you have to change the oil all the time after going through water.... i mud in my jeep and i am changing the dif oil every time i go mudding .... always have crap in the difs and if you leave water in your dif and it freezes.... say good buy to your dif ....

I raised mine up in my Jeep Rubicon its not a big deal the parts are cheap enough so why not?? Love having solid axles.

definitely worth having either from the factory or done in the driveway with $10 in hose and fittings. Diff needs to "breathe" as temps and pressures change within it. If the breather is too low it can suck water into the housing if you enter water

Can someone post picture or explain a little more about what you're talking about. I'm new to this and it interests me.

They look something like this the blue hose is what your looking at ... But I believe the one on the tremor is black hose

Attachments

• U4062-WEB-3-8.jpg
    U4062-WEB-3-8.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 442
Thank you for the pic. So does our trucks come with this from factory? Im thinking yes because of the water forging level. However based off this thread im not sure.

Where does the tube normal run to/out?

I never knew this was a thing. Im had my ram 1500 in some creek crossing that were close to the doors. Glad i didnt have an issue.

Thank you for the pic. So does our trucks come with this from factory? Im thinking yes because of the water forging level. However based off this thread im not sure.

Where does the tube normal run to/out?

I never knew this was a thing. Im had my ram 1500 in some creek crossing that were close to the doors. Glad i didnt have an issue.

Yes they have them stock on tremor and they run from diff to fender I believe on rear and not sure on front. Easy to trace if you jump under one at dealer.

Yes they have them stock on tremor and they run from diff to fender I believe on rear and not sure on front. Easy to trace if you jump under one at dealer.
100% true and when I get a chance I will look for the front one but I wouldn't want to have water up to my doors because you don't know how high that tub is also if water slashes you it can go over the tube ... Your risking it ... Everything could be fine or it couldn't... Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it

Is this a big deal or marketing gimmick?
Those axle vent tubes are what actually made my decision to buy the Tremor.!
Why Ford doesn’t use them on all of the F250’s + is a mystery to me. Or maybe Ford knows guys like me better than I thought. All of my Japanese 4x4’s had them as standard equipment.

Those axle vent tubes are what actually made my decision to buy the Tremor.!
Why Ford doesn’t use them on all of the F250’s + is a mystery to me. Or maybe Ford knows guys like me better than I thought. All of my Japanese 4x4’s had them as standard equipment.
Bingo --- the tubes were a big plus as I do this as a matter of course with all of my trucks since I had to go through about 20 miles of partially flooded West Texas 2 lane hwy on my way to NM and sucked in lots of water...

I raised mine up in my Jeep Rubicon its not a big deal the parts are cheap enough so why not?? Love having solid axles.
Axles get hot from driving. If you drive through water it rapidly cools both diffs and axles causing them to have vacuum, pulling in water, mud, etc.

Latest Discussions

Back