WARN Winch Option, Updates?

WealthK

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Navy Submarine Veteran
Current Ride
2017 Platinum F350
I am sure most of us have seen the news that there is a 12,000# WARN Winch option coming for the Tremors only. It will be a factory install or dealer installed option when available. Does anyone have the latest on a date for availability or a part number for the kit for those of us who already have a truck ordered without?

see a prior post of mine about this topic. initial allocation to the factory for install prior to allotment to dealers for dealer install. earliest June/July according to service manager here.

Just asked my dealer and he said nothing shows up on his computer about the winch. Makes sense that they would add it as an option for new orders with new inventory to back it up before making it available as a retrofit.

I am having one installed its $3,000.00 no eta or labor cost yet.

I am having one installed its $3,000.00 no eta or labor cost yet.
Are you getting it from the Ford dealer or just a vendor from Warn?

3k plus 3 hours labor install.
Available late 2nd quarter.
Skydog

My impression is that it’s $3k which includes parts and install. Since you’ll be able to order trucks from the factory with it installed for $3k it only makes sense that retrofits will be the same. The zeon 12s winch is only 1500 bucks so I’m assuming the rest is for brackets and install.

My dealer says the same as all of you. For availability to be near the end of July. No rock solid install cost. I'll just have to wait till there available because I've already ordered one.

I'd like a winch, just not on the factory bumper. I wish there more front bumper options for those of us not planning to hit a cow or moose :)

Which one of us is going to be the guinea pig to buy and install this factory winch ourselves? I plan to do it but would prefer one of you do it first! :D
I will,

I like the challenge the set up looks amazing. its tucked in really nice.
many winch kits are clumsy looking and look like Dr. Frankenstien put it together .

I will,

I like the challenge the set up looks amazing. its tucked in really nice.
many winch kits are clumsy looking and look like Dr. Frankenstien put it together .
I will too. Was just being a smart ass. I still haven't found anything about availability or price, other than the $3k expected tag. I went to build a Tremor on the Ford website today and the winch is still not an option that I could find.

I will too. Was just being a smart ass. I still haven't found anything about availability or price, other than the $3k expected tag. I went to build a Tremor on the Ford website today and the winch is still not an option that I could find.
Remember we all got the" Ford cash" credits for parts or service that we could apply towards the winch.

I did the install on my Rubicon and the wrenching was the easy part. It was tough to research the right bumper, mounting and hardware kits.
So many options out there. Ford makes it easy with this kit. So the wrenching will be the hard part. I imagine the front of the bumper and some front trim may need to come off and it looks heavy for one guy.

Remember we all got the" Ford cash" credits for parts or service that we could apply towards the winch.

I did the install on my Rubicon and the wrenching was the easy part. It was tough to research the right bumper, mounting and hardware kits.
So many options out there. Ford makes it easy with this kit. So the wrenching will be the hard part. I imagine the front of the bumper and some front trim may need to come off and it looks heavy for one guy.

Yeah, I forgot about the Ford Cash. I need to see how much I have!

So I just checked and I have 75,000 FordPass Rewards Points. The Ford website truly sucks. I cannot find what that is actually worth. It does appear that I can use those points toward maintenance and Ford accessories. Unfortunately the winch still isn't shown as an available accessory. Anyone know how much $$ 75,000 points is worth?

I thinks it’s equal to about $400

So I just checked and I have 75,000 FordPass Rewards Points. The Ford website truly sucks. I cannot find what that is actually worth. It does appear that I can use those points toward maintenance and Ford accessories. Unfortunately the winch still isn't shown as an available accessory. Anyone know how much $$ 75,000 points is worth?

It is $375, I have used mine already.

Its like 375 bucks....I already used some for service on my other Ford

Back