voice recognition

Dsimons

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 King Ranch Tremor 7.3 Gasser
i have not yet had a successful use of the voice recognition in relation to call ____, it wildly miss understands what i ask, offers contacts not even close to what is said, basically worthless,,, anyone else?

I am plugged in using android auto most of the time and it works flawlessly

I am plugged in using android auto most of the time and it works flawlessly
So you are cabled into the truck USB ports as opposed to using the steering wheel voice sync button?

yes when android auto is active when you push the voice button Android auto responds instead of sync. I also think sync has to learn your voice.

I messed with Sync voice commands on a trip a while back, trying to put in addresses for destinations. I would say 50% success at best. Maybe I talk funny here in Texas? I dunno.

Ed

yes when android auto is active when you push the voice button Android auto responds instead of sync. I also think sync has to learn your voice.
proving i am an idiot,,, where is android auto, is that a separate app, or hidden deeply in my phone

when you plug your phone into the usb ports in the little cubby it should bring the app from the phone to the radio. Android auto will take over the screen and sync will run in the background. You can use google maps / waze and several other apps from your phone. Or if you have an Apple it will open Carplay and do the same thing.

I sound like Hank Hill and AA can figure me out

Can you guys tell me if you have Sync 3.0 or 3.4? Sync 3.4 was supposed to role out with the 2020 models but no one has confirmed yet. If you don't have it you can do a free USB upgrade that gives all kinds of new cool features to include wireless android auto!

Last edited:
How can I tell what version? The truck is right outside...

Ed

Can you guys tell me if you have Sync 3.0 or 3.4? Sync 3.4 was supposed to role out with the 2020 models but no one has confirmed yet. If you don't have it you can do a free USB upgrade that gives all kinds of new cool feature to include wireless android auto!

Here is what I got, but I don't think I have wireless Android Auto. It only seems to work plugged in:

sync1.jpg
sync2.jpg

Back