Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Military
Army Veteran
Current Ride
2011 Ford Raptor (Total Loss)
Current Ride #2
1998 Chevy Silverado Z71 - 45k miles
So - Let's start by saying that I LOVE my baby girl (15) with all that I am! She's spoiled! Hell, she just got a new fender guitar because she busted her ass during school and got all As her Freshmen year of hs and was in 4 honors classes to boot. She loves music - plays piano, clarinet and self-taught ukulele. (Here's a shot of her bedroom - did every bit of it herself! - she loves to paint them like Marvel shields - btw - I paid $20 for all those records plus about 20 you don't see... You'll need this information later)

So, she now wants a record player for Christmas and her friend bought her a new "VINYL" (...cough...record...cough). She wants to buy one for her friend also...

Fast forward about 13 seconds: $73 ON AMAZON!!!! FOR ONE RECORD!!!! AND YOU CAN BY THE CD OR MP3 FOR $5.99!!!!! WTF!!!!!?????? (...breathe, Rick, breathe...).

I'm dumb-founded... and that's all I have to say about that... Problem is she's my daughter and has me wrapped! I told her to find it cheaper. LOL!

Attachments

• 65042398838__47570DE9-2AB2-4C64-806A-B34B2AA3F020-preview.JPG
    65042398838__47570DE9-2AB2-4C64-806A-B34B2AA3F020-preview.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 65042474807__CAAF66CC-BB39-4F44-896C-35A1C8BCE20A-preview.JPG
    65042474807__CAAF66CC-BB39-4F44-896C-35A1C8BCE20A-preview.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 65042467567__2CA41B02-C5AF-453E-80E0-7EC28E84C0B5-preview.JPG
    65042467567__2CA41B02-C5AF-453E-80E0-7EC28E84C0B5-preview.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 61
I feel your pain! My youngest discovered vinyl about 4 years ago, bought her a neat retro record player, looks like a 60's Mustang radio face, cause I wasn't going to let her use my Pioneer belt Drive! She found a used vinyl store and does buy frugally, but yea the $8.00 LP's are long gone! Cool thing is when her mother and I go with her to the record store, she loves to find my music and talk about the record artwork and such and she does listen to some of my music, late 70's and 80's stuff. I got rid of my LP's back when I bought them all on CD. I do still have all my 45's, and 45's throw her for a loop, "Just two songs!"

So - Let's start by saying that I LOVE my baby girl (15) with all that I am! She's spoiled! Hell, she just got a new fender guitar because she busted her ass during school and got all As her Freshmen year of hs and was in 4 honors classes to boot. She loves music - plays piano, clarinet and self-taught ukulele. (Here's a shot of her bedroom - did every bit of it herself! - she loves to paint them like Marvel shields - btw - I paid $20 for all those records plus about 20 you don't see... You'll need this information later)

So, she now wants a record player for Christmas and her friend bought her a new "VINYL" (...cough...record...cough). She wants to buy one for her friend also...

Fast forward about 13 seconds: $73 ON AMAZON!!!! FOR ONE RECORD!!!! AND YOU CAN BY THE CD OR MP3 FOR $5.99!!!!! WTF!!!!!?????? (...breathe, Rick, breathe...).

I'm dumb-founded... and that's all I have to say about that... Problem is she's my daughter and has me wrapped! I told her to find it cheaper. LOL!
She is only in her teens and needs dad for a few years…..soon, before you know it, she will still need you, but will rely on another person. Can’t take the money with you…..lol

I feel your pain! My youngest discovered vinyl about 4 years ago, bought her a neat retro record player, looks like a 60's Mustang radio face, cause I wasn't going to let her use my Pioneer belt Drive! She found a used vinyl store and does buy frugally, but yea the $8.00 LP's are long gone! Cool thing is when her mother and I go with her to the record store, she loves to find my music and talk about the record artwork and such and she does listen to some of my music, late 70's and 80's stuff. AGREED
@KRNIVOR73 That’s a real nice fender. Her room came out amazing, good job to her.
She fell in love due to not having the traditional headstock - more of an electric guitar type even though this is acoustical. Does have plug for am if she decides to venture down that road I believe.

That is awesome. Kid that are into music with talent can do anything they want.
Enjoy now. They grow up fast and move on.

My son got in to guitars at a young age and the Guitar hero game really got him into classic rock. He went thru 3 guitarteachers, several Gibsons, Schecters and LTD guitars. They all sent him away telling me they had nothing more to teach him. At 8 th grade he made the Varsity Jazz band. He hated Jazz quit and formed his first band. The played everywhere. He started to write his own music, made his own "merch", got his music on Apple. After high school they got a 15 passenger van and did a tour of the country. He started to do the vocals and was the lead man for the band. After several tours and tattoos. Dropped out of college. He was invited to play for an other band that was on the edge of making it big. At the same time he found a Job that would turn into his career. He asked if he should join the band or take the job. We told him it was his decision. He took the job. He is making more money than if he went to and graduated from college. He has been able to travel around the world with his job. He still plays his guitar and even messes around with an acoustical.
If your daughter can teach herself all that, it is unlimited what she can do. Do your best to support her and stay out of her way, the sky is the limit.

That is awesome. Kid that are into music with talent can do anything they want.
Enjoy now. They grow up fast and move on.

My son got in to guitars at a young age and the Guitar hero game really got him into classic rock. He went thru 3 guitarteachers, several Gibsons, Schecters and LTD guitars. They all sent him away telling me they had nothing more to teach him. At 8 th grade he made the Varsity Jazz band. He hated Jazz quit and formed his first band. The played everywhere. He started to write his own music, made his own "merch", got his music on Apple. After high school they got a 15 passenger van and did a tour of the country. He started to do the vocals and was the lead man for the band. After several tours and tattoos. Dropped out of college. He was invited to play for an other band that was on the edge of making it big. At the same time he found a Job that would turn into his career. He asked if he should join the band or take the job. We told him it was his decision. He took the job. He is making more money than if he went to and graduated from college. He has been able to travel around the world with his job. He still plays his guitar and even messes around with an acoustical.
If your daughter can teach herself all that, it is unlimited what she can do. Do your best to support her and stay out of her way, the sky is the limit.
That's AWESOME!!! Thanx for sharing! -

Side Note: I ABSOLUTELY stay out of her way (when needed) - she's JUST like her mother! LOVE THEM BOTH! HAH! When she taught herself the Ukulele, she plays it backwards because that's how she watched on Youtube. - Now she will have to teach herself right-handed.

That's AWESOME!!! Thanx for sharing! -

Side Note: I ABSOLUTELY stay out of her way (when needed) - she's JUST like her mother! LOVE THEM BOTH! HAH! When she taught herself the Ukulele, she plays it backwards because that's how she watched on Youtube. - Now she will have to teach herself right-handed.
So awesome, glad you understand what I meant by stay out of her way. The apples did not fall far from the tree! :cool: :cool:.

I am sure you have some good stories about her adventures. I am truly amazed at how that generation can teach themselves.

Kids (mostly girls) will always have dads wrapped around their figures.

$73 for an album.... That does not surprise me. Lately, there is a growing demand and as far as I know, there are not that many companies pressing records. Low supply VS hi demand = $73 for a record.

BTW: I know people that have $150,000 invested in their stereo systems. They do not flinch at $73.
https://www.audioadvice.com/rega-planar-10-turntable.... $9,695 for the Aphelion version (without a cartridge)

What a world.....

Back