Warn accessories

I got this a few years back. I now keep it in the truck for those just incase moments. View attachment 104616
Overall that's a great kit, and certainly will serve you well, but a couple of considerations for others.

First is the metal rings on the end of the tree saver seem unnecessary and just add more metal/mass to the system should something fail. Instead you could use a soft shackle to hold both ends of the tree saver and the end of whatever you're attaching to it. You'll have lots of space to do so compared to a bow shackle, and not nearly the same mass. So consider buying a tree saver on its own and skipping the metal bits.

Second is consider a Rope Retention Pulley instead of a snatch block, assuming you have synthetic rope (if you have steel cable then a snatch block is your only option). Here's one from Factor 55 (I'm linking to the combo that comes with a soft shackle, but you can buy the pulley on its own):

Dramatically smaller and lighter than a traditional snatch block. So much easier to store, carry, and use!

That doesn't look like anodized black, that looks like the standard grey.
The Crawl website does say its black, so I believe them. Issue is the preattached rope guard, which also should be black. Like I said, I had my Rope Guard powdercoated black, not sure where I said the Flatlink I have is black.

The Crawl website does say its black, so I believe them. Issue is the preattached rope guard, which also should be black. Like I said, I had my Rope Guard powdercoated black, not sure where I said the Flatlink I have is black.
Yours doesn't look anything like the black they sent me. Mine is black with zero shade of the standard grey anodized type III. Very interesting.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 12.03.47 AM.png

Yours doesn't look anything like the black they sent me. Mine is black with zero shade of the standard grey anodized type III. Very interesting.

View attachment 104749
Sorry again for the clarification, but I did not order a black Flatlink, nor through Crawl. I ordered the gray from Factor55 since they haven't figured out how to offer black on their site. I needed to order the Rope Guard separately so I could have the Rope Guard powdercoated before installing it on my Flatlink. :)

Last edited:
Sorry again for the clarification, but I did not order a black Flatlink, nor through Crawl. I ordered the gray from Factor55 since they haven't figured out how to offer black on their site. I needed to order the Rope Guard separately so I could have the Rope Guard powdercoated before installing it on my Flatlink.
I follow you now👌. I really wish they offered the rope guard in black too!

Crawl often sells out so anyone else looking to buy they are the only route to get an actual black Flatlink E.

I follow you now👌. I really wish they offered the rope guard in black too!

Crawl often sells out so anyone else looking to buy they are the only route to get an actual black Flatlink E.
Wonder if Crawl would sell one to me without the pre-attached Rope Guard.

Overall that's a great kit, and certainly will serve you well, but a couple of considerations for others.

First is the metal rings on the end of the tree saver seem unnecessary and just add more metal/mass to the system should something fail. Instead you could use a soft shackle to hold both ends of the tree saver and the end of whatever you're attaching to it. You'll have lots of space to do so compared to a bow shackle, and not nearly the same mass. So consider buying a tree saver on its own and skipping the metal bits.

Second is consider a Rope Retention Pulley instead of a snatch block, assuming you have synthetic rope (if you have steel cable then a snatch block is your only option). Here's one from Factor 55 (I'm linking to the combo that comes with a soft shackle, but you can buy the pulley on its own):

Dramatically smaller and lighter than a traditional snatch block. So much easier to store, carry, and use!
I think those are great points.

I know everyone is super proud of their winches and their fancy hooks and wants to display it at all times. But theoretically, if one doesnt care to show it but to just use it when necessary, would that OEM front bracket license plate holder still fit over it?

Am I the only one that likes the factory winch setup? Nothing against everyone’s posts here. They have all been badass! I’ve been happy with my OEM setup with a couple shackles, snatch blocks, and a tree saver.

Am I the only one that likes the factory winch setup? Nothing against everyone’s posts here. They have all been badass! I’ve been happy with my OEM setup with a couple shackles, snatch blocks, and a tree saver.
I moved to a closed loop design on my Jeep in 2017 as I feel like there's less potential for error or things to go wrong. Safety latches can fail and straps slip without tension. Not having to be concerned with that is comforting.

Latest Discussions

Back