Waiting on Lariat 7.3L Tremor

OTG-Tremor-CG

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F350 Lariat 7.3L UP BAP Tremor
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon Hard Rock - Tank
Sold 2019 F350 Lariat 6.2L Sport Package truck in February. Current vehicle is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock - Tank. Waiting on 2022 Lariat 7.3L UP BAP Tremor with Warn Winch - Carbonized Gray. Since March, I have read several threads...lots of good information from many members...great way to learn and share data, functions, issues, problems, OEM accessories, parts and aftermarket alternatives. Hopefully I can make some Super Duty / Tremor knowledge contributions, starting with the Ford 10R140 and Dana M275. However, I will probably need help with ForScan.

Welcome the party. This forum is great to learn and share. Ask away with any questions you have as someone on here probably has the answer, can get it quickly or will help solve the problem. 🍻

Welcome to the forum @OTG-Tremor-CG - When are you expecting the Tremor to arrive?
Expecting the truck to arrive sometime early to mid October, the same Delivery date / time as a friend's truck. We ordered virtually the same truck on the same day from the Fleet Sales Manager...the same dealer in the Cowboy state. Both 2022 F350 Lariat 7.3L UP, Warn winch, etc....one is CG color with BAP, the other is SG color with SAP with added LED lights and Tough Bed.

We do not get the normal email correspondence from Ford Marketing. However, I called the toll free number for Ford Marketing over 2 weeks ago, gave them the Dealership Number and the two Order Numbers. The Ford Marketing Representative confirmed the orders, gave me the status and said the dealer should receive Build Week information soon.

Received an email from the dealer last week and the email stated the trucks are scheduled to be built the week of September 13th. The dealer told me the day the orders were placed, the wait for Commercial Fleet Orders would be another 60+ days because normal Retail Orders get priority...to satisfy the "grown men with 8 year old boy three weeks before Christmas mindset"...ha! Told him that's OK since we got good discount off MSRP on the two trucks because most Super Duty trucks, especially Tremors are selling for MSRP and many with additional current market extortion fees.

Thanks for all the 'welcomes'. Finally received a VIN and Build Date late last week. Truck is suppose to roll down the assembly line today. Dealer told me back in August if the truck is Built the Week of September 13th, they should have the truck by early October. It's been a long wait on the Commercial Fleet Order. Dealer told me in July, the Customer Retail Orders get priority over the Customer Fleet Orders. In addition, the Fleet Order Customers do not get emails from Ford on Order Confirmed, In Production, etc. However, with the VIN I was able to pull all that up the other day. Going by other members time table of Order Dates - Build Dates - Delivery Dates, etc. it appears I waited an additional 60 to 90 days...but I got a good deal, so no complaints.

UPDATE: Truck arrived at the dealer last week.....Monday October 4th. Talked to Sales Representative - Fleet Manager and he said the truck came in with body damage to the driver's side front door. He said the door will need to be painted and blended in with the driver's side rea door. Told him I wanted to order another truck. He said Ford cut out Fleet Orders, but he could order another truck via regular Customer Retail Sales Order and the price would be MSRP. I told him I would like to order another truck from him because of his service, but explained I can get 2% below invoice at another dealer. He was surprised and understood.

Therefore, I ordered another truck from Granger Ford last week. Back to the waiting game. Dustin said it will be 4 to 6 months going from current allotments and pending orders. So, not sure if my order will end up being a 2022 or 2023 as that could get close to a cut off for a 2022 truck. Factor in potential (good probability) for supply chain interruption for various materials, mainly computer chips...heck, it could be a longer wait.

UPDATE: Truck arrived at the dealer last week.....Monday October 4th. Talked to Sales Representative - Fleet Manager and he said the truck came in with body damage to the driver's side front door. He said the door will need to be painted and blended in with the driver's side rea door. Told him I wanted to order another truck. He said Ford cut out Fleet Orders, but he could order another truck via regular Customer Retail Sales Order and the price would be MSRP. I told him I would like to order another truck from him because of his service, but explained I can get 2% below invoice at another dealer. He was surprised and understood.

Therefore, I ordered another truck from Granger Ford last week. Back to the waiting game. Dustin said it will be 4 to 6 months going from current allotments and pending orders. So, not sure if my order will end up being a 2022 or 2023 as that could get close to a cut off for a 2022 truck. Factor in potential (good probability) for supply chain interruption for various materials, mainly computer chips...heck, it could be a longer wait.
Ouch! That stinks to have to reset the clock on the waiting. Hope the next one arrives clean!

Back