Warranty and service plans

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I've received pricing on a FMPP Extended Service Contract (5yr / 100K, $3,285) and a Ford Maintenance Plan ($3,170) from my dealer. I have no way of knowing if this is good pricing or not. What do you all think? Also, I can add these same coverages at a later time for similar pricing? The dealer is pushing to sell them now, obviously. Anyone have any advice?

No experience with the extended service plans you mention. My dealership offered a lifetime oil and filter change for about $900. Not transferable and only valid at their dealerships but i figured it was a good deal for me. I usually do my own service but I hate having to haul around oil and other fluids for recycling. i figure i'd let the dealership deal with that stuff

No experience with the extended service plans you mention. My dealership offered a lifetime oil and filter change for about $900. Not transferable and only valid at their dealerships but i figured it was a good deal for me. I usually do my own service but I hate having to haul around oil and other fluids for recycling. i figure i'd let the dealership deal with that stuff

That is a smoking deal!

Check

They are much cheaper I got a 5y100k $0 deductible (non-diesel) for $1945. It’s the 3rd one I bought from them. Used it a lot on my 08 F350 diesel and my 18 Raptor.

Looks like their cost on maintenance is much cheaper also @5k interval they are at $2255

I got the following prices from Zeigler Ford (on-line quote)
Premium Care with $0 deductible for a GAS engine F350 4x4, no plow, no commercial use
8 year / 125k for $3115 which includes car rental coverage
with $50 Deductible: $2810
with $100 Deductible: $2615
with $200 Deductible: $2415

Make sure you get the correct time frame and mileage for your needs. The warranty period begins from the date the vehicle is put in service, NOT in addition to the original warranty.

Didn't do any extended warranty but the dealer I bought it from includes lifetime powertrain warranty for free on all new vehicles purchased from them. Since I put 30k+ miles a year on my trucks and the last one having almost 400k miles, lifetime powertrain is going to be badass especially given the new Powerstroke and 10 speed.

Latest Discussions

Back