Wait for 2022?

thegrayatsv

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
I ordered a 6.7L F350 Tremor on 11/18. Its been 7 weeks and I still don't have a VIN and build date. A friend of mine joked that by the time I get this truck it will be a 2022 model. When he said that it got me to thinking. With the F150 having just been redesigned for 2021, the Super Duty redesign cannot be far off. After posing the question to two different dealers, both told me they think the Super Duty redesign is likely to come in the 2022 model year. Has anyone else heard this? I have a 2008 F250 with some life left in it so I could wait and get the newer design. Waiting becomes more attractive of an option the longer Ford sits on my order. Is anyone else thinking about 2022?

Superduty has been on a 6 year design cycle that begain in 2017. It received a facelift for 2020. The 2022 super duty will in all likeliness be the same as the 2021 with some changed paint colors any probably some de-optioning as they get ready to par down the spare parts and make way for a 2023 refresh.

As a quick example Somethings that have left the super duty since 2017:
The coolers for the Cooled seats. please note the fans remain (2019)
The power passenger seat has been de-option 10-way power passenger seating replaced with 8-way 2021
heated windshield wiper area 2021

And The tremor package was picked up in 2020 as a new feature set.

Superduty has been on a 6 year design cycle that begain in 2017. It received a facelift for 2020. The 2022 super duty will in all likeliness be the same as the 2021 with some changed paint colors any probably some de-optioning as they get ready to par down the spare parts and make way for a 2023 refresh.

As a quick example Somethings that have left the super duty since 2017:
The coolers for the Cooled seats. please note the fans remain (2019)
The power passenger seat has been de-option 10-way power passenger seating replaced with 8-way 2021
heated windshield wiper area 2021

And The tremor package was picked up in 2020 as a new feature set.
Damn I would have loved those coolers... is this something that can be done aftermarket?

Damn I would have loved those coolers... is this something that can be done aftermarket?
my plan is to take a look at my friend 17 and see if that's an option.

I've been anticipating that that 2022 model will take on many of the features released in the 2021 F150 such as Sync4 and power outlets in the bed of the truck, but that is just my guess.

I've been anticipating that that 2022 model will take on many of the features released in the 2021 F150 such as Sync4 and power outlets in the bed of the truck, but that is just my guess.
It took 2 years (2017) for the super duty to change to the 2015 features of the F150.
They do share a lot of part commonality but I wouldn't be surprised if it only took a year but I still expect it to be the 2023 model year.

all they do is make the under the seat air duct blow into the fan under the seat for the cooled seat that is how my 2012 f150 that has A/C seats
so if you have the heat on then it blows heat

all they do is make the under the seat air duct blow into the fan under the seat for the cooled seat that is how my 2012 f150 that has A/C seats
so if you have the heat on then it blows heat
Nope,
2017 Thru 19 has peltier coolers under the seats. You can test this by putting the heat on with the seats on cool. The heating techs are know for some issues because peltier coolers are ver energy intensive they can over heat. Many users had units that would only cool for a short period of time as the tech coolers aged and have a thermal limit.

Last edited:
Good point about the new F150. I was thinking about waiting to order my wife's new Tremor, to see if they would update the super duty. At first I was slightly disappointed that they were updating the Raptor and I had just bought a 2020, but after seeing the new one not that disappointed any longer, although I'm sure the new raptor look will grow on me. I hope they don't mess up the current super duty look, as I think it is the best looking super duty ever or heavy duty truck period. I am also always leery to own the first couple model years of any vehicle; there's almost always problems that pop up that they get ironed out in later model years.

I ordered a 6.7L F350 Tremor on 11/18. Its been 7 weeks and I still don't have a VIN and build date. A friend of mine joked that by the time I get this truck it will be a 2022 model. When he said that it got me to thinking. With the F150 having just been redesigned for 2021, the Super Duty redesign cannot be far off. After posing the question to two different dealers, both told me they think the Super Duty redesign is likely to come in the 2022 model year. Has anyone else heard this? I have a 2008 F250 with some life left in it so I could wait and get the newer design. Waiting becomes more attractive of an option the longer Ford sits on my order. Is anyone else thinking about 2022?
My dealer ordered 2 colors on 11/27 for me. The one I wound up wanting/buying was delivered on 2/22 and I picked it up last night. The other color they ordered hasn't even received a VIN yet and hasn't gone anywhere since 11/27, which is crazy. Only difference between the 2 trucks was the color. Seems very random and all luck on what gets produced these days.

My dealer ordered 2 colors on 11/27 for me. The one I wound up wanting/buying was delivered on 2/22 and I picked it up last night. The other color they ordered hasn't even received a VIN yet and hasn't gone anywhere since 11/27, which is crazy. Only difference between the 2 trucks was the color. Seems very random and all luck on what gets produced these days.

This does seem to align with the theory that dealer allocation is critical for getting an order scheduled and built.

Back