Warning... Hood Bug Shield / Spoiler

Ustank2

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
1983 Trans Am
Went through a car wash. First time blew the thing off the two metal clips. No big deal just reattach.
Second time, today, It blew the thing completely off. Broke the three plastic attachment points right off.
New one on order.

Beware the car wash with high pressure blower.

For what it's worth, it is the Camel Car Wash. They are in Georgia and Florida.
Good car wash just rips the thing right off.

I wouldn't even try to fit though an automated wash! I'd be worried about hitting/rubbing.

Went through a car wash. First time blew the thing off the two metal clips. No big deal just reattach.
Second time, today, It blew the thing completely off. Broke the three plastic attachment points right off.
New one on order.

Beware the car wash with high pressure blower.

For what it's worth, it is the Camel Car Wash. They are in Georgia and Florida.
Good car wash just rips the thing right off.
Sorry man. Go Noles!

Id be contacting ford. That shouldn't be happening.

I wouldn't even try to fit though an automated wash! I'd be worried about hitting/rubbing.

If you’re completely stock, you should fit through a 7’ wash.

I ran mine through a wash the first time this week. It was a brushless laser car washer. There was a tenant there and he was 100% confident I’d fit no problem. My 2013 F250 I ran through dozens of different car washes all over the country without any issues.

I couldn’t see myself running this through anything but a brushless wash, however.

All i ever use is touchless regardless of the vehicle im in. Im assuming you have to fold mirrors in? I know on my F150 I usually had to, or one of them would get hit by the arm.

Are you guys talking about this factory option?

1594998080721.png

I only hand wash

get it ceramic coated and its easy to keep clean

Even the touch less can do slight damage every time you use it.

?
That’s it
Replacement on order
What broke the plastic was the jet blast of air
Didn’t know a blower could blow that hard Cat 8 hurricane blower

Back