McKenzie River

Tremor Member
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2013 PSD Lariat
Did someone post info about a Ford Dealer selling the Warn Winch for around $2000.
Could you give me that info.

Thats part of my truck order, was this not an option at order?

They are awesome to have when you need one! Had to pull a tree off the road this morning going to work. Bunch of folks standing around wondering what to do. The tree was actually wedged into the guardrail so I snapped it with the Warn Winch. No problem.

Attachments

• winch and tree.jpg
    winch and tree.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 127
They are awesome to have when you need one! Had to pull a tree off the road this morning going to work. Bunch of folks standing around wondering what to do. The tree was actually wedged into the guardrail so I snapped it with the Warn Winch. No problem.
I see you had a softener on the cable. But I always reccomend never attaching directly around something with your main cable. Keep a few various sized slings for such use.

I see you had a softener on the cable. But I always reccomend never attaching directly around something with your main cable. Keep a few various sized slings for such use.

Do you have a preferred one?

Do you have a preferred one?
I like this one a lot!

Used it in Utah to pull a small suv out of a ditch.

I attached it using soft shackles.

I used my winch today to stop my truck rolling off a cliff… bad day but really glad I decided to get the winch.
I also need a bumper if anyone has a lead on a black one or a recommendation for aftermarket ones

IF you pull the trigger on this winch, check the cable before you leave. I got home, walked the cable out to inspect it, and found it was cut in two places. Not even really sure how it could have happened since it was cut 15-20' into the reel. Super disappointed.

A chainsaw is a great softener! And quick! I roll with my
Ryobi electric in case I come across a downed tree or
some dude from Texas. 😁

Thats part of my truck order, was this not an option at order?
Its a dealer option, so regardless of how / when you order it your dealer is going to be doing the install. When I ordered my truck they had the price out along with the winch being on demo vehicles, but I was not able to order it at the time the truck was ordered. In the end that worked out in my favor, I paid less having it installed after the fact.

Latest Discussions

Back