Washing with ceramic coating/PPF

Just watched the "Chicago Auto Pros" and got schooled on car care.....I think with a few more tools (foam Cannon) and some better mitts and buckets,,,,I won't destroy my own paint washing my car. At least I knew enough to rinse off my car as a first step. Very informative. Anyone know a good brand of wash mitts and drying towels as suggested by these guys??
Lots of good web sites, a good quality micro fiber mitt or two, and you have to wash those properly. No softeners in particular.
and CAPs site:

Lots of good web sites, a good quality micro fiber mitt or two, and you have to wash those properly. No softeners in particular.
and CAPs site:
Hey Thanks man!

I've got mine at one our detailing shop in our place. Applying this two makes me satisfied, seeing the result of my car. I can't see any scratches, any dirt after applying and my car looks fantastic.:);)

Hmm, is the ceramic coating on the car that cool? I was never interested in this topic, since I simply did not have the need for this. I bought my car about three years ago and recently I started noticing various chips on the car body. Not surprising, since I have to drive about 1000 miles a day, so this was expected. I wash my car about 2-3 times a week, so I notice such shortcomings right away. I also have to waste a huge amount of detergent. I usually buy them in bulk from https://opskar.com . Will the car's kerma coating reduce the damage from various small stones, as well as insects to the car body? I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
I followed this thread and went with Gtechnik ceramic and some PPF on the front hood. I look realy awsum the first day. 20200729_173945.jpg But after a rain and using hard water at home, I didnt get some off the roof It left "mineral" spots that eat into the coating. Then the trip back to NJ. 20200805_174441.jpg
Their is a learning process on how to wash ceramic coating. I had another detail guy show me how to do the "1 bucket wash" I will be buying his products ( .duluxecarcarellc.com 20200806_062158.jpg) I tried the kit from Gtechnik it did its job but for the quantity of products it would be expensive. I had my ceramic done @ Dylans detail shop, Toms River NJ or look up gtechniq on the web as they are a nationwide company that has a warranty with their product. In total I spent $1500 for the ppf and ceramic. Although after picking up the truck i had to drive through rain late that night.
I dont know about scratch resistance as I did scratch the side of the bed with something? Truck going back next week to fix the water spots, rub out the scratch and a good wash. $100

Dylan is a 3rd party to the PPF thing. I asked about doing the bedsides about 8 inches down ( right below the Tremor sticker) $600!! the hood alone was $200. I would recommend doing as much PPF as you can afford. even if you dont do ceramic!!

30626.jpg

Back