Vibration at low speeds...

Zhem

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
Question for the forum.....

I noticed a vibration when driving between 24 and 36 and figured I had a tire out of balance. My alignment was also slightly off so I decided to drop it off at the dealer. They looked and said the alignment was In fact very slightly off and a couple of tires needed very minor balancing. Got it back and the vibration is still there through acceleration, coasting, and braking and most noticeable at 32. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? This isn’t my first 3/4 ton (still have my 2006 F250 the 6.0) so I don’t expect a smooth ride but also don’t think it should be vibrating.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Should not be experiencing that at all. Should be smooth.
It doesn't surprise me that the alignment is off and tires are not perfectly balanced.

I don't have a lot of faith in my dealerships service department.
I use an independent shop for wheel balance and alignment. Its the same guy who owns the shop works on it. You never know what kind of experience the dealerships mechanics ( or monkeys) have.

You could have something else like a drive shaft out of balance or maybe got nicked when it was shipped. Could be a bad rotor but I doubt that. Even a bad wheel.

Should not be experiencing that at all. Should be smooth.
It doesn't surprise me that the alignment is off and tires are not perfectly balanced.

I don't have a lot of faith in my dealerships service department.
I use an independent shop for wheel balance and alignment. Its the same guy who owns the shop works on it. You never know what kind of experience the dealerships mechanics ( or monkeys) have.

You could have something else like a drive shaft out of balance or maybe got nicked when it was shipped. Could be a bad rotor but I doubt that. Even a bad wheel.

Thanks. They had me drop it off at the quick lane initially and said if they didn’t address it to bring it back and have the fleet side look at it. Will go ahead and make and appointment and see If they can find the issue next week.

Just got off the phone with my local dealer/service department, they said they can't get me in until the 24th......that doesn't bode well for addressing issues in the future.....

Take it to another dealer...Get it done!

Yeah, going to contact the dealers up in Sacramento and see where I can get it in. I just drove my 2006 F250 6.0 today and there is less vibration in that (and that is with 170k+ miles and needing new tires and shocks).

Yeah, going to contact the dealers up in Sacramento and see where I can get it in. I just drove my 2006 F250 6.0 today and there is less vibration in that (and that is with 170k+ miles and needing new tires and shocks).
I would recommend team near the airport.

Update - So I ended up taking it to the Folsom CA dealership a couple of weeks ago and they said one of the tires was out of round, replaced it and everything seemed fine for about a hundred miles, and now the vibration is back. I have an appointment this Wednesday and this will be the 4th time the truck has been in for a ride issue. First time was due to float, they replaced all four tires. Second time was due to vibration, they said nothing was wrong and gave it back. 3rd time I took it to another dealership and they said a tire was out of round and replaced it. Now the issue is back. Starting to wonder if it is a rim issue. Frustrating to say the least, I have 1,100 miles and this is the 4th trip to the dealership.

bad wheel???

good excuse to upgrade to some aftermarket wheels.

Have the tires road force balanced.
I had same issue. Dealership didn't want to do it. I told them I would pay for it. They still shrug

I had same issue. Dealership didn't want to do it. I told them I would pay for it. They still shrug
How is that different than normal balance?

Dealers need to do it. They will get reimbursed by ford.

They road force balanced last time I took it in (when they found out the tire was out of round). I will make sure they do it again. As for aftermarkets, they are in the long term plan, have a few items I want to do first and, since it is a new truck, feel like Ford needs to get it right.

They road force balanced last time I took it in (when they found out the tire was out of round). I will make sure they do it again. As for aftermarkets, they are in the long term plan, have a few items I want to do first and, since it is a new truck, feel like Ford needs to get it right.
Agree with you on Ford making it right. I plan to swap my wheels and tires but only after I wear out the tires. ( hope thats like 40-50,000 miles)

40-50 thousand. I have 5219 on od and they are half gone. I have the 7.3 and tow alot. Probably 3-4 day a week there is trailer on back close to 7k

I would bet it is the Duratrack Tires I have had 3 sets on my F350 and each set 35 to 40k miles. Always had a shake in my truck at about 45 to 48 MPH. I thought it was the truck. Didnt realize it was the tires until I changed brands to Nitto Ridge Grappler. Truck has now been fine for 40k. and has life left in them now and it still doesnt have the hop at that speed. Definitely go with road force balance and get a tech trained in its use. Tires have to be run at least 10 miles to warm up before road force balance . I have 6 Honda stores and when there is an issue with road force the Honda Tech engineer always requests having at least 12 tires available to end up with 4j good tires. Even with Michelin. So must run 10 miles between each tire to be Road Forced, and also sometimes if it is low Road Force, less than 15lbs it may be able to match the tire to the rim to change the force to an acceptable level.

Latest Discussions

Back